Author Topic: Eastern Front now loaded in CT  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Eastern Front now loaded in CT
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2005, 11:16:20 AM »
I remember the set up Eskimo's talking about.  It was indeed kind of a fun change, while still preserving (very loosely) the historical adversarial aspect of the CT.  It would be easy to do.  Take any of the maps that have a close cluster of a dozen or so bases; completely disable all other fields; disable capture by upping the no. of troops required or making town downtimes extremely short (or both); make hanger downtimes 30 seconds or so.  Enable all fighters for each side based along historical lines (hell, give 'em bombers, too).  Then, "Release the hounds!" and "Let slip the dogs of war!"  Would be a nice change for a week, I'd say.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
yay, more squadcism
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2005, 11:33:18 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
the C in CT is for "Combat"

that's all the proposed setup is about

whats wrong with running it a week or two if more want to try it than do not?

the jg54 thinks its their personal room - LOL

don't worry, you all can gang in the Fighter room too LOL

Blanket statements aside, how many people is enough so the arena doesn't get used for this? The CT IS Aces High for me, if the CT were gone I would no longer play. If everyone is so confident that this idea will work, use the MA, or I guess that has 'enough' people that their opinion counts. I've taken a break for a couple of weeks but before that I haven't flown on my squads side in months to balance things out so it's not that I enjoy 'gangbanging', I'm usually on the other end of it but it makes be better at flying because of the input I get. This proposed setup does sound exactly like the DA with some tweaks.  I don't like the furball of every type of plane going at it, I just don't. No fun in that for me in the slightest. I like the imersion factor and flying against the same plane I'm in takes me out of the sim and puts me into the game.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 11:37:36 AM by plank »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2005, 12:49:08 PM »
plank

you won't be willing to try it for a week?

I think anything and everything should be tried to save CT

it may bomb big or be the spark ppl need to try "the other arena"

God knows nothing "historic" has gotten the numbers in there yet..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2005, 11:38:35 PM »
If there is one thing ya do in this arena (which, in all likelihood HT wont approve), is to disable these stupid squads. If some folks wanna fly together, thats fine--just dont encourage the cliques--which invaribaly turn off outsiders. Asidefrom that, mebbe a hi-alt area where folks can have 25k fights in jugs, and the few other planes which excel at the alts most WW2 fights were fought at.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2005, 12:35:07 AM »
Eagler I think part of it is that people who don't read the forums don't really know what the "Combat Theater" really is. That is why I would push for a name change first and foremost. While I truly don't think the "FT" gig is the way to go I can say that if its in there then I would at least give it a shot.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"