Author Topic: What about the Philipenes?  (Read 594 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
What about the Philipenes?
« on: June 12, 2001, 01:41:00 PM »
Hey all,

I have seen several posts about troubles in other parts of the world but there is a recent development in the Philipenes <sp?>. A group of terrorists (if they take kidnap people and take hostages they are terrorists to me!) has gotteen a new group of victims. Two of them are reported to be American. Today's paper said this group has claimed to have beheaded one of the American hostages. This is not a new tactic for them.

What do you think we should do about these animals who conduct operations like this? I am not focused on this soley because Americans are involved here. This group abducts all nationalities in their "cause" activities.

Mav   :mad:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2001, 02:02:00 PM »
Let them figure it out for themselves. The US isn't the world's police. If you travel abroad, you have to realize you are a target to many and beware. I feel for the victims but don't think we as a nation can or should do squat about it. Sorry so cold.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2001, 02:06:00 PM »
I was just there.

Forget it, they have no life as we know it.

Oh, and it's "Philippines."

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: Creamo ]

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2001, 02:32:00 PM »
To the media the kidnapped people are of no consequence as they are right-wing religious zelots.   They call themselves missionaries.

Ya barely hear anything of their plight.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2001, 03:36:00 PM »
1776,   :rolleyes:

This Liberal(me)is well aware of their plight.  I don't consider it relevant that they are Missionaries.  I do consider it relevant that they are Americans.

BTW, the BBC is a good source of info on this.

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: Karnak ]
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-