Author Topic: CNN reporters...  (Read 2354 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
CNN reporters...
« on: September 13, 2001, 03:31:00 PM »
WTF did they get these people?

Especially the women. Am looking at some blonde/fake blonde bimbo sayin" what a terrible tragedy" with that fake "trying to sell myself" smile on her face and the bimbo-esque voice.

I am disgusted. How can they put these people on TV during a time like this? It STINKS of disrespect for humans and humanity.

In Denmark, things are very somber right now. Many have been lying flowers outside the US embassy and the chrurches have been open, with people coming to show sympathy and light a candle for the victim and their families.

The people around me have had very somber expression on their faces - and a group that made crude jokes about the incident quickly found themselves frozen out.

Unfortunately, a small Palestinian minority has disgraed themselves and done themselves a great disservice - drove around in their cars waving the Palestinian flag and celebrating it. They didn't get far before their cars were vandalized though - and I have a feeling  that the Palestinian cause has suffered a major blow.

For me, the magnitude of the situation has just begun to sink in. I'm saddened, heartbroken and incredibly angry. Americans are basically danes with a slightly different culture - not that different in relative terms. The deaths caused by cowardly terrorists in the US I see as deaths of people in *my* group - of freedom loving democratic people - who had done absolutely nothing to deserve what has now happened.

Americans: I give you my heartfelt condolences and sympathies and I for one will stand by you, as you are my brethren. We're now one people, fighting one foe.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
CNN reporters...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2001, 03:36:00 PM »
Santa,

Thanks for your kind words.  I know that this is being felt around the world... but its touching to hear it on such a personal level.

As for the CNN reporter... I think I know which one you are talking about.  She was on last night and I had to comment to my wife... "I bet she regrets having that smile surgically implanted on her face right about now." :(

The reporters have been the topic of a couple of other discussions.  They are proving their sensitivity and worth right about now.  I just hope people remember how dumb they are the next time they try to take a stance on any kind of issue.

AKDejaVu

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2001, 03:46:00 PM »
CNN was 5th in the ratings behind the networks and FOX this week.  Someone should get canned for their horrible NY coverage and the Headline News reorg debacle.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2001, 03:50:00 PM »
it that the one with the squinty eyes like she is always looking into the sun with her plastic surgery stretched tight looking face?
she was playing both side against the middle on two different interviews my son and I watched last night. I got so sick of looking at her and listening to her whiny voice, I changed the channel. They are all pretty much getting on my last nerve about now..

I think a stationary camera with a teleprompter crawl is about all we need at this point.

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Eagler ]
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2001, 03:51:00 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, the BBC coverage beats all. Thorough, objective and it's missing all of the mindless speculation that fills the hours of U.S. news coverage.
sand

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2001, 03:53:00 PM »
thanks santa, we appreciate that, BTW i don't watch CNN ,i watch fox news

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2001, 04:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM:
As far as I'm concerned, the BBC coverage beats all. Thorough, objective and it's missing all of the mindless speculation that fills the hours of U.S. news coverage.

Absolutely, we've been getting a fair bit of the mindless specutaltion, up here also.  BBC kicks ass.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
CNN reporters...
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2001, 06:11:00 PM »
StSanta <S>... and yea the American Media is relentless but I've seen alot more respect and good journalism (for here anyway) than I have on anything since the gulfwar.

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2001, 06:30:00 PM »
nm

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Thrawn ]

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2001, 07:50:00 PM »
When watching CCN I found myself getting more angry by the minute.
It's almost like listening to a tape loop that says "death death death kill kill kill"
If I hear another CCN reporter use another mindless, superlative in regards to this horror I'm gonna be sick.
Their constant mindless, needless, sensationalist speculation drives me nuts.

I spent 15 years in the broadcast field and they remind me of one of our reporters who asked a grieving father, after his son just drowned in front of him, "How does this make you feel sir ?".
If we had not been "live" I think the man would have punched the reporter. I know most of us in the studio wanted to.

The BBC is great. Honest, balanced, reporting of information.

Offline Serapis

• Copper Member
      • http://www.keithreid.com
CNN reporters...
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2001, 07:51:00 PM »
We actually got to see some of the producers doing some reporting in the first day of the tragedy. They are the real reporters who gather the material that the "news actors" (all to true even with CNN these days) spit out. They would probably ask better questions of the people on the street if they were the ones doing the interviews instead of just the background work, but the serious people don't tend to be photogenic enough for television.

Charon

Where is Cronkite when you need him.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
CNN reporters...
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2001, 08:01:00 PM »
Anchor: "Do we know if the President has boarded Marine 1 yet?"
Field Reporter: "Yes we do, but we aren't supposed to disclose it."

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2001, 08:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
Anchor: "Do we know if the President has boarded Marine 1 yet?"
Field Reporter: "Yes we do, but we aren't supposed to disclose it."

:p

Offline Hobodog

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.military.com
CNN reporters...
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2001, 09:30:00 PM »
Was that the same potato wait no shes not potato you have to be completly organic to be a good potato/slut interview with Clancy.  :D

But the networks are good specailly fox great coverage Fox was the best of the networks and of the Cable groups FOXNEWS was the best. oh and O'REILLY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The BBC may rock but it cant rock like FOXNEWS with O'REILLY or Hannity & Colmes at that though Colmes sucks. Even Zahn good. Shes the best female anchor ive ever seen.

Offline Ddriag

• Zinc Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2001, 08:22:00 AM »
I work for the BBC!
I'm glad were doing it right.
Nobody I know wants to glamourize this horrific event, we went to great lengths to be fair, accurate and dispassionate. You don't need us to tell you how angry you must feel.

Good Luck.

Jim Harris
Cameraman edit researcher.