Author Topic: Told you it was Alpha code  (Read 944 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Told you it was Alpha code
« on: June 11, 2001, 11:11:00 AM »
"WB3 FMs are imho too immature, something is fishy compared to what we have in WB2.xx"

We have some "backwards" forces / masses right now, do to an input error.

All already fixed you should be happy next release.

In addition the Force feed back has been updated to the force system we use in WB 2.74, this will provide more "feedback"
                      into the whats going on inside the physics model.

------------------
                      Dan "Hotseat" Neault S.A.E
                      <FUBAR>
                      iEN

:)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2001, 11:30:00 AM »
Thought you were talking about WW2OL for a moment.

You wouldn't be far off the mark if you were.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2001, 01:36:00 PM »
Wow! Hotseat finaly managed to write 3 lines without obvious spelling mistakes!

Rip, can you expect more from a person who calls himself an engineer, but can't transfer metric units into imperial?

Looks like they spend more time on blaming "evil russkies" then on WB3 development.

If only Pyro could take his "corporate" hat off and comment on "flightmodel issues" in WB3...

Dowding, is it a joke or what?  :) Do you REALLY have such a callsign?! Do you know WHO had such a nickname!?

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2001, 02:07:00 PM »
who?

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2001, 02:42:00 PM »
Is it just me.. or does the above translate to "As we progress, we find we are having to use more and more of HT's crappy code".

AKDejaVu

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2001, 03:45:00 PM »
Heh Boroda - I thought you might have recognised it.  ;)

I saw a picture of Ivan N. Kozhedub standing in front of an La-5F with the words 'Koheba' stencilled on the fuselage.

I was reading that it's the name of a Russian folklore legend, who was kind of like the the Georgian version of Robin Hood. I lived near Nottingham for a while and spent much time in Sherwood Forrest as a kid, so it was kind of fitting, considering I fly the Lavochkins more than anything else.   :)

[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: Dowding ]
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2001, 04:19:00 PM »
:p

[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: SUPERFLY ]
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2001, 04:26:00 PM »
People in here are getting weirder and weirder every day  ;)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Bluefish

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2001, 09:19:00 PM »
Ummm, Dowding, I don't think Boroda was referring to the original.  Think short, mustache, pipe, liked uniforms, mass murderer.....oh yeah, he was a Georgian too.  His revolutionary nom de guerre was Koba before he changed it.  Good idea too- Kobagrad sounds like breakfast cereal.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2001, 10:05:00 PM »
read some old dowding posts if he aint a stalinist i dunno who is.........    :eek:

Offline Pegasus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2001, 06:56:00 AM »
Like any business, mistakes happen.
Aces High have had there fair share, of course mainly in the early days, but though they still happen with each release, and patches are released very shortly after the initial release which was always good practice.
I agree WB3 FM felt somewhat wierd comparing to 2.77r3, but it is a beta so I expected something to change soon and of course HS pointed that out.(Though goes to show you that the coding and the Winterwolf graphic engine are not relating to what they have operating at present, they are differently two separate sims, try not to confuse yourself that Warbirds3 is a copy and paste of 2.77r3 because it isnt).

Nothing wrong with alittle rubbing Rip, but just dont make the two sticks generate to much smoke, all good fun  ;)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2001, 07:15:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bluefish:
Ummm, Dowding, I don't think Boroda was referring to the original.  Think short, mustache, pipe, liked uniforms, mass murderer.....oh yeah, he was a Georgian too.  His revolutionary nom de guerre was Koba before he changed it.  Good idea too- Kobagrad sounds like breakfast cereal.

Well personnaly I love the Koba handle  :D
You want to now why ?  :D

The answer http://www.koba.fr/

I'm sure you were not aware of that Dowding that way when I see 1st your handle I was ROTLMAO  :D

Offline ah1g

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2001, 10:24:00 AM »
I thought Koba was Stalin's nickname.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2001, 11:48:00 AM »
lol Straf. You b'stard.  :D Interesting website.  :)

BTW 'Stalin' is not old Joe's real name either. Before and after the revolution he did use Soso and Koba before finally settling on Stalin. But a lot of revolutionaries used aliases from Russian history.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2001, 10:06:00 AM »
"KOHEBA" on a Kozhedub's La-5FN, later inherited by Kirill Yevstigneyev reads as "Koneva", it was a plane built on a money donated by peasant Konev. Cyrrilic "H" = Latin "N", Cyrrilic "B" = Latin "V".

Well, you are probably right that Iosif (Soso) Dzhugashvili AKA Koba AKA Josef Stalin acted like Georgian Robin Hood in 1900-s...