Author Topic: Feeding frenzy has begun  (Read 2420 times)

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
Feeding frenzy has begun
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2001, 07:18:00 PM »
There must have been pressure from somewhere to release it in it's current state.  I realize it's beta, but like others I haven't seen a beta this rough looking in a long time.  They couldn't even finish the propellors??

Anyways, I'm happy for WB players who have been waiting a long time for this.  I just hope they're not in for a big letdown.

bowser

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Feeding frenzy has begun
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2001, 07:30:00 PM »
WB3 is real promising methinks.....one thing for sure though: I was getting sort of burned out in AH and after some time in WB3 Ive found a new freashness and respect for what HTC has done.  Not a slam on WB3 at all, just has given me some new perpsective.

I hope HT can find a way to give us squadron skins and a painter for H2H and offline work.

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
Feeding frenzy has begun
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2001, 07:57:00 PM »
Udie:

Captured any "Flags" lately???

Thought so.

Cabby
Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

Offline Daff

• Copper Member
Feeding frenzy has begun
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2001, 09:05:00 PM »
After some fiddling around, I'm starting to suspect that the gunnery model *has* changed.
Dispertion seems larger and now, at last, every round is modelled...but also, the rounds seems to drop off more when pulling G's.

Daff

------------------
CO, 56th Fighter Group
 www.56thfightergroup.org
This is Yardstick, follow me"

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Feeding frenzy has begun
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2001, 10:14:00 PM »

Originally posted by cabby:
Udie:

Captured any "Flags" lately???

Thought so.

Cabby

Not sure what you mean, there aren't any flags in AH. I have been in on several land, air and sea base attacks and captures.

udie

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Feeding frenzy has begun
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2001, 07:17:00 AM »
Tis just Cabby talking out his blow hole Udie. You know that.

-Westy

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Feeding frenzy has begun
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2001, 07:40:00 AM »
I want to address the "flag" debate.

It seems to me that warfare, when broken down into its most basic form, is capture the flag.

When you play chess, your goal is to capture the opponents king, or flag if you will.

When you bash in your neighboring cavemans head and steal his woman, you have captured the flag.

When you kill an opponent in a plane you have captured the flag.

AH as well as WB will always have a flag to capture.  Thats warfare.

Cabby is one of these guys that is always talking about how much strategy is lacking in WBs as well as AH and I can see his point.  But honestly, what are you going to do?  

You are going to beat your opponent and thereby capture the flag.

End of debate.

Strategy, on the other hand, deserves its own thread.

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
Feeding frenzy has begun
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2001, 09:17:00 AM »

Originally posted by J_A_B:
...Graphics are modern, but need work.  Why do the planes look "squished"?  OTOH, if this issue is resolved WB3 will be top of the heap for graphics (at least until the next game comes out)...

The "squishing" seems very pronounced to me too. It like when movie credits/intros were squished horizontally to fit on tv screens, before they had letterbox. I really only notice it in external view, but it makes the planes look very short and fat, epecially the f6f.

Interestingly, AH is just the opposite. It expands the hoizontal image (or squishes the vertical) but I never noticed it untill I actually measured on-screen plane dimentions.