Author Topic: Fighter Town  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 03:57:49 AM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
Inflammatory

I'm a little confused here. Awhile back you were quitting AH and told Skuzzy to close down the CT. As a result of that you were removed from the CM staff and you got upset. Now you care about what happens in the CT? I'm not a fan of the idea either, but several threads have favored giving it a try. It's not like it can get any worse than it is.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 05:58:10 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2005, 05:10:21 AM »
Originally posted by Bear76
I'm a little confused here. Awhile back you were quitting AH and told Skuzzy to close down the CT. As a result of that you were removed from the CM staff and you got upset. Now you care about what happens in the CT? I'm not a fan of the idea either, but several threads have favored giving it a try. It's not like it can get any worse than it is.

I got removed from the CT staff lol who told u that? I dont like how its not historical i dont care if everyplane in the inventory is enabled just make it axis vs allied and let the luft fight the brit russ and US and let the japs fight the brits and US. I dont like the idea of a FFA thats y i started flyin the CT almost 4 years ago.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 05:18:20 AM »
jsut looked at the setup. u have the Chog temp spit14. can i ask y no 152s or even a jet. i can see y no rocket.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
tk, don't get ur panties in a bunch
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2005, 05:22:14 AM »
no one has suggested turning CT into fighter town

the only thing that has been suggested is to give fighter town a chance as a weekly scenerio

all we are doing now is trying to fine tune that idea

================

Slash
good to hear about the downwind at 12k, I say bring it down to 7k
what about the ack? can you make it more deadly and/or indestructible? vulching will ruin it
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Fighter Town
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2005, 05:49:35 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
The reason I went with the Uterus map was to use 6 bases close together. The bases are 25 miles apart that we are using now. There is also a 127 mph down wind at 12k.

I can use the Rangoon map for this set up if we want bases on top of each other. Its has a limited amount of bases to begin with and it has a row of bases on the east side of the map that damn near touch. Let me know what you think and we'll fine tune the thing. I most likley will make a Axis vs Allies thing too.

Seriously, I logged in last night, looked at how far I'd have to fly to find a single enemy, and then went to the MA.

eskimo

storch

Fighter Town
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2005, 06:48:07 AM »
I would have logged on last night as well but instead decided to watch the paint in my bathroom dry. :D  I agree that the idea could work and in fact does work.  TK may be onto something.  there are much more suitable maps available for this kind of play in the H2H rooms.  Is there a way to take those maps and use them in the Confused Theater?  before anyone flies off of the handle it won't be just like H2H because in H2H you don't have to pay to play.   the very virtue that we are paying means that it will be a different experience.  you should add all the perk planes as well and not limit the axis side....again.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2005, 12:48:28 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
I got removed from the CT staff lol who told u that? I dont like how its not historical i dont care if everyplane in the inventory is enabled just make it axis vs allied and let the luft fight the brit russ and US and let the japs fight the brits and US. I dont like the idea of a FFA thats y i started flyin the CT almost 4 years ago.

You did when you withdrew a setup or a mission I don't remember and replied it was because you were removed from the CT staff.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Fighter Town
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2005, 04:24:56 PM »
I too would like to see it with a different map.  Not to criticize, but the whole concept of a fightertown would be to jump in a ride and get to furballing.  Such folks as this would draw tend to be action junkies and the shorter the distance the better.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2005, 04:46:52 PM »
Ill try another map.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2005, 06:44:48 PM »
yes a smaller map with much tougher ack please

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2005, 06:48:59 PM »
Damn you and your demands Eagler!!!!

rgr     will beef up the ack:D

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2005, 05:51:21 AM »
I do believe it was a hit, thanks Slash

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2005, 06:28:43 AM »
Originally posted by Bear76
You did when you withdrew a setup or a mission I don't remember and replied it was because you were removed from the CT staff.

where did u get that from. i quit the ct staff when i tryed to quit ah. i wasnt removed i quit.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2005, 06:48:50 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
I do believe it was a hit, thanks Slash

Seemed to work very well last night, Slash.  

- oldman

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Fighter Town
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2005, 07:00:10 AM »
Worked very good for me last night guys.

Fields maybe are a smidge TOO close, but it was good for instant action.

Until we get better #'s we need to watch the side balance.