Author Topic: It's official, I'm a writer....part 2  (Read 706 times)

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
It's official, I'm a writer....part 2
« on: November 27, 2000, 01:21:00 PM »
Instead of waiting for the gang at www.pcgameworld.com  to publish my article, I'm doing it. Right now you can read my complete article about Aces High:

Aces High Article

I've waited nearly a month and a half for them to publish it. Even sent them two reminders about it; nothing. So I'm gonna update it to reflect each version, bugs included. If HTC wants to link to it, I don't mind. Shots will be updated along with the article, around a week or two after each release. In short: once updating is done for bugs and such. This will give me plenty of time to try each version out, debug it, take shots, and get a few ideas.

I've also mentioned several people in this article. Verm, Zigrat, 10Bears; I've even got shots of Luzon 2 in there. Once I figure out custom captions for the full-size images, I'll put those in.

------------------------
Flakbait
Delta 6's Flight School
Whattaya mean I can't kill em? Why the hell not?!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2000, 01:55:00 PM »
Excellent work! <S>

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2000, 03:28:00 PM »
Yep. Good reading  

Gunthr
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2000, 09:13:00 AM »
Fades back...........ducks a tackle.........PUNTS!!!

-----------------------
Flakbait
Delta 6's Flight School
"During the Battle of Britain the question 'fighter or fighter-bomber?'
had been decided once and for all: The fighter can only be used as a bomb carrier
with lasting effect when sufficient air superiority has been won." Adolph Galland

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2000, 09:27:00 AM »
Flack,

Don't know how long you have been in the writing biz but you should at least let them know you have "published" it on the web.

If you never signed a contract with them and the article was not "officially" accepted you probably don't have to worry about it though.

Good luck!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2000, 09:40:00 AM »
Excellent article! Thanks for the morning reading!

That cracked me up good  

-Westy

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2000, 09:41:00 AM »
Toad, here's what I was told and the extent of the collective e-mail messages:

I sent them a simple note saying I'd like to write an article about AH. They responded a month later with the green light. Once it was done, about a week after I got the go-ahead, I sent them, Nate, Superfly, and Pyro a copy of the article. I was told it "will probably be published." After my first reminder message, I was told his boss lost quite a few projects when his system died. The guy in question is still waiting for his boss to publish an article HE wrote, 4 months ago.

No money changed hands, and there was never a promise of cash or payment of any kind. I sent them an e-mail this morning stating I had put my article up as a sub-section of my own site. What their response will be, I have no idea.

-----------------------
Flakbait
Delta 6's Flight School
had been decided once and for all: The fighter can only be used as a bomb carrier
with lasting effect when sufficient air superiority has been won." Adolph Galland

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2000, 01:27:00 PM »
You're OK then.

The thing to watch is if you have a verbal or written contract with them and they accept the article. It usually becomes their property when you receive the acceptance.

At that time they also owe you whatever they promised to pay. Of course, the less reputable will delay or or conveniently "forget" to pay you.  
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2000, 11:08:00 AM »
A recent message from the editor of www.radioactive.net.au  who is also the guy I've been e-mailing back and forth said he'll most likely have my article read on the air. Should happen this Saturday, or next, along with a copy getting posted on their site. I'm waiting for his reply to my go-ahead now. We'll see what happens.

-----------------------
Flakbait
Delta 6's Flight School