Author Topic: O'club  (Read 11434 times)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
O'club
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2005, 12:34:20 AM »
Monday, Monday.....can't trust that day.

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freebirdshome.us
O'club
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2005, 12:46:49 AM »
I never posted there very much, but I enjoyed watching others be goofy :D  

To me, it was a fun time to visit the O Club. Like some others have suggested, just place a disclaimer as you enter and let whatever fly!! :) The OC is like 200, you dont have to go there if you don't like whats being said. Gonna miss it.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
O'club
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2005, 12:49:45 AM »
I'll miss the O'Club.  I'll miss it more than most.  I'll miss the laughs, etc.  Some know why it was closed and in what particular thread.   They chose to be selfish and post inflammatory remarks, and ruining it for everyone else.  Someone even reneged on the reason he posted "was to seem like billy bad ***".    Now look at some of you?  :rofl    I saw this coming months ago.  

Oh well, I'm sorry for posting what HAD to be posted in "The Thread".  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
O'club
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2005, 12:54:48 AM »
Y'all think YOU feel bad?

How would you feel if, throughout 5+ years and who knows how many posts there, your very last post, evar, turns out to be: "Lazs wins."

I tell ya, someone upstairs has a sick sense of humor!

:D

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
O'club
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2005, 12:57:45 AM »
If HTC can't take the risk of keeping the OC under a lawyerese clause of liability, they could link to chk6, if chk6 doesn't mind taking charge of it.  That way regulars (i.e. non-addicts) and less regulars aren't lost.

Only reason I can agree with is it being work for nothing on Skuzzy's part.
It'll be a shame if the threads aren't saved or given to Chk6 for open archiving.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
O'club
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2005, 01:01:00 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
Y'all think YOU feel bad?

How would you feel if, throughout 5+ years and who knows how many posts there, your very last post, evar, turns out to be: "Lazs wins."

I tell ya, someone upstairs has a sick sense of humor!

:D

Ripsnort won the "Post Whoring Title".

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
O'club
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2005, 01:03:56 AM »
Originally posted by Stringer
I met MT and Saw through the O'Club.  For those two events alone the O'Club should be closed!

So... is it true what they say about MT? :D

You had all better get used to seeing these now:

Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2005, 01:14:45 AM »
LOL...WOW...8 closed topics on page one about the O'Club. That's got to be a record....LOL...I didn't visit it much so it won't effect me. To me you guys just need to open a new O'Club on a different site. Seen several guys offering it. Checksix.net and a couple others. Problem solved IMO. i am sure someone that doesn't agree with HT on his decision will have some arguement about going elsewhere and that's OK. But sitting here getting all bent over something the managment has decided on, probably won't change it. If I used it alot I probably would be a little upset, but there are different options out there you all can utilize. Well hope you all get yourselves an O'Club somewhere. Good Luck!!
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2005, 01:23:49 AM »
Bring Back the O

(please)
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2005, 01:32:44 AM »
This was sad news to wake up too.

Can't really blame them for closing it, but its still a shame. Gotten to know a few nice people there and even a few evil once :D, but nothing lasts forever.

HTC and users.

:)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Re: O'club
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2005, 01:34:17 AM »
Originally posted by Pyro
 We've witnessed the complete degradation of that forum and will have to discuss what options are in the best interest of this game and company.  

The entire O'Club forum degragated? I don't see that at all. I see a thread or two ( really just a couple people)  that became problems at the most.

No need to get all emotional about it. If you don't want the O'Club, so be it. But to say that it "completely" imploded is a vast overstatement.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 01:36:30 AM by NUKE »

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2005, 01:49:14 AM »
i sure am going to miss nuke's late night drinking episodes.

:aok
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
O'club
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2005, 01:59:18 AM »
Originally posted by Tarmac
Without the community, AH is just another game.  O club = community.

The O'Club had ceased to be a "community" a long time ago.  I long since stopped reading or posting in it because I didn't need the dogpile of venom directed at me that I was getting.

If people could have manged to be reasonable it would have been one thing, but too many choose to be frothing barbarians when the cloak of anonymity granted by the internet descends over them.

I enjoyed the O'Club when I first came here, but things turned a bit sour for me after Nov., 2000 and then tanked rapidly after Sept. 11, 2001.  The stress of those events seemed, to me, to be taken as permission to take the gloves off of civility.

What I am saying is harsh, but it is what I saw.  A bunch of grown men who wanted to act like hormone driven teenages in the locker room.  To me it cast a shadow on the game due to what the "community" resource had become.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2005, 02:11:38 AM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
The folks I hang with in 'RL' just don't cover the range of stereotypes found in the O'club.. Where else can I thrash out political diatribes with a real russian commie or a French frenchman?

ditto

Offline leitwolf

• Nickel Member
O'club
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2005, 02:23:27 AM »
I cant remember the last time i was flying online (maybe 1-2 hours in the last 3 months) but I do check the O club daily. Its the link that keeps me coming back, its humor, its fun, its not PC, its the daily dweeb soap with bizarre stereotype characters (some of you guys are really good!) and it will be a big loss if you keep it closed.

Perfectly understandable why, but.. no O club anymore? ouch..
veni, vidi, vulchi.