Author Topic: WWII Memorial Firm has "Nazi ties"  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
WWII Memorial Firm has "Nazi ties"
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2001, 02:46:00 PM »
Fish,

I never said any, some or all of those things did or did not happen.

What I said was you are significantly overstating the numbers in the case of the Native Americans and the US government.

And you are; it wasn't "untold millions".

(As the article shows, that statment is much more accurate with respect to the period from 1492 to about 1650. There you have a case for "untold millions".)

That's all.

Further, with respect to the decimation of Native American populations AFTER 1776 (when at least there would be a US Government to blame), I think that history shows that disease accounted for far more deaths than any active warfare between the two sides.

I would not attempt to "excuse" any of the murdering regimes you mention. Nor would I forget them, lest we be doomed to repeat those experiences.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2001, 05:13:00 PM »
We could never catch up to Spain in numbers anyway, Cortez and company set the standard too high.

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2001, 05:28:00 PM »
So a company with long ago german ties built the monument.

What about the ole BUSH family ?

they made money from the nazis up until they were forced not to due to germany declaring war on the U.S.

Don't use bayer drug products....
Don't drive a german car....
The U.S. Space program's main scientists were the same guys who helped build the V2.
The U.S. military once employed and decorated Tim McVeigh.  

ban them all !!!!

:D

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: Snoopi ]

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2001, 03:31:00 PM »
Yup, disease killed a lot of Native Americans.  Hmm, where'd that disease come from?  Why did it spread to them?  It couldn't have been because the Europeans came to visit, could it?  Then later, our own USA "manifest destiny" policies, could it?  Point here is that the "white man" was still the cause, albeit indirectly, of the wiping out of the Native Americans.  Discounting the numbers game, the US military killed off a lot of civilians in WWII.  We don't play that blame game with our own military do we?  Some were accidents (we bombed the wrong thing, e.g.) and some were deliberate (Hiroshima and Nagasaki, e.g.)  

Now, I'm not comparing the US Military to Hitler's regime directly, but both were responsible for civilian deaths.  The reason one is still blamed is because one is "evil" and the other was acting to quell the "evil."

Yup, the US corrected ourselves with the slavery issue.  It only took a 5 year war that cost 100,000's of lives...  I guess since we were mainly killing ourselves, we absolved ourselves of blame?   ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Grayarea

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2001, 04:39:00 PM »
If you are interested in reading about war profiteering then you should read

IBM and the Holocaust

ISBN 0316857696 / 0316857718

Grayarea

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2001, 05:21:00 PM »
another gem is called "The Holocaust Industry" by Norman Finkelstein, Verso Books; ISBN: 1859847730

here is his website also: http://www.normanfinkelstein.com

Offline takeda

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2001, 06:09:00 PM »
Mmm seems smelly lazy Cortes couldn't do his homework as well as the mighty 7th cavalry:
50%+ of Bolivian population is native american
20%+ of Peruvian population is native american
50% of Guatemala's population is native american.
And the list goes on and on.
0.9% of U.S. citizens are native americans

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: takeda ]

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2001, 01:24:00 PM »
Population percentages aren't an accurate portrayal.  Central and South America were thriving empires (that no longer exist) prior to European exploration, rivaling any society at any time.  North America was populated by numerous small pockets of tribes.