Author Topic: CT's OPEN: Setup - Time of Aces  (Read 2164 times)

Offline wonton

• Zinc Member
CT's OPEN: Setup - Time of Aces
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2005, 04:02:08 PM »
Suave, there is a difference between milkrunning/landgrabbing and squad operations. It being disabled now is the result of a few bad apples spoiling the bunch. Not sure who the apples are but don't get angry and humble and eagler over it, they're not trying to call you out, I don't think.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2005, 04:25:40 PM »
Originally posted by Suave
How many months has base capture been disabled to keep us ghastly landgrabbing gangbangers and squads out of your time of aces arena?

This is a rare occasion when base capture is disabled, but IMO it should happen more often. The ONLY time base capture should be on is when the setup is specifically about an air action that supported specific land action. D-Day and the PAC landings are examples. It is totally absurd that base capture is on for BoB '40. It shouldnt be on for most of the PAC setups or the Channel front setups until D-Day either. It probably should be on for most all Eastern Front sets and Western Front sets after D-Day, and N. Africa.

The CT is not dead because base capture is off, its dead becasue of the bad atmosphere that developed because of the players actions.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2005, 04:33:09 PM »
how can you do BoB '40 without bombers ?

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2005, 04:41:55 PM »
What do bombers have to do with base capture being on or off? You should be able to bomb London back to the stone age, but not capture Dover.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2005, 04:44:05 PM »
How many months has base capture been disabled to keep us ghastly landgrabbing gangbangers and squads out of your time of aces arena?

Iwouldnt know, once the mud movers took over I simply moved on....with 90% of the rest of the CT....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2005, 04:44:09 PM »
Suave.

CT has been going through a coma for a few weeks now. It's starting to show a pulse again. I know things like no base capture , may be a turn off this week. Fly anyway if at all possible. If we can get participation , and numbers up. Maybe the CT staff can start running more scenarios where the base capture is a viable option.

Theres all kinds of things to complain about right now I know, but lets work with the CT staff and try to get this place on it's feet again.  Sooner or later theres always a setup ya love.I hope to see you in the CT flying this week.:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2005, 04:51:26 PM »
Originally posted by wonton
Suave, there is a difference between milkrunning/landgrabbing and squad operations. It being disabled now is the result of a few bad apples spoiling the bunch. Not sure who the apples are but don't get angry and humble and eagler over it, they're not trying to call you out, I don't think.

Not at all, I'm simply trying to answer his question. The real issue is what the CT is supposed to be. As I've stated before IMO it went south once thew checkertails arrived (not throwing rocks but calling it how I see it). They were the 1st I recall to actually run "squad op's" in the CT. Basically it started the "down hill tumble". I actually wrote multiple threads warning this would happen back then. Truthfully there is no place in the CT for "capture" anymore than there is in the SEA TOD events. If you want to run bombers to pork bases or simulate "BOB" thats great...but you cant "capture" turf with a couple of JU-52's. Realistically the CT is a "tactical" air arena using historic planesets. Once you introduce the MA mentality you no longer have the CT...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2005, 04:52:10 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
What do bombers have to do with base capture being on or off? You should be able to bomb London back to the stone age, but not capture Dover.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2005, 04:54:30 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
that is what it is to me too

Dont even know if you remember that episiode Eagler...think it was right before I "quite" for the 5th or 6th time:). Was such a huge contrast from the MA (still a garbage dump IMO) it stuck with me...really showed me how much I missed the "good ol days").....

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2005, 05:09:59 PM »
Sauve,

I really dont think "planeset" is the issue. You can kill any plane in the set with any other plane in the set. Historically what the CT gave was the "knights of the sky" mentality that was prevelent in AW (dont know about WB's). I can recall circling for 5 minutes or longer while a 1 on 1 unfolded below...no one ever was the "fourth plane" in...if I a guy was 1 on 3 it played out till he went in or got all 3. I always gave a 5k up and let the other guy call the fight once he was trimmed out. Basically the CT was a continuation of the old FR arena in AW (IMO). It was the "code of conduct" that made it what it was. The moment it got polluted by the "new culture" of AH it went south....again just my 2 cents.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2005, 05:11:35 PM »
Actually BoB with base capture on was a blast, so was channel front, so was finland, and libya.

Anybody carrying bombs with base capture off is just a porker. And we know what porkers do to fun.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2005, 05:25:02 PM »
I don't really care about pretensions of chivalry, and I don't type any insipid after I kill. In fact I try to minimize comunication with the enemy element. I used to squelch chan 1 to prevent fraternization, unless I was employing psychological warfare. I'm happy as long as they stand and fight and can't run away from me like so many MA piggy51s and Lgay7s. What's important to me is that if I'm allies, I'm killing axis planes of contermorary model, and vice versa if I'm flying axis. I don't go to the CT expecting or wanting mercy and duels. I do miss the mission planning, and coordinated strikes. And I hated big pork FR, that's where alot of the trailer park smack talkers that are in the MA came from. I stuck mostly to axis/allies arena.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2005, 05:48:27 PM »
hehe....

Obviously you and I are from opposite sides of the track:)...

Nobody in AH is my "enemy" and I could care less about "babblespeak"...but I'll always recognize and acknowledge skill when I see it. As for the lala's and ponies...who cares. sounds like you'd prefer a "historically correct" gangbang over a good rumble. If you want to know why the CT "died"...just go look in the mirror:)....

*added at edit*

BTW its not a "pretense of chivalry"....
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 05:57:54 PM by humble »

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2005, 05:56:47 PM »
Whatever humble. I just don't see how having base capture on prevents you, eagler and the rest of the knights of the sky from fighting eachother. But it must be a huge interference since you're so averse to compromise.

Now are you going to passive aggressively label me with more of your video game euphamisms ?

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2005, 06:17:11 PM »
Whatever humble. I just don't see how having base capture on prevents you, eagler and the rest of the knights of the sky from fighting eachother. But it must be a huge interference since you're so averse to compromise.

Now are you going to passive aggressively label me with more of your video game euphamisms ?

Not labeling you in anyway...your labeling me. I never did anything except try and answer your question about "what happened". You simply dont want accept the reality that your "style" of gameplay generated the current situation in the CT....

To guys like me the "side" isnt relevent to the outcome. I'm looking for a challenge. Running an "op" or a "coordinated strike" is just so much dribble. I just want me and someone else (or a few someone elses)...I dont care what he's in or how much alt he has...he still needs to do the work. He can be in a lala or pony or whatever. I'll fly a ki-61 p40b or snoopy's doghouse....I just dont want 8 dweebs in Jugs blowing him (or me) out of the air 10 seconds before the endgame because they're "sanitizing the area". Or porking one sides Fighter hangers in the name of digital dirt obtainment. You have 400+ mostly clueless dolts doing that in the MA everyday....go play in that sandbox.