Author Topic: Infantry fans? - Infiltration 2.85 released  (Read 675 times)

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
Infantry fans? - Infiltration 2.85 released
« on: March 13, 2001, 09:30:00 AM »
Don't know how many of you dabble in shooters, but the finest shooter I've ever seen, Infiltration, released version 2.85 on Monday.  

New release features bulk fatigue, breathing, new models and customizations, a new weapon, ONLINE CODE, and a new map pack.

If you don't know anything about it, this isn't a half-life type of game.  You need to aim your weapon using your sights, you can't run everywhere or you will get tired, and you can't get shot more than once and expect to live.

The catch? You need unreal tournament to play it.

Shoot on over to the Infiltration website to check it out.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2001, 10:24:00 AM »
Hey THANKS! Sounds like an awesome game

For you other infantry fans, there is WW2 Infantry combat game called CHAIN OF COMMAND at www.2am.com  

Its not very realistic and is quite laggy, but its free and fun most of the time. Good graphics, but real bad grenade modeling. Still worth an hour of your time to stress yourself  

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2001, 10:54:00 AM »
Sounds good.

I play Soldier of Fortune online, but try to find servers using the 'realistic' settings - i.e running makes you tired, and a couple of shots kills you.

I hate all that endless high speed circle strafing crap.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
Just tried it, its fun. You forgot to mention that you need UNREAL TOURNAMENT installed.

This is an UNREAL TOURNAMENT mod.

Had to reinstall that HD-hogging game..but hot damn its worth it! Now I can snipe even better muahahah.

I wonder if there is a WW2 mod for Unreal Tournament..anyone know?

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2001, 12:01:00 PM »

Originally posted by Tac:
Just tried it, its fun. You forgot to mention that you need UNREAL TOURNAMENT installed.

This is an UNREAL TOURNAMENT mod.

Had to reinstall that HD-hogging game..but hot damn its worth it! Now I can snipe even better muahahah.

I wonder if there is a WW2 mod for Unreal Tournament..anyone know?

Actually, I said "The catch? You need unreal tournament to play it."  But I can forgive your lack of attentiveness just this once...   <-the FIRST smiley I have ever used in my life.

As for a WW2 mod for UT, the only one I know of us Eastern Front, but it looks like crap.

The only decent WW2 mod is Day of Defeat for Half-Life, but it is pretty much the side strafing BS at the moment, though speed, etc. will be addressed in a later release, and you can't take much damage.

Infiltration is still king.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2001, 07:42:00 PM »
*bangs head against wall*

dammit I dinnae see that.  

Having loads of fun with that mod. No more bunny hopping or rocket machine gunning. that mod makes me remember my paintball tournaments!    

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2001, 12:18:00 PM »
I've been having fun too... only gripe is that when running, the player models really haul bellybutton - they look like they are cross country skiing because they step and slide.