Author Topic: X45 Stickmap  (Read 501 times)

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
X45 Stickmap
« on: June 13, 2005, 12:38:18 PM »
Hi guys
Does anyone have a stickmap for the above that includes flaps and wep etc? I an not the greatest at stickmaps and if anyone has one to hand then I'd be grateful !
Cheers
Big G

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X45 Stickmap
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 01:00:45 PM »
AH X45 profile

this is setup to use peds as rudder but can be put back on the rocker easy enough

gl
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
X45 Stickmap
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 05:33:42 PM »
Ty sir!

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
X45 Stickmap
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 10:34:27 AM »
Where does that .dat file go?
I don't see any others like it anywhere in the HTC folders.
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X45 Stickmap
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 01:02:55 PM »
it goes under the Saitek directory under your C:\Programs dir

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
X45 Stickmap
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 01:31:30 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
it goes under the Saitek directory under your C:\Programs dir

Ahh... thank you sir!:aok
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
X45 Stickmap
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 07:48:36 PM »
Eagler, I would like to get the two rotary dials to work as rudder and elevator trim, but can't seem to get them to work.  I go to the select joystick menu and choose the x45.  Then I match the Dial input with the rudder trim and select, then do the same for the elevator trim and X rotary (I think) input.  Having matched these two inputs with the functions I want, I go to the game, and turn off combat trim and start using the dials, but neither seems to work at all.  Am I missing something?  do I need the profile you have identified here?  Both inputs seem to be operating fine while in the select joystick screen (the input values change when I operate the dials).  Is trim the best use for these dials anyway?  Or do you use them for something else?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X45 Stickmap
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 10:06:35 PM »
TracerX
AH settings will over ride any setting you have in a Saitek profile.
Here are my AH enabled trims:
Small forefinger rotor for yaw trim, rotary2
Large thumb rotor for pitch trim, rotary1
and I use a Saitek profile with the throttle rocker rudder banded into 3 bands for the aileron trim. Between the pitch trim and the aileron trim I don't have to trim the rudder. Rudder trim used to work very well but now is to sensitive for me to mess with, ball wants to drift everywhere.

The way to set the trims in AH is to choose the trim in the left window, then the proper rotor in the right window then "set input" and then "apply".
After you set them, you have to go into jstick calibration and calibrate the rotor through its complete movements as it is an axis to AH just like your stick and peds.
I have found that the band works better for me than the ah trims for aileron trim as the rocker rudder self-centers back to off position and is easier to be more precise when you band the dead middle band small enough so very small moves from center activate movement of trim.
hope that helps
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 07:07:53 AM by Eagler »

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
X45 Stickmap
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 12:38:10 PM »
Hi Eagler
At the risk of exposing myself as useless at stickmaping here....

I have tried to move the rudders from pedals to the controls on the thorttle, could you give me the sequence I have to do in order to achieve this ?
Thanks in advance !
big G

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X45 Stickmap
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 01:52:08 PM »
I assume you are using my profile which is setup for pedals and has the throttle rudder rocker set up as aileron trim...
either way, I think all you have to do if go into AH jstick setup, choose rudder in the left window, pick the throttle rocker in the right window (squeeze it and watch for the numbers to change to make sure you have the right input) then "set input" and "apply"
go into jstick calibration and calibrate the rudder by going all the way left and right with it, along with all your other axis and apply when done
ah settings will override any saitek programming you have going in an AH profile

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
X45 Stickmap
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 10:55:58 AM »
Hey, I got it to work Eagler.  I renamed my Stick.cfg file in the Settings directory, then setup the trim tabs and calibrated after restarting AH, and the dials work now.  I had to select reverse axis, but now the control is very nice.  My input is "X Rotary" for aleron (Finger) and "Dial" for Pitch (Thumb).  I will have to live without rudder trim for a while, is it used as much as aleron trim, or is rudder trim used more?  I thought the alerons would pretty much be neutral most of the time, but my first flight convinced me to have the roll axis trimmable rather than Yaw.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X45 Stickmap
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 01:15:25 PM »
yes I use aileron trim all the time now and do not bother with rudder trim. it used to be the other way around but something has gotten rudder trim all squirrely for me as it is hard to keep the ball centered anymore - could be why my gunnery seems all but crap unless under 200