Author Topic: Eastern Front now loaded in CT  (Read 2167 times)

storch

Eastern Front now loaded in CT
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2005, 09:25:06 AM »
the blue velvet mafia wants their own arena.

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2005, 09:28:10 AM »
Originally posted by storch

Sorta like the leather underwear gang eh?

JKM! :D

storch

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2005, 10:04:08 AM »
well, ours are more like thongs.  :D

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2005, 10:06:39 AM »

We will be pleased to welcome you as warmly in ours, as you have extended to us in yours   ;)

but seriously, I  think there are many squads/ppl who would find this a fun change and would give it a go.
I come from a land downunder

storch

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2005, 10:14:40 AM »
the idea has merit,  I would suggest the elimination of puffy ack and the high wind thing not so low. 10K might be good as a margin.  by keeping the bases close by I don't believe anyone will climb above 5k anyway.  that was the one thing I liked about okinawa in AHI.  the combatative bases were basically in the same sector and all the fights were low. also keep in mind that if you enable the whole plane set and the ceiling being so low it will be the spitty,niki,lala arena.  the usaaf, most raf and luftweenies need a little alt to be competetive.  some of the cartoon stars might do well in the 109F4 in that environment the rest of us would just remain in the MA.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 10:29:20 AM by storch »

storch

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2005, 10:26:57 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
We will be pleased to welcome you as warmly in ours, as you have extended to us in yours   ;)

but seriously, I  think there are many squads/ppl who would find this a fun change and would give it a go.

was never ours mate, we were just the most numerous, most commited players as a squad to the arena.  the higher up the tree you climb the more you expose your arse to the slings and arrows of the crowd.  we were pretty far up that tree.

speaking for myself you can have the current arena and any future iterations.

if squad play ever evolves for this transition I would return.  the CT can offer the best non scripted fights when a good set up is presented.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2005, 10:29:10 AM »
The mid war plane set looked like this

A6M5b
A6M2
Bf 109E-4
Bf 109F-4
Bf 109G-2
Bf 109G-6
C.202
C.205
F4U-1
F4U-1D
F6F-5
FM2
Fw 190A-8
Fw 190A-5
Fw 190F-8
Hurricane Mk I
Hurricane IIC
Hurricane IID
Ki-61-I-KAIc
Ki-84-Ia
La-5FN
N1K2-J
P-38G
P-38J
P-40B
P-40E
P-47D-11
P-47D-25
P-51B
Seafire IIC
Spitfire Mk IA
Spitfire V
Spitfire Mk IX
Typhoon
Yak-9T

I see no problem with leaving out the Spit V and the Niki and Seafire if that was a concern, and they were the only planes ppl were flying

Would be nice to see a mix of planes in the air, and a diff mix to the MA

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2005, 10:37:08 AM »
was never ours mate, we were just the most numerous, most commited players as a squad to the arena.  the higher up the tree you climb the more you expose your arse to the slings and arrows of the crowd.  we were pretty far up that tree.

speaking for myself you can have the current arena and any future iterations.

if squad play ever evolves for this transition I would return.  the CT can offer the best non scripted fights when a good set up is presented.

CT with 12-20 can still offer better more fun fights than the MA with 500. I am a little lucky that in my evenings the MA averages about 120-150, and it actually plays very well with those numbers , much better than 500.

If the CT averaged 30-60, with lots of good fights , it's a pretty good option isn't it..

storch

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2005, 10:42:12 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
CT with 12-20 can still offer better more fun fights than the MA with 500. I am a little lucky that in my evenings the MA averages about 120-150, and it actually plays very well with those numbers , much better than 500.

If the CT averaged 30-60, with lots of good fights , it's a pretty good option isn't it..

That's why I'm always late arriving at work in the mornings. :D  the MA is fine with 100-200 players.  The CT with 30-60 players would be a nice arena indeed.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
If you build it I will come...
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2005, 12:35:49 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
I would like to suggest a week of something along this line, for a change and maybe to get new ppl into CT to check it out:
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150103

set it up with the mid-planeset, leave icons at short, jack the wind layer up above 8k, get a small map with at least one set of bases close (preferably with alt), disable the other bases,gv's base capture, flak, boats, etc ... set it up just like it is described in the thread - then advertise the heck out of it in MA, bbs for the week prior to it running and see what happens

"historic" or not, it would be fun and a nice change

Sounds good to me. Let people know ahead of time as a lot of players don't read this BBS.

Count me in!

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2005, 01:05:38 PM »
go to the DA or H2H if u want that.

Offline Wadke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2005, 02:05:36 PM »
what's it gonna hurt to give it a shot TK? Typical answer to go to DA of course and H2H only allows 7 players a room so that's a no go.

I say give it a shot and FEAR THE FURBALL!!

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2005, 02:21:59 PM »
Wadke... you live in little WASH PA? :eek:

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2005, 02:32:55 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
go to the DA or H2H if u want that.

want what?

numbers and fun to return to the CT? Yes
sorry cant control the settings in the DA and H2H has ppl numb limits - the CT is the only place we can currently get this up quickly

heck, we are only talking about a week here - it should be a no brainer - what do we have to lose, the half dozen CTer's that now fly in the room?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2005, 02:34:19 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
I'm going to start calling you 'Yoda':D

Funny you should mention that. From last years 880 photo album,
the master giving a pre-mission brief. :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 02:43:49 PM by Skyfoxx »
"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."