Author Topic: FS2002  (Read 790 times)

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
FS2002
« on: November 25, 2001, 09:56:00 AM »
click here for pic directory

This is nice , what 2000 "should" have been .

Anyone else buy this ?
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
FS2002
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2001, 11:49:00 AM »
yup

Offline Chaos68

• Silver Member
      • http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/
FS2002
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2001, 11:51:00 AM »
whats the point of flying mf2002 when no one is shooting at you.

I could never get into those flight games where you just fly from one airport to another.

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
FS2002
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2001, 02:11:00 PM »
I would say I have spent at least a 1/4 if not a 1/3 of my AH flying time offline playing with the flight models.

Air combat certainly generates more adrenaline, but I also enjoy just testing the differences between various aircraft and refining my flying skills in my favorite types. For me, aerobatic flying when combined with multiplayer formation flying is about equal to aircombat. I have spent a few nights in HtH doing such with other pilots.

Does FS2002 allow multiplayer online flying? The variety of aircraft and good graphics are wasted if you can't fly with other people. When the price comes down, I might actually get a copy. Does anyone know if it works ok with the Voodoo 5500? WBIII and X-planes use DX8 features that cause problems with the Voodoo.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
FS2002
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2001, 05:00:00 PM »
Yes you can host multiplayer online flying , plus you can meet others on the zone , www.zone.com  .

It says on my box that it wants a video card that's Directx 8.0a API compatible  .

I don't know anymore than that .

whats the point of flying mf2002 when no one is shooting at you

Well you can learn how to do more than just shoot someone   :) , there's ATC , Flight insturctor's , IFR training , etc .

I ain't selling this , just this one is good compared to the POS that FS2000 was , it plays smooth , I get a good feeling of flight that I didn't from before .

AH is still the one to fly online IMO . This just fills a in some blanks .

take care
spro

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
FS2002
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2001, 09:45:00 PM »
Best part of MSFS IMO is doing circuits.  I did this while doing some training IRL and it helps to practise your circuit drills etc.

If MS2002 has a decent flight model (as opposed to the shoddy last couple of versions) I might give it a go.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
FS2002
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2001, 12:50:00 AM »
Yeah, I was going to ask if the flight model had been improved over fs2000 and I noticed that you were flying a glider in the pic.  Is the glider model good?  Are there descent thermals modeld, ridge lift etc?

I thought about picking it up but I always feel suckered by all their previous versions.  I can't believe that MS can't do better than that with all their resources.

Wab

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
FS2002
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2001, 06:55:00 AM »
Ordered together with IL2 - waiting for Amazon to ship both when they get IL2 in.

whats the point of flying mf2002 when no one is shooting at you.
I could never get into those flight games where you just fly from one airport to another.
No point unless you do real life flying in small aircraft :) If you fly in RL it's a great help in working on IFR, helps to get used to different planes instrument panels ("... where's the darn strob switch???...") etc.

I can't see the point of flying MSFS from Heathrow to Paris (in real time too!  :rolleyes: ) either but when I go in my CT to Edinburgh next year it's not going to be "oh toejam, what's the runways layout again???" :D

Offline Daff

• Copper Member
FS2002
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2001, 07:43:00 AM »
I used FS2000 a fair bit for my flying training. Not so much the flying itself, but all the procedures and FS2000 was just about good enough for VFR nav. I flew my qualifying X-country twice before actually flying the real thing  :).

Daff

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
FS2002
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2001, 12:11:00 PM »
fs2002 good for procedures and stuff like that. good ifr practice too.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
FS2002
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2001, 04:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKWabbit:
Yeah, I was going to ask if the flight model had been improved over fs2000 and I noticed that you were flying a glider in the pic.  Is the glider model good?  Are there descent thermals modeld, ridge lift etc?

The pic is of Patty's Extra 300 , you just can't see the prop like u can in the game . I was in the virtual cockpit , zoom back as far as it would go .

I tryed landing in the water too , watching from the back , when the tail wheel hit the spray started then when the wheels hit she fliped and sank with one wing tip showing . Pretty cool .

Havn't flown the glider yet , yep u are sure right , before it wasn't that good , looked ok (the game) but didn't work that good .

So far this one works much better (the game).

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
FS2002
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2001, 10:53:00 AM »
I might give it a go.  MSFS2000 didn't like my machine at all.  It wouldn't install properly so I never really got to play it.  However, I now think it was due to my CD-ROM going bad.  I didn't diagnose the problem until later when it happened again with Baldur's Gate II.

Oh, heard this from other people... Microsoft has a lot of resources, but they tend to hire programmers that do not have a lot of experience and formal training.  As such, they don't pay them well and that probably has something to do with the quality of their software products.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.