Author Topic: GV Icons  (Read 334 times)

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
GV Icons
« on: May 13, 2005, 09:41:53 PM »
Are the enemy GV's supposed to have icons like the aircraft in flight?
I'm new to AH and tried the GV's online, in one case I was being picked off every time I spawned. In looking around I saw no enemy icons and therefore had no clue where it was coming from before I got killed :(
Someone said it was a Panzer, but I don't know how he knew that. If there are no icons for the GV's, then ground fighting could be a problem for me.
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Eztgt2CH

• Zinc Member
GV Icons
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 06:45:24 AM »
You will not see any enemy icons when you are in a GV yourself.  You will see them when you are in a plane though.  Hope this helps.  If you get hit immediatly when you spawn it usually means there is a spawn camper waiting to kill anyone who tries to spawn in.  Try to avoid this situation as it just give that person easy kills.  Hope this helps.  If you are online and see anyone with CH in their name they are C-Hawks and are more than willing to help you.  Good luck and welcome to the game.

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
GV Icons
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 01:21:16 PM »
I do believe you will only see freindly gv icons

Offline LtPillur

• Copper Member
GV Icons
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 11:25:34 AM »
None on the ground. But use your abilities to zoom in through the gun or pintle or even just while driving. Listening is a good way of getting a feel for where a gv is. Get in the pintle and shut your engine off. Then turn yout turret and listen. Zoom in and look. After awhile it isn't so hard to see them. Hitting them is another thing. Good Luck
Peace
Pillur