Author Topic: Windows service pack 2 error  (Read 203 times)

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Windows service pack 2 error
« on: June 06, 2005, 03:46:57 PM »
Um when i try to load up my computer with windows service pack 2 it would just hault at the loading screen. I left it there for hours! I finnaly did a system restore point, and im going to stay with service pack 1. Untill sp2 bugs get worked out. Anybody else ever have this problem?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 04:14:54 PM »
None.

And you do not have a lot of time left.  MS will stop supporting pre-SP2 XP operating systems soon (i.e. no more updates).
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 05:38:56 PM »
So what shall i do im back with windows sp1. Should I install SP2 again?

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 11:52:11 PM »
I would try to install again.  Sounds like you maybe lost your connection during the install and it didnt go back to the installation?  At any rate, there are some important security updates in SP2 you should have.  Plus, as Skuzzy said, soon they wont support any release of XP that hasnt updated.

As for the bug thing, I seriously doubt its a bug specific to your computer.  SP2 has been out for quite some time.  It may require that you update some drivers or something, but it won't be "incompatible".

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 12:10:13 PM »
Download the full administrators install. It's 272 MB but you will not have the problems with losing your connection while downloading it.

Also stop any unnecessary programs from runnnign wh ile you apply the service pack.

Only issue I have ever seen with SP2 is some BIOS's have incorrect COAD that deals with Prescott processors and you need to apply a BIOS update prior to installing SP2.