Author Topic: amnesty international has a problem with...  (Read 2498 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
amnesty international has a problem with...
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2001, 07:53:00 PM »
Worchester Massachussetts......

That sounds like a nice place to vist, hey blur?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2001, 07:58:00 PM »
Please tell me blur are you really serious???

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2001, 08:41:00 PM »
No harm in figuring out how it all happened.

For one thing, it might help the NA revise their prisoner handling procedures.   ;)

Two, if the NA is doing this cr*p now, the time to get it stopped is NOW. Not in 3-6-9-12 months when they take their "show on the road" to the big cities.

The NA is no corps of Angels. There's a reason the Taliban were able to toss them out of power. Of course, then the Tallys became just as bad and probably worse.

If they get out of line, the world community needs to whack them back into it.... and since we're already there, maybe we should sponsor a "tank day" when this is all over.

We can put on a "firepower display" and take out the rest of the tanks in Afghanistan. (After giving them a few minutes to un*ss the vehicle.)

They don't seem to do much fighting unless it's armor against guys that don't have any armor anymore. Otherwise, it's a "stalemate".

<EDIT> ...and as for the prisoners. Seems a lot of them deliberately chose their fate. The ones who didn't want to go along for the ride had two choices, right? Hide out and hope Allah wasn't quite ready for them in Paradise, or "rat" on the guys getting ready to attack to the Prison Guards. Life is full of choices.

Like it or not, the attacking prisoners have to be seen as violating the terms of their surrender. Legitimate targets, in other words.

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Toad ]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2001, 08:50:00 PM »
If we used Spectre on the fortress... then GOOD!!

The alliance needs that kinda firepower demonstration right in front of them. I saw it once, and I remain FOREVER impressed. If I was a NA general with an itch to turn on the USA I'd think twice after watching a coupla of those things take a few turns on a fortified position.

What was the name of that fortress??... never mind. It's "Rubble" now.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2001, 11:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime:
If we used Spectre on the fortress... then GOOD!!

What was the name of that fortress??... never mind. It's "Rubble" now.

20mm, 30mm, 40mm, 75mm howitzer (!) , all radar guided.  sweetness
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2001, 02:56:00 AM »
Those guys have blood feuds going back years.  They were killing each other before we got there.  And they will keep killing each other after we leave.  Who cares?  Our military is on mission.  Our people have a few more chores to take care of, then they are out of there.  The one important thing that has happened, is  the Arab world is beginning to think maybe, the US ain't such a good place to mess with.

Besides.  We have some unfinished business south of the there.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2001, 03:43:00 AM »
Why isnt amnesty international urging for a probe into the deaths of a certain group of people that happened to be in two buildings some months ago....

Oh wait, wholesome folksy terrorist freedom fighter types did that, noooo you never "probe" into their things...

Amnesty International is just another part of lunatic leftist hate groups.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2001, 04:04:00 AM »
Don't be an idiot GRUNHERZ.

They aren't probing that because its not in their field, and if it were it would be bloody obvious what happened and that those responsible were in the wrong.

What would you have them do?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2001, 04:25:00 AM »
octavius,

excuse me but isn't it 105mm howitzer?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2001, 08:34:00 AM »
"Amnesty International is just another part of lunatic leftist hate groups."

more or less, yes

I want an investigation on why we didn't just napalm the place when the lunatics took over the asylum .. and shoot whoever was responsible for the  initial search of the Taliban POW's.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2001, 11:15:00 AM »
If we could turn back the clock seventy years many of you would have made perfect Hitler youth.

You think I'm kidding?

Over and over again we repeat the same mistakes. It seems we never learn. It's not about hating this group or hating that group it's about HATE plain and simple. I don't condone any terrorist action especially what occurred on 9-11, but does that give us carte blanche to systematically destroy an entire country, acting as judge, jury and executioner?

With the concussion wave of every bomb there's an unseen wave of negativity riding along with it. This negativity will return to us, call it "interest", reaping what you sow or karma, we'll have to deal with it at a future date. There's no judgment involved here it's a fundamental law like gravity.

We weep, have TV specials and pray to our God over the poor souls who perished then we turn around and mindlessly kill other innocent people whose only crime is that they live in an impoverished defenseless country. I see on the news another fifty civilians were just killed bombing a bunker complex that WE BUILT!

It's the height of hypocrisy and maybe as the stench rises higher and higher maybe, just maybe, a few will wake up to start shifting the balance.

As it is this country is showing definite signs of decay.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2001, 11:46:00 AM »
I don't condone any terrorist action especially what occurred on 9-11, but does that give us carte blanche to systematically destroy an entire country, acting as judge, jury and executioner?

Yes.  It does.  Fortunately we're not using it though, and instead going above and beyond to reduce overall casualties.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2001, 11:53:00 AM »
Blur..

The mother ship has issued a recall for your brain.

Please comply.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2001, 11:55:00 AM »
Hm, the US don't know what to do with the POW's from foreign nations in Afghanistan. Rumsfeldt is on record saying that it'd be a good thing if they were all dead.

Like it or not, not all of the POW's were in the revolt. Rather indiscriminate use of firepower will kill a lot of those.

Killing of legitimate POW's who aren't resisting, who are bound, is generally not a very civil thing to do.

The rest of the arguments are really straw men: build them up and knock 'em down: it doesn't change the facts about gunning down bound POW's.

I sincerely hope that Americans in general do not condone the killing of POW's.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2001, 11:58:00 AM »
I'm sure amnesty international would love to go in there next time and find out who is part of the revolt and who is not before anyone responds.

Maybe call timeout or something.