Author Topic: Built it, and they did not come  (Read 5815 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Built it, and they did not come
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2005, 03:58:57 PM »
Well since we as staffers are all looked upon with contempt let me run and hide...Geez get off the high horse guys and tell us what you think the problem could possibly be!

When I have done a setup in the past the only thing I have touched that effected flight was the wind settings and I did that accidentally and changed it when Shane and others who were flying at ludicrous altitude (aka way the f*** up there) staying complaining about staying trimmed. After that I reworked the wind layers and have never touched them again.

So for those of you who don't believe anything and think its all an anti-aircraft conspiracy group in the CT believe what you want to. But there is no pork the axis aircraft setting we can fiddle fart around with to screw up how a specific aircraft flies in the CT versus the MA.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2005, 04:11:05 PM »
Originally posted by Reschke
When I have done a setup in the past the only thing I have touched that effected flight was the wind settings and I did that accidentally and changed it when Shane and others who were flying at ludicrous altitude (aka way the f*** up there) staying complaining about staying trimmed. After that I reworked the wind layers and have never touched them again.

Did you read my post?  Maybe you did not touch it.  Maybe it is right, now.  Maybe it was set differently by default or because some one esle touched it.  I am not making things up here.  I remember - I think it was Slash - talking about the stall setting.  The question is, is it related to what these guys reported or not.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2005, 04:13:50 PM »
Originally posted by Reschke
Well since we as staffers are all looked upon with contempt let me run and hide...Geez get off the high horse guys and tell us what you think the problem could possibly be!

So for those of you who don't believe anything and think its all an anti-aircraft conspiracy group in the CT believe what you want to. But there is no pork the axis aircraft setting we can fiddle fart around with to screw up how a specific aircraft flies in the CT versus the MA.

Don't take my post as a hit on staffers. It's not.
I think the number of people that think it's a conspiracy can be counted on one hand with room to spare. If it's some obscure setting that could cause it, that might be worth taking a look at. Personally when I fly the FW I know to expect stalls and spins. I havent flown it in MA .

I think the difference of arnea flying styles may have some merit in this arguement. I know if I have squaddies around and the numbers are even or I am on the side with the advantage I tend to manuver a lot harder. I know in the MA with any kind of plane being able to show up any second, I'd be a lot more conservative with my energy.  All I'm saying is if there is a minute possibility it could be a setting . It seems somebody could check it out, and put this hog in the pen.

This is the most traffic the CT Forum has had in a while , and instead of trying to get some positives going , we're shooting our own foot again.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2005, 04:18:10 PM »
StallLimitAoA

That is the setting.  It doe snot look like it could effect anything without  bug to go with it.  See if it is the same setting in the MA.  Just guessing here, so don't hurt me :)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2005, 04:42:14 PM »
Shifty and Dedalos I apologize if it seemed like I was getting on you. I was not responding to you guys although you both have brought up valid items to check. When I get home in a little while I will check those and see if there is something to it. I don't think it effects the flight model but rather individual settings when they enter the arena.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2005, 04:59:52 PM »
NP Reschke I just didnt want you getting the wrong idea. I wasn't slamming,, just asking. Text gets taken down the wrong path sometimes . It's always better when you can hear how the guy is saying what he's saying.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2005, 05:28:45 PM »
Originally posted by storch
Star of Africa, JG54 hasn't broken up.  most of us are waiting for for better leadership in CT staff.  it's no secret that almost to a man we hold the current CT staff with contempt.

oh darn:(

Get a life

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2005, 05:48:15 PM »
what ever happened to JG2? how long did that squad last one two week?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2005, 05:56:39 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
what ever happened to JG2? how long did that squad last one two week?

Wasnt keeping a log book. How long did you last on the CT Staff?

VWE

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2005, 06:18:20 PM »
Speaking of CT staff where has it been for the last 2 weeks, on vacation? The best thing you can do for the CT slash is stay away... when do we get to vote you and your cronies out? Its got to be coming up here soon... and you better learn to run cause that door is going to swing real hard on the way out.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2005, 06:30:21 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Wasnt keeping a log book. How long did you last on the CT Staff?

longer then that squad lasted

oh btw i did a better job in the 2 weeks i was a CM then u'v done since u'v been a CM

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2005, 06:35:07 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
no redd didnt. i fly the same way in all arenas sept the DA. you know how i know that cuz im the one flying and it does seam that  109s and 190s stall a bit easyer in the CT then they do in the MA. just to say this again cuz yall seem to not get this it ur head i fly the CT MA the same and german planes stall easyer in the CT then they do in the MA.

I believe them. I will tell you why.

I fly HTH a lot. I have hosted a lot too, over the years. Lately I've hosted more.

I know for a FACT that people in my room complain of BS spins and stalls all the time. I myself get them more. F*** if I know WHY, but there is something fubar about MY settings that OTHER hth hosts don't have set. I've asked around, and nobody knows what it is. As such certain people avoid my room entirely (which is a sad thing, because I know them and welcome them).

There is something, somewhere, be it setting, bug, incompatibility, or hardware issue, that DOES cause some people to stall out way more and much more easily than in other servers.

Now take that bug I have when I host my room (1 server) and think about the complaints on the CT (another server), it's a server related bug, I know it happens to me, so I totally believe there is something there.

Problem is that those in charge don't experience it, so they don't work to fix it and they don't believe you when you say it (calling it a placebo).

ADDENDUM: Note that this event, when it occurs, is UNINTENTIONAL, and not something I do to screw with the people that join my room. Keep that in mind if/when formulating any grudges against others you think might be culpable (hope I put that as nicely as possible).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 06:39:50 PM by Krusty »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2005, 06:43:57 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
Speaking of CT staff where has it been for the last 2 weeks, on vacation? The best thing you can do for the CT slash is stay away... when do we get to vote you and your cronies out? Its got to be coming up here soon... and you better learn to run cause that door is going to swing real hard on the way out.

Good lord you're sad. Pathetic really. You'll always have TK though.:aok

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2005, 06:52:58 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty

There is something, somewhere, be it setting, bug, incompatibility, or hardware issue, that DOES cause some people to stall out way more and much more easily than in other servers.

Now take that bug I have when I host my room (1 server) and think about the complaints on the CT (another server), it's a server related bug, I know it happens to me, so I totally believe there is something there.

My computer savy boils down to hit the E key to make airplane go now. So as far as server issues , I'm in the dark. First I've heard of this though. This is how this problem,,, if it does exsist will get solved though. Communication , not insults. Thanks Krusty.:aok

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2005, 08:37:23 PM »
Originally posted by VWE

You know what, VWE, why don't you e-mail Skuzzy?  So far as I'm concerned, you can have my position this evening.  I'm sure that Slash has other things he'd like to do as well, instead of sitting in front of his screen manually resetting all the bases in England, enabling different planes at each field, or some such task.  He might even be able to fly in the MA, where someone else takes care of those things.

- oldman