Author Topic: Invisitank at botom of SB  (Read 854 times)

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
Invisitank at botom of SB
« on: June 09, 2005, 04:51:50 AM »
I have seen this befor about a month ago people take their tank to the bottom of the shore battery and sink into the ground and become almost invisible and tonight I saw Ibeam take unfair advantage of this bug and have vidio of this and other sqad mates saw RTmoose doing the same thing.  

Please fix this so we can see people sitting by the SB and at least be able to shoot back at them.

If you want to see the vid give me an email address and I will send it promptly.
    Thank you.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 05:54:03 PM »
Flying as a Knight the shore battery problem  was witnessed. I could see the rounds go out but no tank, no icon. Guys on the ground reported they could not see it either. However I did hear a person say as the friendlies advanced,  they also disappeared from the observers view.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 09:53:30 PM »
ah the invisable tank hehehe baltic map saturday night i think tank was under a bridge... no one could see him me and another player drove to the bridge and we couldent see him and his shots came from no where and killed us.

and yea he was there cause we could see his turet fire but not his tank:confused:

FIX IT!!!!!
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline StDevil

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 11:00:10 PM »
You can kill these people but not using GV's.  I killed cessnard when he was doing the same thing by dropping a bomb on him.  You could see exactly where he was but you had to be directly over him.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 11:44:10 AM »
I witnessed the very same incident Flayed is talking about. They were mad we were about to overrun the base in gv's and started using the bug to their advantage. I went back in a heavy 38 and could only see the outbound rounds but not the gv from the air.

This is not the first time RTmoose has "used" a terrain bug. He did the exact same thing with a terrain bug in a panzer in town to kill m3's on a different map several months ago. That incident was also reported by e-mail with film. Why are people that use bugs repeatedly allowed to do it?

Flayed, send the film to Skuzzy by using the "contact us" link on the bottom of this page.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline RTmoose

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 12:15:41 AM »
someone else saw.....  I had a film.....come on now the fact is there is no film and no one saw anything. I was not parked under the shore bat I was in the shore bat. I have found a number of places on some maps where the shore bat can range the field the town or the spawn points.I have never knowingly parked in some spot that rendered me invisable.so those 15 kills i got on you flayed1 where fair und square.:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 01:31:20 AM by RTmoose »

Offline bullz

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 12:22:16 AM »
if u are having a problem seeign a gv..it usually isnot the drivers fault..its the terrain some thing over lap and u just cant see them ..weather or not u have film ..it dont matter its a flaw in the game nothing can be done about it ..i have numerous times seen tanks inside bomb craters that are impossible to hit..or inside the old mound that the tower used to sit on before  the bases were redone ..nothing can be done or will be dont with it..so just live with it..were all playing the same game ..umake it sound like a crime
''KISS MY HAVOC''   
 ''U.S.M.C RACING''

Check6..A20 on you

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 06:00:38 AM »
Well RT if you were in the SB i'm sorry for implicating you in this, I mentiond your name because my squadmate said he saw you doing this. But I have vidio of Eyebeam doing it. But the fact remains that I and Others have seen people useing this flaw/bug to their advantage and bullz I have seen people deliberatly back up to a SB and drive right into a bomb crater to hide themselves maybe not all do it but some do and they should be classifed as cheaters.  
   Oooooo I said it ...... But this is a bug report forum and his is a bug.

Offline bullz

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 01:10:13 PM »
flayed how do u know he was backing up into the crater on purpose?????? what if he was just trying to make u  miss your drop by reversing.. either way hideing in the crater or not ..nothing can be done and i wouldent classify him as a cheater  he's done nothing that anyone else couldent of done..all playing the same game..so until this crater ''bug'' is fixed stop complaning
''KISS MY HAVOC''   
 ''U.S.M.C RACING''

Check6..A20 on you

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 04:27:42 AM »
Well first of all who said anything about me haveing any bombs.  And the guy backing up wes backing up to a SB. The guy driving to the center of a bomb crater and stoping there was the same guy we had just killed and you can see bomb cratrs from your tank, If you know about this bug you then can exploit it/them.
    I'm just posting this to make shure HT knows about them in hopes that they will be fixed in future versions of AH2.
  I have seen this multiple times from the same people and that is enough to convince me that they are taking advantage of it.
   As I said this is the bug forum I am simlpy posting a bug. I don't know why you sound so defensive about it . Unless..........

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 02:44:13 PM »
I for one will do it on purpose, the whole point in being in a tank is to hide it and pick your shots so the enemy doesn't know where you are. If I can back up to a tree or go in a crater or backup to the sb i'll do it everytime... thats kinda like griping about alt moonkeys

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 03:51:28 AM »
I don't care if you hide your tank. Its the manner in how it is being done. The SB and bomb crater issue is tanks driving under or through the ground so to speek.
  So unless you have a large dimond bit stuck onto your tank I would call this a bug exploit. :rolleyes:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 03:52:43 PM »
Please send us a film.  We are having difficulty reproducing this.

It would be really nice if the film showed what is done to get into that position.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005, 04:09:54 PM »
of coarse a lot of times I try and do it, it doesn't work I get spotted and egged... I think maybe it only works at certain times at certain bases... next time i hide in a crater or backup to an sb i'll film it and see if that helps to correct the problem... I know allot of times I have heard ppl griping about invisible tanks, and they are actually under a bridge... and some ppl aren't even aware there are bridges becuase of there video settings they cant see em until there right over it...

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2005, 07:03:19 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Please send us a film.  We are having difficulty reproducing this.

It would be really nice if the film showed what is done to get into that position.

I've seen the tank "under" the shore battery, but it looks like a z-bias issue, or something funky with where the shapes intersect. Same thing with the craters in the pictures below. The craters draw through gvs and dead buildings. Not sure if it's specific to ATI or not. I've got ATI and I see it... err dont see it :)

« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 07:05:29 AM by Waffle »