Author Topic: Eastern Front now loaded in CT  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Eastern Front now loaded in CT
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2005, 03:12:11 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
heck, we are only talking about a week here - it should be a no brainer - what do we have to lose, the half dozen CTer's that now fly in the room?

I'd suggest a minimum of two weeks, with a week of normal CT setup in between. We can use the downtime after the first to play it up before the second. If it fails and nobody shows up we just call it an experiment and go back to 500 dweebs in the perpetual quake-CTF...errr...MA.

Offline Wadke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2005, 04:12:40 PM »
Yep stream i live in Washington, PA hehe :D

You?

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2005, 04:28:53 PM »
want what?

numbers and fun to return to the CT? Yes
sorry cant control the settings in the DA and H2H has ppl numb limits - the CT is the only place we can currently get this up quickly

heck, we are only talking about a week here - it should be a no brainer - what do we have to lose, the half dozen CTer's that now fly in the room?

If you want a non historical setup. All that is, is the MA mixed with the DA. The CT trys to be historical and its fun for most who fly it. That kinda of setup has nothing to do with historical nor does it belong in the CT. What the CT need is more maps and mostly more positive things said about it in the game and on this board. If you run that setup and get new people in the CT they will be comeing for all the wrong reasons. Lets say the CMs do run it and more people show up. What happens the next setup? If they just come because of this setup then the next week we'll be at the same place we are now, but it would be how can we get those people back instead of how can we get people.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2005, 04:37:05 PM »
the C in CT is for "Combat"

that's all the proposed setup is about

whats wrong with running it a week or two if more want to try it than do not?

the jg54 thinks its their personal room - LOL

don't worry, you all can gang in the Fighter room too LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2005, 04:37:39 PM »
I have a couple of setups in the research and works phase that might fit the bill. BUT these setups that I plan to run will not have the full gamut of aircraft but will have very limited rides and very close airbases. Also they will not have screwy wind layers above a certain alt to mess with the game. If you want to fly your P-51 at ludicrous altitude and go ludicruos speed in a dive then so be it.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2005, 04:41:23 PM »
I hate to say it but the most arcade fun I ever had was in the arcade arena of Fighter Ace with air starts and arcade physics. No base capture and landing basically meant you were dead but didn't know it yet because you needed to repair a damaged plane. It was usually best to let it drop into the ground and reup another. BUT as I said it was an arcade arena only with crap for physics.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2005, 04:45:45 PM »
What kind of maps are u looking at doing Reschke?  This has been a very weak point with the CT since AH2.

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2005, 05:48:05 PM »
Originally posted by Wadke
Yep stream i live in Washington, PA hehe :D

You?

Go Wildthings...:aok

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2005, 05:58:36 PM »
the C in CT is for "Combat"

that's all the proposed setup is about

whats wrong with running it a week or two if more want to try it than do not?

the jg54 thinks its their personal room - LOL

don't worry, you all can gang in the Fighter room too LOL

The CT was made to be a historical setup arena not a furball arena. Thats what you and most the CMs have made it with the stupid non historical setups. Oh and if you want to start with the JG54 bashing you can take the CT and shove it for all I care.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2005, 06:09:40 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
If you want a non historical setup. All that is, is the MA mixed with the DA. The CT trys to be historical and its fun for most who fly it. That kinda of setup has nothing to do with historical nor does it belong in the CT. What the CT need is more maps and mostly more positive things said about it in the game and on this board. If you run that setup and get new people in the CT they will be comeing for all the wrong reasons. Lets say the CMs do run it and more people show up. What happens the next setup? If they just come because of this setup then the next week we'll be at the same place we are now, but it would be how can we get those people back instead of how can we get people.

The Furball Arena is about non-stop quick action.  The DA doesn’t get that, the MA and CT get it randomly for fleeting moments when a CV parks near a land base or bumps into another CV.  A few CT maps also get it randomly for a few fleeting moments when a base gets captured that’s less than 10 miles from an enemy base; and only a few maps have a few bases that close.

The Furball Arena is not historical, but it does showcase action and early warbirds will have their place.

eskimo

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2005, 06:25:36 PM »
The CT was made to be a historical setup arena not a furball arena. Thats what you and most the CMs have made it with the stupid non historical setups. Oh and if you want to start with the JG54 bashing you can take the CT and shove it for all I care.

The best turn-out the CT has ever seen was an Allies vs. Axis set-up (before your time).  This was all Allied planes vs. all Axis planes.  It was at best quasi-historical, so what.  The CT should be a good place for experiments; what has it got to lose?

eskimo

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2005, 06:33:39 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
The CT should be a good place for experiments; what has it got to lose?

The only "loss" I can conceive is that 10-15 vociferous folks might lose their personal playground for a week.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2005, 06:54:50 PM »

Does this mean you're leaving?

And what "nonhistorical" set ups are you talking about?

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2005, 10:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by soda72
What kind of maps are u looking at doing Reschke?  This has been a very weak point with the CT since AH2.

Shoot me an email and I will let you know. Dux is working on one and I have another idea for something else that may have to get some work done to get to it.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2005, 07:55:56 AM »
Originally posted by Reschke
Shoot me an email and I will let you know. Dux is working on one and I have another idea for something else that may have to get some work done to get to it.

I'll shoot you an e-mail Saturday after I get back from a work related trip I have to take....