Author Topic: WTF Skuzzy help anyone!!!  (Read 442 times)

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WTF Skuzzy help anyone!!!
« on: May 12, 2005, 10:03:48 PM »
WTF is it my video card i havent did anything to it never even tryed over  clocking it only drivers it has is reg ati drivers.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 11:07:10 PM »
The memory overheated.  Shut off your comp and leave it for a few, while its cooling check your video card and make sure its not all dusty (especially if you have cooling fins on the memory, blow the dust off them).  Then start it back up.  I've seen that a few times.  Rebooting usually solves it.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 06:48:04 AM »
That is definately heat and/or power related.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 09:06:46 AM »
ur puters on acid or it licked one of those frogs

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 10:54:21 AM »
Dissasemble your CPU fan/heat sync and clean it out. I recently replace the Mobo/Proc on my system and when I pulled out the old board the CPU heat sync was completely covered with dust gunk. Had to take the metal heat sync out and wash it to get the gunk off of it.

Also, get some canned air and blow out yourt power supply fan.

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 01:43:30 PM »
Well i keep my side off my comp only 3 fans one on ati 9800 pro the psu and the heatsink shut my comp down for bout day :) ill clean it when i get air :p

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 02:00:56 PM »
Originally posted by SkyChimp
Well i keep my side off my comp only 3 fans one on ati 9800 pro the psu and the heatsink shut my comp down for bout day :) ill clean it when i get air :p

This is a common mistake people make regarding cooling. Keeping the side of your PC off actually hurts your overall cooling. The case is designed to move the air in a certain fashion and you defeat that by leaving the side off. The key is air flow. With the side off, the power supply fan(s) do not pull the hot air out of the case drawing cooler air over your components. It just sucks air in from the open side near the power supply. Even though your CPU and GPU fans are drawing air over their respective heat syncs the overall hot air is lingering in the case enclosure. There is a reason the PS fan(s) and other case fans blow out. It is to create a vacuume inside the case to draw the cooler air in from the outside.

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 06:02:58 PM »
Well put the side on it does it worse do now i have a big arse fan over my vid card. :::Note VID CARD HOT HOT HOT HOT! only had it on 5 min now its burnin up.

Offline buzkill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 08:29:37 AM »
is the fan running?

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 12:57:58 PM »
Yep

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 01:47:05 PM »
is it a new card? By the looks of it , its on the way out. you might want to try underclocking it allitle bit and see if it helps. i know you havent overclocked it , but some times turning down the core or memory frequency will help with the heat problem that it has 38

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 02:15:06 PM »
it was heat after i put fan on it no probs S! ill try it tho if my card fux up send to ati :p shouldent be burnin up like that.