Author Topic: Additional feature: friendly dot ID  (Read 128 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Additional feature: friendly dot ID
« on: May 28, 2005, 12:27:26 PM »
At times, I'll up from a base and want to ask a friendly, out of vox range, something about his situation. For example, the base may be flashing, and I don't know if he's being pursued or if the contact is somewhere else. Or, he may be over a town and I want to know if he needs more ordinance support, or if he's ready for a goon. Most times, generic country channel statements get missed -- so "is 43 ready for the goon" or "rook near 53, are you hot?" usually go unanswered because the rook is occupied. Even when the range list is populated, beyond 5k sight we dont know whoch name goes to which dot.

So I'd suggest that the map info programming be expanded. Right now, we can get info about a base's condition by accessing the pull down menu after right click.

Would it be possible to do the same thing with friendly cons? The server knows which player is represented by each dot, and the roster allows each player to be accessed by tuning -- so why not allow a right click over the dot to bring up menus that allow us to tune to the unknown player?

Thanks for the consideration

Simaril
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad