Author Topic: CNN reporters...  (Read 2359 times)

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
CNN reporters...
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2001, 08:49:00 AM »
Could someone in the media please explain to me why reporters seem to ask some of the dumbest questions in these news conference.  Why when given the answer that others in the same conference ask the same question?  Is it part of the requirements that a reporter has to have wax buildup in their ears?

With the pop-culture mentality that has  seemed to invaded the media, I find that FOX NEWS is the only place I can find the who,what,where information I require.  I don't need to be told how to "feel" about the news.

The Jenning's types I just can't watch as I am so embarrassed for them.  They always end up putting their foot in their mouths.  They are so out of touch with the public.

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: 1776 ]

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
CNN reporters...
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2001, 09:16:00 AM »
I agree, BBC is very good source of information. They always tell information about what have lead to things, not only report what has just happened.
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2001, 09:33:00 AM »
They need to get rid of the talking heads on the networks also:
Jennings
Rather
Brokoff
time for these pompus aholes to resign and be replaced with unbias "reporters"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2001, 10:02:00 AM »
After last night's reporting cluster-phuck regarding the 10 arrested in NY airports, I may just start watching BBC America instead of the networks.  Fox News is the worst for spreading the paranoya.

Just how the hell did 4 or 5 people heading to a Boeing conference (with Boeing stickers on their bags) suddenly become "hijackers" who were trying to pose as crew.  The person that reported that they had knives and fake ID's should be shot.

Offline Ddriag

• Zinc Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2001, 10:26:00 AM »
<<Could someone in the media please explain to me why reporters seem to ask some of the dumbest questions in these news conference. Why when given the answer that others in the same conference ask the same question? Is it part of the requirements that a reporter has to have wax buildup in their ears?>>

It's standard practice to ask the same question, slightly rephrased over and over in the hope that something more than the party line will be offered. This technique is useful if you think someones holding out on you. Bear in mind that press conferences are not really designed to be live and concurrent.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2001, 10:37:00 AM »
Ok, a technique.  Hmmmmmmmm, I believe those answering the questions are clearly of higher intelligence.  The technique doesn't work.

So, I still ask why they ask such dumb questions?  Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe appearing real dumb is a technique too  :)  They are very successful with this technique :)

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: 1776 ]

Offline Ddriag

• Zinc Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2001, 01:42:00 PM »
I don't know why I bother!

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2001, 02:12:00 PM »
Ddriag, just gave ya a 5 on member vote thingie :)  I see you are one of the  geniuses that make the "pretty people" look good.  Man, you guys really have to work hard.  You need a huge pay raise!!

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2001, 02:20:00 PM »
N/T
-SW

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2001, 02:32:00 PM »
News coverage has been interesting.

CBS ala Dan Rather has been horrible, Dan needs to retire.  He asked how the 2nd tower was an hour after it collapsed.  He was being pretty ruthless about President Bush not coming back to Washington, DC (we now know Air Force 1 was a target).  Rather is just an ass, its clear he has no love for Bush, or any republican.

NBC is usually ok, but Katie Couric is a twit.  Anytime one of the commentators mentioned something, she had a contradicting opinion and some stupid little personal story to go along with it.  We didnt stay on that channel long.

CNN....well, I gave up on them ages ago, guys.  Great chicks, nice looking, but these folks scream we should retaliate yet would be the first ones to click on the cameras and show us the poor victims of the people we bombed in any retaliation.  They are last in the ratings period for a reason.

MSNBC...you mean they still have viewer?

ABC's Jenning's really made an bellybutton of himself, all pissed off, like Dan Rather, the President listened to the Secret Service rather than him.  This is the same network tht owns Mickey Mouse, coinicidence?  I think not...hehe

I've never watched the BBC, I think I have it too.  Have to check it out.

I DO watch, and love, FoxNews.  Especially the O'Reilly Factor.  This guy is awesome, he asks the hard questions and those who give him spin get clobbered.  You want someone that speaks from the hip and asks those hard questions you'd wanna ask, here's your man.

My 2 cents

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2001, 12:49:00 AM »
I like FOX NEWS for the news.  I like to watch CNN to get the latest spin the liberal
 democrat's fax machine has issued.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2001, 01:17:00 AM »
Just about the only reliable international news comes from the BBC.

I was moved to tears by tonights segment.. when they paid their respect to America all across Europe and beyond with the Three Minutes of Silence... completly missed by CNN.

God Bless you all, BBC!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2001, 07:34:00 AM »
what LePaul said

shame our top newscasters can't get over their own egos to unite with the rest of the country against the REAL enemies of the world..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
CNN reporters...
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2001, 11:22:00 AM »
Eagler, don't be so hard on Peter, Tommy, and Danny.  We need to understand that their job in life is to read a teleprompter, look and sound pretty. Nothing else.  As they are isolated from the "little people" and only have contact with the "pop culture" we shouldn't be surprised at their unprofessional and childish comments when they stray from what is provided on their teleprompters :)

It's a shame they don't understand that they are a prime target of the terrorist.  They are the mouthpiece for our culture and I for one will not be shocked to see them targeted.

I hope they realize that they also represent an American monument, freedom of the press!!  These terroist target freedom where ever they find it!!