Author Topic: US national anthem played at Changing of the Guard...  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
US national anthem played at Changing of the Guard...
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2001, 05:14:00 PM »
Yank isn't derogatory at all. It's an accolade. It's who we are.

We were Yanks in '18.

We were Yanks in '44.

We ARE Yanks.

Again, thanks to you lot!

<S>
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline zapkin

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2001, 11:51:00 PM »
<S> the UK and its people!

I hope we really do stand together and watch as the enemies of justice and freedom are blown into tiny indistiguishable bits by cruise missiles and smart bombs...oh...and highly trained comandos.

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: zapkin ]

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2001, 04:54:00 AM »
It was derogartory only once in US history, during our civil war.  The Rebels in the South called us that.

Today we call each other Yankees and Southern Rebels all the time in jokes.  Hell, one of our baseball teams is called Yankees.  Go ahead.  Use it as often and as much as you like.

Back to the real issue here though.  It seems Britain is definetly on our side, and may commit troops to any sort of war if one breaks out (thats iffy right now, with leanings towards there not being one...but...).

Its the rest of Europe that I am worried about.  I hope that they don't forget us.  The more people that show up for something like this, the better.

At least.....at least....help us with something else, like rebuilding the Trade Towers (controversial discussions, but we are having them).