Author Topic: Can You See The Strings?  (Read 636 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Can You See The Strings?
« on: November 26, 2001, 08:05:00 PM »
George W Bush..One minute he's anouncing and effective strategy against the forces of terrorism,the next breath he's denouncing cloning of cells...Nary a transition of thinking before he speaks,or logic..Great at reading a teleprompter though...And I used to think Reagan was the best Puppet Pres of all time!..There has to be better than this in times of crisis!!!!!!!!!!
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Can You See The Strings?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2001, 08:45:00 PM »
so i guess i'm missing what one has to do with the other or why you think they are contrary views?

i just don't get your criticism exactly.

(disclaimer: for the record i'm all for human cloning - i think we should clone to our hearts content and stop letting religious nonsense make our minds up for us. i'm also all for whacking terrorist or antyhing like a terrorist, offer void where prohibited by law, not available in tennessee, see your retailer for details)

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Can You See The Strings?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2001, 08:53:00 PM »
I'm all for cloning. If they can grow me some spare parts, that would be great, because I know I'm going to need them. Terrorists should be either killed or sterilized; maybe sterilized, then killed.

I'm sure G.W. can't hold a flame to all the great heroic leaders of Canada, eh?

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Raubvogel ]

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
Can You See The Strings?
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2001, 10:13:00 PM »
To paraphrase, he said that it is not a good thing to create life just to destroy it.  The bio-company wants to just raise the cloned fetuses enough to harvest stem cells.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Can You See The Strings?
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2001, 07:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by Raubvogel:
I'm sure G.W. can't hold a flame to all the great heroic leaders of Canada, eh?
[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Raubvogel ]

Doesn't even come close.

:)

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: Thrawn ]

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Can You See The Strings?
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2001, 07:52:00 AM »
sirlion, you sir seem to support my argument against cloning with this post alone ... thx
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Can You See The Strings?
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2001, 09:40:00 AM »
Considering how much success the establishment historically had with controlling/preventing crossbow, nuclear weapons, extramarital sex, alcohol and mind-altering drug consumption, practice of loaning money, Copernicus system in astronomy, etc. we might as well save our breath and get prepared to live in the world with clones.

miko

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Can You See The Strings?
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2001, 09:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by SirLoin:
George W Bush..One minute he's anouncing and effective strategy against the forces of terrorism,the next breath he's denouncing cloning of cells...
American life did not stop while the war with terrorism is going on. The research company came up with the announcement. What would be a good time to issue a statement about it? In 50 years? What do you think has greater bearing on the future - the destruction of another terrorist group or cloning? Terrorism was with us for thousands of years and is not going away. Cloning may and will have enourmous implication - moral, legal, medical, economical, religious, etc.

Nary a transition of thinking before he speaks,or logic...
 His logic may be too complicated for you to follow but we all knew that we were electing a religious christian president who was at the same time a governer in a state with highest execution rate.
 I could have recited his views on cloning five years ago - there is no way for him to support it.
 I could have recited his views on dealing with terrorists five years ago too - go in and kill them all.
 There is nothing new or inconsistent in any of his actions/statements.

Great at reading a teleprompter though...And I used to think Reagan was the best Puppet Pres of all time! There has to be better than this in times of crisis!!!!!!!!!!
 Besides being a lot of unsubstantiated crap, I have not seen anyone using so many exclamations even on the day we were attacked here.
 Now the tragic event is two months in the past, the taliban is being mopped-up with nary a casualty on our side. You are living in Toronto and think our greatest presidents complete idiots and us even worse for electing them, so where is that "crisis!!!!!!!!!!" for you?
 I would expect you to be gloating over our troubles, not urging us to rational action.

miko