Author Topic: got a question for all u FRaps users  (Read 722 times)

Offline bullz

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
got a question for all u FRaps users
« on: June 19, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »
OkMy question is this..Imade my first film yesterday..not exzactly done but i peiced it together using windows movie maker ..I went in AH and recorded the films I wanted  ,took them to AH film viewer. then in film viewer i figure out all my head positions  and run fraps while watching the clip...now here comes the tricky part that noone has been able to help  me with... after running fraps..I like to go through fraps folder and review what i recorded..well everything that i record using fraps is being saved like 3 x as fast  than im actually recordeing them.. There is no way in windows movie maker to slow it down and fraps dont give me much option's ...someone out there please help !!!!..Also..everything is real blurry ..is it possible my windows media player is screwed up or playing them back to fast?????:confused: :confused: :confused:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 12:35:02 PM by bullz »
''KISS MY HAVOC''   
 ''U.S.M.C RACING''

Check6..A20 on you

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 03:51:20 PM »
I would check the velocity or speed of your play back in windows movie maker.

Fraps records exactly what you see, how you see it. When you open one of your avi's up in media player is it playing like it should?
If the answer is yes, then your problem lies within Movie Maker.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline bullz

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 04:14:41 PM »
no morph..right after i would save the film from ah viewer ..id go and replay it through fraps..which opens window media player..and there it would be played back fast..i went and blabbed about it on 200 ..and got a good answer from ''JETB123'' lol i thnk thats his name ..told me to turn down the fps..he had a similar problem ..i droped it down to 30 or so and it ran fine ..some parts still kinda fast.but nowhere near as it was.

No w morph if you could answer me this question id b a happy Movie maker lol..why the hell is it so blurry ...??? is it just my p.c ..if others were to view it would it be blurry to them aswel???..check it out  i got it posted ..rough copy no music very little editing ..why is it like this??

http://www.kissmyhavoc.neptune.com
''KISS MY HAVOC''   
 ''U.S.M.C RACING''

Check6..A20 on you

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 04:34:41 PM »
Lag in the game... frame rate hits

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 11:55:27 PM »
Ummm why are you saving films through the film viewer???  you can just play the .ahf's in the film viewer and have fraps capture the .avi's then.  No need to save the film more than once.

Offline bullz

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 12:03:00 AM »
thats what i mean by save the film from AH film viewer..run fraps while watchig film in the viewer..
''KISS MY HAVOC''   
 ''U.S.M.C RACING''

Check6..A20 on you

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 07:37:21 AM »
Your blurry problem could be from any number of things.

Most likely it is from the reduction of film quality through reduction. Something i've played alot with. No one wants to watch a blurry, fuzzy film. No matter how cool the footage might be. Or how cool the music is... if the film quality is bad I usually end up not watching the whole thing.
You will have to play around with that of course, so you find what works well for you. You can go with Dvix, alot of people use it, the only problem is not everyone uses it. People are also very lazy creatures. You can give them a link to go download the codec for dvix so they can watch your film. But chances are they'll come back, tell you the film wont run and never bother to download the codec anyways.

I use wmv9 for most things films I make. I find it give me the quality I want, along with the file size...one that's not so big people dont have to wait a day to watch it. Also, its a codec that everyone has.

Its been a long time since I've used Movie Maker. I do know that it has a play back speed. Any one of the film editors have it. But why your films are playing faster in even Media Player is a good question.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 10:49:09 AM »
:rofl QUAH!!!

Offline bullz

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 01:16:05 PM »
yo morph i figured out the speed thing.dun really care who watches the film tho lol ..just made it to show squaddies ..maby if i get good at it  i would get more into it ..i only have this webpage for like 30 more hrs ..so if u could check it out and let me know wtf i could be doing wrong .. when i watch it in windows its sooo pretty most clear if ur watching it small ...just can figure out why it wont run right online
http://www.kissmyhavoc.neptune.com thats if u got highspeed..other wise it would take u all damn day
''KISS MY HAVOC''   
 ''U.S.M.C RACING''

Check6..A20 on you

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 10:14:54 AM »
Bullz...

I never thought of running AH Film and have Fraps run over that.... I tried it last night with just the trial version of Fraps and it worked great!  Nice tip there! :aok
Now I just have to purchase the full version....:eek:
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 11:44:27 AM »
Let me get this straight...  you guys have been converting the film in the film viewer to .avi's THEN running fraps?  That's the reason for the fast playback then... your fps might be to fast for the converted avi.

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 03:32:02 PM »
Originally posted by o0Stream140o
Let me get this straight...  you guys have been converting the film in the film viewer to .avi's THEN running fraps?  That's the reason for the fast playback then... your fps might be to fast for the converted avi.

Not me ;)

The thing that still annoys me is using FRAPS in full screen mode produces the least amount of degradation, BUT when you switch to full screen you loose some/all of the cached terrain (ie trees :( ) so the film viewer has to re cache them and you get the damn "white trees of doom" Also the rewind option leaves much to be desired ;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 03:34:52 PM by zorstorer »

Offline bullz

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 03:44:04 PM »
Originally posted by o0Stream140o

No stream i was stateing that fraps saved your film as an avi. file
''KISS MY HAVOC''   
 ''U.S.M.C RACING''

Check6..A20 on you

Offline ADog31st

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 03:51:50 PM »
o0Stream140o

Wrong you record using fraps, while runing the AH film viewer. You do not create a avi file using Ah film viewer , you create the  AVI . file in Fraps.
 You may also change head postions,changing  filming angels hell you can even change planes frome the list of players on the right hand side , by double clicking the players  name , All while  runing Fraps in the back ground capturing every thing that is in the viewer picture frame . other words what ever is in the veiwer window will be recorded!
              Good Luck
                                 ADog31st.
" Stay Back " Its the Dogs of War!

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2005, 05:33:03 AM »
I don't get it:(
Time's fun when you're having flies.