Author Topic: Built it, and they did not come  (Read 5868 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Built it, and they did not come
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2005, 09:14:47 AM »
Heh heh heh heh heh heh

Some things .....

Found me one helluva pub.

There I found one helluva redhead.

She found me too. :D

storch

« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Heh heh heh heh heh heh

Some things .....

Found me one helluva pub.

There I found one helluva redhead.

She found me too. :D

good for you!!!

storch

« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2005, 09:29:53 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
Check also if you're not too tired.
Each time I've this kind of trouble it's because I was overcontroling and I had more red than white in my eyes :D
(doesn't prevent me to fly I'm too dweeb to stop :p)

heh! sometimes but if I'm tired I log!! have you been in the CT much?

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2005, 10:11:33 AM »
The only time I've ever experienced anything like what has been mentioned is when I didn't recover correctly from a stall.  Or rather, when I thought I had, but I hadn't actually recovered yet.  It has happened a few times, usually when I hadn't been playing a while...  

I'd push the envelope a little to far, and my 190 would get really jittery, and the right wing would drop (i.e accelerated stall).  So, I'd counteract the drop with a little rudder, push the nose down, and consider myself "recovered".  Only problem was, even though it was stable, the next move I made of any kind would make the LEFT wing drop... it was wierd.  I would go back and forth dropping the wings alternately.  I never do manage to recover when that happens, I always plow into the ground.  

I couldn't tell you exactly how it happens, I only ever got it in the 190 and 109.  But then, I flew those two planes for the vast majority of my AH career, and I pushed them harder than I pushed any other plane.

I don't know what causes it, I don't know if it is even close to what other people have experienced... for me I think it was just an issue of being to hamhanded while trying to horse a plane that wasn't really designed for slow-speed knife-fighting into one.

VWE

« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2005, 10:32:37 AM »
Arlo will you never learn? Women are bad... say it with me. "women are bad... dogs are good".

And Storch have you bought a new computer yet... password protect it and give your old system to your son.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: May 31, 2005, 11:06:25 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin
The only time I've ever experienced anything like what has been mentioned is when I didn't recover correctly from a stall.  Or rather, when I thought I had, but I hadn't actually recovered yet.  It has happened a few times, usually when I hadn't been playing a while...  

I'd push the envelope a little to far, and my 190 would get really jittery, and the right wing would drop (i.e accelerated stall).  So, I'd counteract the drop with a little rudder, push the nose down, and consider myself "recovered".  Only problem was, even though it was stable, the next move I made of any kind would make the LEFT wing drop... it was wierd.  I would go back and forth dropping the wings alternately.  I never do manage to recover when that happens, I always plow into the ground.  

I couldn't tell you exactly how it happens, I only ever got it in the 190 and 109.  But then, I flew those two planes for the vast majority of my AH career, and I pushed them harder than I pushed any other plane.

I don't know what causes it, I don't know if it is even close to what other people have experienced... for me I think it was just an issue of being to hamhanded while trying to horse a plane that wasn't really designed for slow-speed knife-fighting into one.

That happens to me all the time in the DA and MA.  Spits and KI84.  Get them slow with the nose pointing down, pull the stick back at the wrong time, and then go all the way to the grownd staling left and right.  I think I recovered a couple of times from it by killing the engine.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

storch

« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2005, 11:27:01 AM »
Originally posted by VWE
Arlo will you never learn? Women are bad... say it with me. "women are bad... dogs are good".

And Storch have you bought a new computer yet... password protect it and give your old system to your son.

not all women are bad. mine has been better than I deserve. while she wasn't found in a bar who are we to judge where one finds companionship.  personally I preferred the supermarket for my past hunting exploits.  I'll probably break down and buy something this week.  and yes I'll give it bugs and all to my proliferately downloading son to deal with.  knowing his abilities it may be humming perfectly the day after I give it to him.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2005, 11:45:21 AM »
Ok ... technically I met her at a wedding then at the pub. And again at the pub. Oh ... then at a baseball game ... then at the pub. Then at a rock concert. Then at the pub again. Then at the lake. And then at the pub again.

Ok ... there's kind of a pattern but ... good thing is there's alot to do in the metroplex.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2005, 11:57:42 AM »
Originally posted by storch
heh! sometimes but if I'm tired I log!! have you been in the CT much?

I've not been the CT since a loooooonnng time but I have often the symptom you describe on Friday.
I'm sure a  daily stat will reveal an increase of my incompetence at the end of the work week.
I rememeber a friday when I was almost stalling in a goon when turning ... to bad it ended in a mountain I didn't see :D

VWE

« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2005, 11:58:48 AM »
So when do you get to go to her place... then back to your place... then to Whitecastle... then back to your place... then to the pub... then back to your place... then to her place?

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2005, 12:10:10 PM »
Originally posted by storch
in order to please eskimo let's open this can again.

in the FW190s and in the A6Ms on certain maps any control imput at any speed causes the right wing to dip and the plane to break in a harsh stall to the right.  it happens in no other arena, only the CT.  flame away.

Next time the map comes up, film it!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2005, 01:51:28 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
So when do you get to go to her place... then back to your place... then to Whitecastle... then back to your place... then to the pub... then back to your place... then to her place?

Well ... I've been to my place more than her place but to say more isn't my place.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2005, 03:15:28 PM »
Originally posted by VWE

ARLO!!! Did you not learn your lesson?!?

VWE is 100% correct, get a dog.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2005, 03:34:23 PM »
She comes with a dog. Well that certainly needs rephrasing.

storch

« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2005, 03:40:12 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
She comes with a dog. Well that certainly needs rephrasing.
:lol