Author Topic: 109F Movie  (Read 773 times)

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
109F Movie
« on: May 21, 2005, 11:52:45 AM »

Offline Paul

• Copper Member
      • http://fatesquad.com
109F Movie
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 01:31:46 PM »
I loved your idea for linking the end with the begining: making it fade to greyscale to impact on the ending; great job on that!

I also liked your choice of music, and I also liked how you slowed the film down a little to emphasize its relation with the music. Cool idea too!

The only thing I'm going to critique in a mildly-bad way is your shots of, basically, the story; not the story itself, wich was fine, but the actual shots.

1. You need to get CLOSE to the action. In other words, if your trying to shoot a plane down and you're firing your guns at him, get a tight camera-shot on the guns! If your shooting him and you blow one of his wings, get a tight camera-shot on his wing being ripped off! I didn't see much of any emphasis on major parts of a scene in your movie, with the exception of the begining and ending, so try to remember this tip: Emphasize the climax of your scenes; it makes your movie much better and interesting to viewers!

2. If the scene isn't full of much action, get different camera angles so your viewers don't get bored watching the same thing. While watching the building scenes in your movie, your main character flying around to the target, I noticed you didn't use very many camera angles. Although, from watching other scenes in your movie, it seems you already know the gist of this tip and probably just forgot to put it in play while in the dissaray of making the film.

These are just some basic tips to keep in mind during your next movie project. Remember that you dont always have to use these tips, or in other terms the "standard" in movies and stories, for your movies. If you have certain reasons, came up with something creative that you want to use instead of the "standard", and it would make the film more interesting, do it!

Anyways, good film there TrueKill! You had some good ideas in your film that I really liked and I'm certainly looking forward to your future movies! Good luck

-Paul

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
109F Movie
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 03:10:30 AM »
thanks for the tips:aok

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
109F Movie
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 03:31:31 PM »
Was a damn fine piece of work and i wouldn,t do anything different!

<<>>1HungLo:aok

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
109F Movie
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 03:45:02 PM »
paul be more like hung :D :lol

Offline Sp4de

• Silver Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/decommissisoned1/
109F Movie
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 03:49:16 PM »
alot of very far away shots. just not my style of movies.
Very good otherwise.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
109F Movie
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 03:52:14 PM »
yea thats as close as i can get. for some reason when i get closer the plane jumps back and forth.

Offline Sp4de

• Silver Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/decommissisoned1/
109F Movie
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 03:59:04 PM »
Their are alot of bugs in the film viewer. try to find away around them i found my way around alot of stuff. But now that im working ont he commercial and have everything storyboarded out. its almost impossible to get the shots i need. i can get them fine in game, in the film viewer is a completely different story. i tried using someone elses views from say.. a field gun but it either illegal operations me or doesnt let me view anyones views.  It is very difficult to make movies with it.

Offline Paul

• Copper Member
      • http://fatesquad.com
109F Movie
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 04:11:01 PM »
I try my best to mix replies with both opinions and commendations.

If I cant find anything I don't like about a film, my replies would wind up looking like Hung's.

:D  -Paul

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
109F Movie
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 06:10:48 PM »
Nice film. I think that film has made me want to hop in some LW planes.