Author Topic: joystick set up  (Read 381 times)

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
joystick set up
« on: June 19, 2005, 11:36:30 AM »
I have a somewhat elderly sidewinder precision pro on which I am trying to calibrate the views on the hat switch.  Front,  Front Up, back, left and right are no problems, but I can't get the front left, front right, back left and back right on the hat switch.  (I have the up key mapped to one of the joystick buttons.)  The stick is calibrated in XP - all 8 positions show in the calibration window there.  I would really like to get the hat recognized in all 8 views.  Any suggestions?
dhaus (<------ baby seal in training)

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
joystick set up
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 12:01:48 PM »
Those 4 diagonal views may well need to be mapped in AH.

from the clipboard (off top of my head) - go to setup/controls/joystick then hit stick map and make sure the views are assigned.

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
joystick set up
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 12:07:18 PM »
Right, I tried that.  The stick map wasn't accepting the diagonal views to map.  I would have the hat switch on front right, go to click "set button" for front right in the view map setting, and no mapping - or, it would try to map the right view on the hat switch.  At first I wondered if the hat switch was shot, but AW III offline game works fine, and the XP calibration window recognizes all views.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
joystick set up
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 01:56:27 PM »
Go back into mapping and "set all buttons" then try setting the hat buttons.

Welcome to AH2. :)

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
joystick set up
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 06:51:32 PM »
DOH!  Finally figured it out.  I was trying to use the hat switch itself to map the buttons.  It works MUCH better when you use the Hat Switch 1 button pad to map them!!
dhaus (<--------- baby seal in training)

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
joystick set up
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 07:51:52 PM »
Oh, I guess I better map the back, up view as my default view for a while.  :D
dhaus (<------ baby seal in training)