Author Topic: I have been thinking about new sounds  (Read 714 times)

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
I have been thinking about new sounds
« on: June 15, 2005, 01:10:39 AM »
I just wanted to take a quick informal poll I guess you could say as to what's  the most recommended sound pack to use. I did not want to say what's the best cause I think they are all pretty good, just want to see what most of ya are using.

Thanks
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 01:58:41 AM »
I myself use waffles may go with mitsu's sound pack for awhile. :D

Offline BBinder

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 10:29:25 AM »
i use mitsu's sound pack plus i added all of fruda's plane packs aswell

so it s both of those packs i enjoy using with each other

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 11:27:21 AM »
I've tried all of the sound packs. They all sound bad for some reason. They don't sound like I think a flight sim should sound. They irk me more than anything. So I uninstall them.

That's not a slight on the skills used to make the sound packs, more a personal trait of my taste in sounds.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 12:09:20 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
I've tried all of the sound packs. They all sound bad for some reason. They don't sound like I think a flight sim should sound. They irk me more than anything. So I uninstall them.

That's not a slight on the skills used to make the sound packs, more a personal trait of my taste in sounds.

That's got a lot more to do with AHII's extremely dated sound design than the sounds in our packs.

If AHII had sound design similar to CFS3, then we could make some very, very nice packs. Alas, that's not the way things are, and this is the best we can do.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 12:55:45 PM »
What I do is take ALL the sound packs ... find the sounds that I like the best from any of the packs and create my own custom pack on my harddrive.

Krusty ... are you running the stock AH sounds ? If so, there is no way that those sounds are any better than what these guys have put out. The AH stock engine sounds remind me of the old Briggs & Stratton on my dad's lawnmower we had when I was a kid.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 02:05:05 PM »
I did the same.

Now im to lazy:p