Author Topic: poll on lindsay lohan  (Read 815 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
poll on lindsay lohan
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 07:35:30 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Am I supposed to be aware of this person? Did she invent a cure for cancer or at least the heartbreak of psoriasis?

toad she's a young actress that's basically known for being a hottie.  I've heard she is a royal B*t*h in real life but that could be just a rumor.

pre crack potato look:

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
poll on lindsay lohan
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 08:04:45 PM »
Or, if you really wanna feel like a perv, you can remember that she was the twins in the remake of the parent trap.  That was 1998.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
poll on lindsay lohan
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 08:06:17 PM »
Originally posted by Seagoon
Alright, I'm probably going to get into trouble for this, but one of the most personally disturbing trends I've seen in Hollywood and the fashion industry is to insist that all women look as androgenous as possible in order to be taken seriously.

In other words, if they are blessed to have an ample chest and nice curves, then they probably aren't going to get the A movie roles. Several actresses including Kate Winslett have complained bitterly about this (producers called her agent asking not whether she was available but "is she still fat?"), and it has led in recent years to a rash of breast reductions, insane diets, and doing everything they can to look like prepubescent boys instead of real women. Lohan is one example, others like Christina Ricci abound, but to my mind one the worst tragedies was Jennifer Connelly who went through a breast reduction and other plastic surgeries and diets in order to move from the incredibly curvy beauty of the Rocketeer to the thin and angular stick figure of the Hulk...

What gives? Who decided that the "Heroin Chic" look of the fashion industry (which it should be noted is set largely by Gay men) should be our popular standard for female beauty? Why must every actress look like she was just liberated from a concentration camp in order to succeed?

I say this with a vested interest. I have a daughter, and I'm sure many of you do to. I lament the fact that they are pushed towards eating disorders or made to feel fat or "bimboish" just because they look like real women and not Kate Moss. Frankly it makes me sick.

And yes, Lohan looks normal in picture #2 and vaguely malnourished in #1.

- SEAGOON

It's not just hollywood, it's society in general. Cig ads took advantage this, they would make it seem that if you smoked you would be skinny. The world is full of shallow people.

And yeah, #2, no doubt
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
poll on lindsay lohan
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 08:21:13 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
Or, if you really wanna feel like a perv, you can remember that she was the twins in the remake of the parent trap.  That was 1998.

you really know how to spoil the fun don't ya?   ;)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
poll on lindsay lohan
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 08:25:20 PM »
It kinda spoiled my own fun when I thought of it, and I just couldn't help but share. :)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
poll on lindsay lohan
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 08:36:04 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
It kinda spoiled my own fun when I thought of it, and I just couldn't help but share. :)

it is kinda gross when you think about it.  She was a "cute" kid but grew into a major hottie.  Even if she was only 18 she looked (notice the past tense) very good for her age.  

I think she looks like a crack potato as a skinney.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
poll on lindsay lohan
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 08:44:07 PM »
The original Lindsay Lohan is so much better.

Plus, no matter how much you dye your hair, some people just aren't blond.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
poll on lindsay lohan
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2005, 08:47:15 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with red hair and freckles.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
poll on lindsay lohan
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2005, 08:50:12 PM »
Due to peer pressure, I wish to change my vote to #2.

BRB, smoke break.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
poll on lindsay lohan
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2005, 09:06:58 PM »
What Seagoon said.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
poll on lindsay lohan
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2005, 11:53:46 PM »
Originally posted by Seagoon
Alright, I'm probably going to get into trouble for this, but one of the most personally disturbing trends I've seen in Hollywood and the fashion industry is to insist that all women look as androgenous as possible in order to be taken seriously.

In other words, if they are blessed to have an ample chest and nice curves, then they probably aren't going to get the A movie roles. Several actresses including Kate Winslett have complained bitterly about this (producers called her agent asking not whether she was available but "is she still fat?"), and it has led in recent years to a rash of breast reductions, insane diets, and doing everything they can to look like prepubescent boys instead of real women. Lohan is one example, others like Christina Ricci abound, but to my mind one the worst tragedies was Jennifer Connelly who went through a breast reduction and other plastic surgeries and diets in order to move from the incredibly curvy beauty of the Rocketeer to the thin and angular stick figure of the Hulk...

What gives? Who decided that the "Heroin Chic" look of the fashion industry (which it should be noted is set largely by Gay men) should be our popular standard for female beauty? Why must every actress look like she was just liberated from a concentration camp in order to succeed?

I say this with a vested interest. I have a daughter, and I'm sure many of you do to. I lament the fact that they are pushed towards eating disorders or made to feel fat or "bimboish" just because they look like real women and not Kate Moss. Frankly it makes me sick.

And yes, Lohan looks normal in picture #2 and vaguely malnourished in #1.

- SEAGOON

Man, this guy is sharp. Saves me a lot of typing too.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
poll on lindsay lohan
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2005, 11:58:10 PM »
I prefer #2. The pre bulimia, anorexia, $1000 a day coke habit version.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
poll on lindsay lohan
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2005, 12:47:49 AM »
You guys are brutal!

ps I'll go for #2

Offline spitfiremkv

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
poll on lindsay lohan
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2005, 12:50:58 AM »
In defense of #1 I have to say that some chicks manage to be skinny, blonde and VERY attractive. especially if they have blue or green eyes.

but that means that 1: they're natural blondes
2: they have a petite body that fits well with a slim figure

Seeing Lohan's bones sticking out through her skin is utterly unattractive.

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
poll on lindsay lohan
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2005, 01:58:24 AM »
Another actress that has undergone the loose-all-the-body-fat mutation is one of my favourites: Jennifer Connelly. She still looks hot, but I preferred the way she was before.

One thing that surprised me in a positive way was Liv Tyler in that infamous movie "Women and Dr. T" where she appeared slightly overweight. In LOTR she was skinny, but I don't think she went through the Lohan transformation...

Daniel