Author Topic: wow  (Read 351 times)

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
wow
« on: June 21, 2005, 09:17:20 PM »
just got one hard boot...game froze up, screen just froze....sound still going...after about 15 seconds, started up again, then froze again...then message saying had to close program, did i want to send report to microsoft....try to get back in, started at setup page, and lowered me from norm 256 to 128....tried to go, got message again....tried to use film view, no joy, same damn message ant program not responding in task manager...may not be related, but what a 10 minute period.  :(   what is goin on?  anyone?
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
wow
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 09:33:10 PM »
rebooted puter, all better now...weird...now my text(font) is all screwed up...seems "fuzzy"

++The Blue Knights++

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
wow
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 09:37:07 PM »
Killnu same thing happened to me last week. Never figured out what caused it, and it hasn't happened since.

Check your screen resolution and monitor refresh rates.

cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
wow
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 10:06:34 PM »
i turned down hardware acceleration a notch, was on full after i formatted HD and reinstalled everything.

++The Blue Knights++

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
wow
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 01:12:59 AM »
If you get one of those error messages, I find you almost always need to reboot the computer.  Could be during a read/write a file got corrupted and its still loaded in memory.  Sometimes you'll just get a bad memory read and the only way to clear it is to reboot.

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
wow
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 04:59:08 PM »
I suffered these far too often a few months ago.
If they persist delete your AH cache folder and let AH rebuild it.
In my case a file had obviuosly been damaged during the first freeze, everytime i got near an object that required that file the lockup would reoccur.