Author Topic: WBIII Beta is out!  (Read 5252 times)

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
WBIII Beta is out!
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2001, 11:14:00 AM »
These mini pseudo-flamewars between AH and WB's are a good reason as to why saying negative things about a game on its own forumn should be avoided when possible.  It just creates hard feelings.

J_A_B

funked

WBIII Beta is out!
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2001, 08:25:00 PM »
OK Fjoder you are making more sense now, <S>!

Offline Fate

• Zinc Member
WBIII Beta is out!
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2001, 12:16:00 AM »
This is my first post on an AH board and was prompted by Ripsnort's postings on the AGW board.  And then coming over here and reading some threads.

That shot of Spitboy's of the b25 was taken on a Mac.  As a Mac user I am very pumped with this release.

I would kinda agree with MrSid's comments about dealing with the Mac's vagarities slowing developement, but WBIII has captured 10% of the gaming market right there.  In any business, 10% is nothing to sneeze about especially in a highly competetive environment like this one.

I would love to give AH a shot, I'm not bound by any loyalty to one developer, but it doesn't sound as if that's going to happen.

Macs are starting to come on as a gaming platform (GeForce 3 for example) but are probably going to keep lagging a bit behind because of market share.  We all have high hopes with the Unix based OSX, but the bottom line is we're not going away (crosses fingers) and will remain an alternative to the windows people.

I really, really, really don't want this to degenerate into a platform war, but I did want to point out that we're out there, and we'll play and put our dollars to whatever we have available.

Fate

ps:  Hotseat is a bit of a dickhead, but he does do what he's says he'll do and altho he pissed me off with many mac comments, he generally speaks the truth.

Fear and loathing in a one vendor world.