Author Topic: How long till you puke?  (Read 850 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
How long till you puke?
« on: June 14, 2005, 11:12:31 AM »
Just bought a trackIR package w/vector expansion....

Wondering how long it'll take before I fall out of the chair / puke or throw it against the wall....?

HT said it made him ill writing the code for it...

Anyone have horror stories? least there's a 30-day money back warrenty...lol
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 11:17:13 AM by Waffle »

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
How long till you puke?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 11:13:17 AM »
i think octavius said it took a good month before he was comfortable with it for 2+ hours on end
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
How long till you puke?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 11:18:44 AM »
lol i saw a film that octavious made with trackir. It looked cool as hell.

the only thing i woul hate about it is having to wear that stupid hat. i get enough crap from my girlfriend for saying "roger" or "slapshot check your six!!!" which is why i dont use vox now. I get yelled at for being too loud while shes watching TV. If i got that thing with the hat the flow of watermelon i'd get would be endless.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
How long till you puke?
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 11:22:43 AM »
Get the hat Morph. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
How long till you puke?
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 11:24:53 AM »
or better yet - get your GF to stand behind you nude with the 3 sticky dots strategically placed, then holler out view directions for her to contort to :)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
How long till you puke?
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 11:33:52 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus

the only thing i woul hate about it is having to wear that stupid hat. i get enough crap from my girlfriend for saying "roger" or "slapshot check your six!!!" which is why i dont use vox now. I get yelled at for being too loud while shes watching TV. If i got that thing with the hat the flow of watermelon i'd get would be endless.

Morph, the Kroger checkout lady said that'll be $124.76 and I said roger.  She knew her name was Karen and it fugged her up.:D

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Schaden

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
How long till you puke?
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 11:51:21 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus

You can stick the little circle thing to yr forehead or failing that to yr mic and place the sensor thingy below your monitor - ie on yr desk - works well.

Make sure you set your view to a single point for all views otherwise it gets weird.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Re: How long till you puke?
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 12:26:51 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS

Wondering how long it'll take before I fall out of the chair / puke or throw it against the wall....?

Anyone have horror stories? least there's a 30-day money back warrenty...lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
How long till you puke?
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 12:34:58 PM »
Paint it silver and tell everyone you dont want the government spy-mind reading satellites to know what your doing (same goes for hats, helmets, etc)
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
How long till you puke?
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 12:55:49 PM »
Originally posted by Schaden
You can stick the little circle thing to yr forehead or failing that to yr mic and place the sensor thingy below your monitor - ie on yr desk - works well.

Make sure you set your view to a single point for all views otherwise it gets weird.

The Vector expansion requires three dots in a sort of triangular configuration. The plastic thing that they sell to you has the three dots and it clips to the brim of a baseball cap.

Also, with vector, you can move forward and backwards and side to side, so the saved head position is not an issue...

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
How long till you puke?
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 01:02:34 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
or better yet - get your GF to stand behind you nude with the 3 sticky dots strategically placed, then holler out view directions for her to contort to :)

haha yeah right. If she was behind me nude i sure as heck wouldnt be logged in to Aces High.

Morph, the Kroger checkout lady said that'll be $124.76 and I said roger. She knew her name was Karen and it fugged her up.

LOL I've said roger a few times on the phone... Most of the time its when im playing AH and on the phone at the same time. It usually slips past them and they dont say anything. But when they do they ask me who the hell im talking to lol.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
How long till you puke?
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 01:08:01 PM »
LoL, yesterday my GF was pulling out of the drive way and a car was coming that she didn't see. I told her without thinking to chk 6 LOLOLOL. Luckily when she looked at me like as if I was a retard she saw the car. I've also used PWN3D, cc and lamer without meaning to also:D
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
How long till you puke?
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 01:28:30 PM »
LOL!!!:lol :lol :lol

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
How long till you puke?
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005, 02:09:39 PM »
Waffle,

If vector mode does eventually make you queezy, try dot tracking mode. It will pull your 6 view from your saved views file. In vector mode you may not like some of your rear views and the body and neck contortions to make them work. But it does give you that zoom, and up and down  feature which helps you get around the canopy stringers view blocking when you look left and right on some planes.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
How long till you puke?
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 06:44:26 PM »
RedTop-(answers Phone) "Hello"
Wifey-"Hi Honey"
RedTop-"Hi , roger! Watch it!
Wifey-"Who's Roger"? And what is he Watching"?
RedTop- "I'm flying Honey"
Wifey-"Ohh , Cool , is Roger one of your lil squad buddies?
RedTop-"No honey I was saying yes"
Wifey-"Saying yes to Roger."
RedTop-"No honey..Roger is saying yes"
Wifey-"Whats Roger saying yes to? I didn't even hear you ask him anything"

:lol
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles