Author Topic: Eastern Front now loaded in CT  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Eastern Front now loaded in CT
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2005, 11:01:45 PM »
Originally posted by TheBug
It is a good setup to most, attempting to justify it to the few only builds animosity.

I find myself stunned (and very happy) to once again see that Bug is the voice of reason, and he is 100% correct.

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2005, 11:22:26 AM »
I don't think we should take notice to how the whiners answer, it is most certainly a given. We would be better suited taking notice to how we answer the whiners, or better yet how we don't answer them.

very well put,,,,,,,,is that really thebug???
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2005, 02:10:12 PM »
I don't think we should take notice to how the whiners answer, it is most certainly a given.  We would be better suited taking notice to how we answer the whiners, or better yet how we don't answer them.

It is a good setup to most, attempting to justify it to the few only builds animosity.

I'm going to start calling you 'Yoda':D

Offline Echo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2005, 04:51:32 PM »
haha you wouldn't be the first

Offline Schaden

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2005, 05:07:01 PM »
Why bother with this BS...I never seen more than 4 people in the CT in over a year, close it down no one uses the place.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2005, 05:35:42 PM »
Originally posted by Schaden
Why bother with this BS...

Wouldn't you posting this be a direct contradiction to what you posted.  Obviously you chose to bother.

That is unless your post had an alterior motive.  In that case a more in depth explanation may be in order.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2005, 07:47:55 PM »
damm bug i liked u better when u was on the DARK side  ,,wtf happened,,did they up your meds?
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2005, 08:41:01 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Yak9T has 32 rds of 37mm, and if you actually do that thing, you know? that think that's needed to get kills, oh yes -- "aim" -- then you get plenty of kills with it. The peashooter is, quite literally, useless... Not enough ammo to down a single plane... But enough to keep fighting even if you're out of 37mm ammo. I got 4 kills in 1 sortie once (3 of them were me wasting many rounds on a formation of ju88s). If I can do it, you sure as hell can, because I simply SUCK for aiming.

Yep, I was stoked when I saw this setup.

The trick with the Yak-9T is to fire 3 round bursts. It helps for ammo conservation, and helps remind me to focus on aiming a bit more. Anyhow, 1 hit kills pretty much any fighter.

also consider that the NS-37 cannon has some of the best ballistics in the game. That bullet goes straight and fast. It takes a while to get used to that gun, unless you're used to Hispanos.

I was a bit surprised that the G6 wasn't in there.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Schaden

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2005, 05:28:06 AM »
Wouldn't you posting this be a direct contradiction to what you posted.  Obviously you chose to bother.

That is unless your post had an alterior motive.  In that case a more in depth explanation may be in order.

Frustration probably - I like it, it seems that no one in my time zone likes it enough to log on so why bother, I've been playing quite a lot lately, bout 40 hours a month up from 20 or so and I have yet to see CT hit double digits any time in the last 6 months let alone last 6 weeks.

2 - 3 at the most it's a dead horse - when I joined AH about 3 years ago there was always people in there now it's deserted - it's just not popular and personally I don't think it bodes well for TOD.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2005, 07:48:38 AM »
Originally posted by Schaden
Why bother with this BS...I never seen more than 4 people in the CT in over a year, close it down no one uses the place.

I would like to suggest a week of something along this line, for a change and maybe to get new ppl into CT to check it out:
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150103

set it up with the mid-planeset, leave icons at short, jack the wind layer up above 8k, get a small map with at least one set of bases close (preferably with alt), disable the other bases,gv's base capture, flak, boats, etc ... set it up just like it is described in the thread - then advertise the heck out of it in MA, bbs for the week prior to it running and see what happens

"historic" or not, it would be fun and a nice change
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2005, 07:57:20 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
I would like to suggest a week of something along this line, for a change and maybe to get new ppl into CT to check it out:

Where could we get the map?

- oldman

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2005, 08:11:03 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler

set it up with the mid-planeset, leave icons at short, jack the wind layer up above 8k, get a small map with at least one set of bases close (preferably with alt), disable the other bases,gv's base capture, flak, boats, etc ... set it up just like it is described in the thread - then advertise the heck out of it in MA, bbs for the week prior to it running and see what happens

"historic" or not, it would be fun and a nice change

been mentioned a couple of times that the CT could go in that direction without too much tweaking.

No GV's, no capture  , pick some couple of broadish plane sets , lock the fights into a tight area, through the field enabling , and advertise it as the Aerial Combat Arena. Could almost be sure a truckload of Bk's would give it a whirl , as would many others as well. Might even think about fudging some matchups to make the plane sets  even if that was needed. or  start early war and do a little RPS , day by day

The 10K wind layer is a great idea as well.

What's to lose ? , run it for a week every no and then and see what happens
I come from a land downunder

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2005, 08:44:46 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Where could we get the map?

- oldman

any map with bases within a sector/sector and a half distance would do, alt is secondary as the cap would be 8k held in check with demonic winds above stated ceiling

heck, the map that's in there now would work - just disable all but one or two bases for each side

I think it'd be suprising fun and crowded
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2005, 08:51:20 AM »
do a ,Fightr only room,,it will fail worse than the ct is now ,,it may do ok till the novelty wears off of it but i thought that arena already exists its called the DA
Major EaglePoo

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2005, 09:15:45 AM »
Originally posted by 1redrum
do a ,Fightr only room,,it will fail worse than the ct is now ,,it may do ok till the novelty wears off of it but i thought that arena already exists its called the DA

There are folks in the DA doing...gasp...DUELS.  

I don't know how much you fly the DA but engaging someone there is usually only done with permission. What we are looking for is a fuball arena, minus the GVs and land grabbers. I would add in things like no ordinance of any kind, up the ack lethality and hardness 100X to discourage vulching, give both sides the same choice in planesets too so there won't be al the whining about whose plane is 10mph faster then the others (like there was in the beginning of this thread).

I agree it should be done for a week as a test, make a MOTD in the MA too. This is not as a replacement of the CT just as a test of the popularity of the urball map idea. Maybe do it and the CT setup in an every other week thing for two tours and see what happens to the numbers.