Author Topic: Built it, and they did not come  (Read 5813 times)

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Built it, and they did not come
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 06:48:07 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
People didnt come because its not the MA, plain and simple and there is nothing HTC or the CT Staff can/could do about that.

SA2 is right, the CT doesnt need MA converts, although I think anyone and everyone from the MA should be welcomed and encouraged to come to the CT, not driven away. What the CT needs is a separate group, for whom the CT is their reason they play AH, not a temporary diversion to break the usual MA routine. Until that happens, like it was before AHII, nothing will make it better.

I enjoyed it , had fun ,  But I can only occasionally make the CT  due to the time of day down here unfortunately.

When I was in there folks seemed to be having fun. A week was probably long enough.
I come from a land downunder

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 08:55:12 PM »
Mind you, I thought Fighter Town was a great idea and I'm glad it was tried, my comment was more on the CT in general than Fighter Town in particular. There was nothing wrong with Fighter Town other than it wasnt the MA, and in that respect it had the same problem as the CT in general (thought the CT admittedly has other deeper issues).

Actually, I think the Fighter Town experiment clearly illustrates the fact the no matter what you run in the CT, you will not get significant numbers away from the MA, its just not gonna happen.

storch

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 09:42:01 PM »
Disrespectful

"4- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users and HTC. Flaming or abusing users is not tolerated. "
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 12:37:55 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2005, 10:07:10 PM »
:lol :rofl :lol :rofl :rofl

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2005, 12:10:04 AM »
I'd have been there but was out of town the whole week.

Came back and the gaming puter has a virus of the vundo tribe.

Haven't killed it yet. I may call in the pros now.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2005, 01:47:18 AM »
Originally posted by storch
Disrespectful

What a shock:eek:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 12:38:18 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2005, 01:49:18 AM »
We should ask HT put a marquee inside the tower screen. How's that for an advertisement? :D

Okay, that was a joke, but seriously, how about an advertising space inside the MA? Like, perhaps a large banner or bulletin board that sits nearby the runway, and the CM can type in his short, one sentence message.

So, everytime someone ups from a field, he'll be able to see it. It doesn't have to be messy or big, just a hard-to-miss type of big board that hands nearby certain fighter or buff hangar.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2005, 02:01:38 AM »
Annoying

Don't bring up that hoary old " it's the plane not the pilot"  chestnut again.    ;)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 12:39:05 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2005, 05:22:20 AM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
We should ask HT put a marquee inside the tower screen. How's that for an advertisement? :D

Okay, that was a joke, but seriously, how about an advertising space inside the MA? Like, perhaps a large banner or bulletin board that sits nearby the runway, and the CM can type in his short, one sentence message.

So, everytime someone ups from a field, he'll be able to see it. It doesn't have to be messy or big, just a hard-to-miss type of big board that hands nearby certain fighter or buff hangar.

or a couple of these flying above each base of under attack, like the drones do offline :)

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

storch

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2005, 08:49:44 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
Don't bring up that hoary old " it's the plane not the pilot"  chestnut again.    ;)

jump out of the spit V sometime, try the 190 A8 in the MA and then try it in the CT. :aok

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2005, 09:06:28 AM »
jump out of the spit V sometime, try the 190 A8 in the MA and then try it in the CT. :aok

I'm having a 38J tour , quite enjoying it actually, always regerded it as a strange POS , but am kind of liking it.

I honestly believe any difference you are feeling in the 190 is because you fly it differently in the MA vs CT. Anyone flying the 190 in MA pretty much cherrypicks and runs , and that's not a criticism , it's just a reality of the MA environment  where there are just so many better planes around , stopping to fight is way too dangerous for a plane like the FW. All the FW's are flown in there as hit and run/ BnZ.

But the CT environment is different , with limited plane sets , you can actually fly the 190 in a more historical fashion and be quite aggressive with it in an engagement. So  maybe you are flying it harder, taking more chances , and more importantly getting closer to the edge,  so are seeing more tendency to stall etc in the CT .  (assuming it's stall tendency etc you are talking about. )

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2005, 09:08:27 AM »

Link
Another link

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2005, 09:09:14 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
I'd have been there but was out of town the whole week.

Came back and the gaming puter has a virus of the vundo tribe.

Haven't killed it yet. I may call in the pros now.

free online virus scan...

http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2005, 09:09:47 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
But the CT environment is different , with limited plane sets , you can actually fly the 190 in a more historical fashion and be quite aggressive with it in an engagement. So  maybe you are flying it harder, taking more chances , and more importantly getting closer to the edge,  so are seeing more tendency to stall etc in the CT .  (assuming it's stall tendency etc you are talking about. )

Once again, Redd hit the nail on the head.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2005, 10:43:59 AM »
no redd didnt. i fly the same way in all arenas sept the DA. you know how i know that cuz im the one flying and it does seam that  109s and 190s stall a bit easyer in the CT then they do in the MA. just to say this again cuz yall seem to not get this it ur head i fly the CT MA the same and german planes stall easyer in the CT then they do in the MA.