Author Topic: KOTH altitude enforcment  (Read 3056 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
KOTH altitude enforcment
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 05:18:47 PM »
Half the battle of running a smoothe KOTH is PLAYER compliance of the rules and this is the ONLY part where being a good sport is involved.
If every Tom, Dick or Harry is going to skirt and loophole every rule in a  fight then we'll need a ratio if 1:1 with CMs and players.
Wont happen!
Maybe we can have another competition called WOTH. I'll let you figure it out.
That isn't directed at any specific individual.

Also, THIS is the place for the discussion.
Not in the MA, CT, TA, DA or SEA.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Valkyrie

• Copper Member
KOTH altitude enforcment
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2005, 06:06:11 PM »
TC take a year off get away from the arcade and then go to college and take physics. Once your done with that then go to flight school and learn how to fly. What you say about BnZ does not make any sense. If you had any skill at all you would want a cap at 8k. I think your going to win so maybe for go the skill route and head back to your arcade.

Vlkyire1

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
KOTH altitude enforcment
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 06:19:35 PM »
Valkyrie, ask just about anyone and they will tell you I am a BnZ fighter 90% of the time as I fly the P-51D about 99.9% of the time. That said, I flew friday and was able to BnZ plenty of times.

I'll agree that with a 6K limit, you can't zoom-climb if your fight started at anything above 4K, but most of the fights are below 2K, so it really is not a problem.

The rule I have a gripe about is the 60 second rule, but I'll go into that in another thread.

Offline Valkyrie

• Copper Member
KOTH altitude enforcment
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 06:54:38 PM »
Not the opening fight they always start at 5k. Thats why we always had that 8k cap. Just put the 8k cap back in and we will get this over with much faster.

Vlkyrie1

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
KOTH altitude enforcment
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 07:42:03 PM »
Originally posted by Valkyrie
TC take a year off get away from the arcade and then go to college and take physics. Once your done with that then go to flight school and learn how to fly. What you say about BnZ does not make any sense. If you had any skill at all you would want a cap at 8k. I think your going to win so maybe for go the skill route and head back to your arcade.

Vlkyire1

:rofl

lemming,

I think Midnight proved my point, , thanks Midnight :aok

Mr. Scholar man with ya physics  escapade,  I finished physics back in 1986 for your information, and I have no skill, just ask everyone on these boards.... when you want some lessons on how to go about  fighting in different situations give me a holler......cheers!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
KOTH altitude enforcment
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2005, 07:50:57 PM »
Not the opening fight they always start at 5k. Thats why we always had that 8k cap. Just put the 8k cap back in and we will get this over with much faster.

Vlkyrie1

btw....before the 8k alt cap, if my memory serves me correctly it was 6k alt cap to begin with......but my hair is turning grey and I am growing old, so my memory may be failing me as well.......

still though, Vlkyrie1, if you are going to blantantly come on these boards and state that if the rules do not fit your wishes you will break them / ignore them and if you get ejected then so be it. Why even show up with that type of atitude? we all abide by the rules set forth by the KOTH CM and we all have enough dignity to .ef if we cross the border of  any rule set forth.

please show up next friday at 3pm est Vlkyrie1, I want you to show me how great your SKILZ are, I am just a lowly arcade player who has nothing to back up my words, SHOW ME  SHOW ME SHOW ME, PLEASE! I want to be like Vlkyrie1 he is the l33t pile-it......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Valkyrie

• Copper Member
KOTH altitude enforcment
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2005, 08:57:35 PM »
Email is Schancell@aol.com. Please send me a note during the week I would love to head to the DA for a few.

Vlkyrie1

Offline Valkyrie

• Copper Member
KOTH altitude enforcment
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2005, 09:02:16 PM »
Koth used to be so civil what have you people done to it in my 3 month absence besides drop the cieling?

Vlkyrie1

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
KOTH altitude enforcment
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2005, 10:41:05 PM »
if you want to go a few in the DA is ok with me,  wonder what your earlier gameid was if you have been gone 3 months.  I been flying KOTHs off and on for last 2 or 3 years and do not recall a Vlkyrie1 ever, but as I mentioned earlier my mind slips from time to time

you can email me thru my profile, if you really want to go a few rounds in the DA for giggles, but don't get upset if you beat me in every match in the DA, I  am not a dueling type person......

TC
The Damned

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
KOTH altitude enforcment
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2005, 02:47:11 AM »
let's keep this civil gents.

I am one of them flyers that both b/z and mixes it up.  I always tried to fly "smart" in a koth.  If I had alt/e, I would keep it.  Some have called me timid for that, others know that I love to knife fight and enjoy a good turn and burn.  I've done plenty of both.

In past KOTH's, we had a 6k cruise, 8k zoom rule.  The problem was we had many players skirting that.  As a CM in God's eye, we can't tell who's 6k and who's 8k, so it is VERY hard to enforce.  

We are here to DISCUSS the alt rule, not bash each other.  

KOTH is about fighting.  I agree that on the initial merge, most pilots are 5-6k, and one can't b/z.  I ALSO know that when it was 8k, most pilots were 7-8k and again, one couldn't b/z.  I don't see a huge differance between 6-8k from a b/z perspective on that initial merge.  I don't understand why Valkyre is upset.  No matter WHAT we set the alt cap to, on that initial merge, most pilots will be as close to that cap as possible, thus makin' b/z not a vialble option on the INITIAL merege.  Also most fights DO end up 2k and down.  From a boom and zoom perspective, a 3-4k alt advantage is plenty.

Again tho', this is not a fixed rule yet, and we are here to discuss it, so let's DISUSS the rule.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Valkyrie

• Copper Member
KOTH altitude enforcment
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2005, 12:06:45 PM »
First it was a 5k cruise limit before with a high cap of 8k. We always had one or two people who didn't honor it but almost everyone else did. The reason I am so against 6k is I always climb on the merge and it completly takes me out of my game to have to do a nose high turn at the merge. The 5k-8k alt system was perfect before and should not have been tampered with. 8k left you with all kinds of options. 6k doesn't. 8k worked great for years, 6k so far this time really sucked for all envolved. I want a BnZ fight right from the start not afterward. If its like that I will avoid contact skirting the 60 sec rule following the letter not the spirt of the law until later in the koth when I have my merge 3k below the cap. Call me timid but I try to not fight anything except a BnZ as its all I do in the MA.

The real bottom line is a 5k cruise and 6k max cap is unfair to BnZ. Basically means everyone is angle fighting which in my opinion is the lowest form ACM requireign the least skill. Please change this back to the old rules where no one complained about the cap.

Vlkyrie1

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
KOTH altitude enforcment
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2005, 12:40:37 PM »
ROFL, least skill?  BnZ is the least skill in my opinion.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
KOTH altitude enforcment
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2005, 02:15:56 PM »
Originally posted by MwDogg
ROFL, least skill?  BnZ is the least skill in my opinion.

BnZ and TnB both require skills, I dont consider either skill set superior to the other, just different.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
KOTH altitude enforcment
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2005, 03:12:40 PM »
First it was a 5k cruise limit before with a high cap of 8k. We always had one or two people who didn't honor it but almost everyone else did. The reason I am so against 6k is I always climb on the merge and it completly takes me out of my game to have to do a nose high turn at the merge. The 5k-8k alt system was perfect before and should not have been tampered with. 8k left you with all kinds of options. 6k doesn't. 8k worked great for years, 6k so far this time really sucked for all envolved. I want a BnZ fight right from the start not afterward. If its like that I will avoid contact skirting the 60 sec rule following the letter not the spirt of the law until later in the koth when I have my merge 3k below the cap. Call me timid but I try to not fight anything except a BnZ as its all I do in the MA.

The real bottom line is a 5k cruise and 6k max cap is unfair to BnZ. Basically means everyone is angle fighting which in my opinion is the lowest form ACM requireign the least skill. Please change this back to the old rules where no one complained about the cap.

Vlkyrie1

The question at hand is if we want 6k or 8k.  We are not doing a "cruise" and a "zoom" alt.  Whatever we go with will the THE alt cap.  You break it, you .ef.  I still don't quite understand your argument of 6k vs. 8k.  Like I already said, what ever the max alt is, when FIGHT ON is called, everybody is at that max alt, be it 6k or 8k.  You don't HAVE the option to nose up and climb on the merge if you fly right at the max alt..  All your opponents are co alt with you, at the max alt, so I dont' see how 6k or 8k is any different when the round starts.

Are you asking for a "cruise" and a "max" alt then?  Because that isn't going to happen.  I'm still waiting for more people to chime in on what they prefer as a max alt, 6k or 8k.  The upcoming EuroKOTH this Friday is going to be 6k, and we'll see how that works out.  Me and fuzeman will decide what alt we feel is best and let everyone know for the June KOTH's, and we will base that on what everybody wants.

So come on you KOTH'rs, chime in.  Do you like 6k or 8k?

(edit. someone help me here.  how long has it been since we had cruise/zoom alts.  been well over a year if not closer to two hasn't it?)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 03:15:59 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Valkyrie

• Copper Member
KOTH altitude enforcment
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2005, 03:48:07 PM »
Well the right rules make a whole lot of difference. I haven't flown a koth yet this year I assumed we still had the 5k cruise rule in effect. Had flown so many I didn't even think to check for changes. My fault and appologies the right info changes things alot.

Vlkyire1