Author Topic: June's KoTH/EKoTH results.  (Read 1035 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
June's KoTH/EKoTH results.
« on: June 24, 2005, 09:59:44 PM »
Congratulations to Flyboy Twice in fact for a dominating performance in June winning both KoTH and EKoTH in dramatic fashion. In my opinion these KOTHs were outstanding and a TON-o-fun. That's KILO-o-fun for you metric folk.

KoTH was fairly short with two 'BIG Bullseyes' after just 4 matches and only lasted 6 rounds. Flyboy won the event flying a Spit 14 with half a wing missing and chose the P-40B for next month's KoTH.
We also welcomed GullGutz to his first KoTH.
The results by rounds:
*  Flyboy in a P-47D-25
*  pellik in a P-40B
*  Flyboy in a P-38J
*  pellik in a P-40B
*  MENDEZ in a Me262
*  Flyboy wins it in a Spitfire Mk XIV

EKoTH on the other hand was fairly long lasting 17 rounds with 5 'BIG Bullseyes' at the end and Flyboy again pulled out another dramatic victory. Similar to KoTH he won in a damaged plane, flying a P38L with one engine out and the other died less than a minute after he won. I have to give a to DarkBlue who won the first 2 rounds and stayed around for 15 more rounds of 'abuse' in a valiant effort to win that fell just short. The KOTH Team forgot to ask Flyboy what would be the first plane for next month so when we find out you'll find out.
We had 4 new EKoTHers that included MRMO, RATTDOG3, Tmen and yr0083.
The results by rounds:
*  DarkBlue in a P-38J
*  DarkBlue in a Bf 109G-6
*  MENDEZ in a A6M2
*  MRPLUTO in a Typhoon
*  ManeTMP in a FM-2
*  MRMO in a Ki-61-I  (First KOTH round win)
*  Jish65 in a P-40E
*  WMLute in a F4U-1D
*  Balsy in a D3A-1
*  Flyboy in a P-47D-25
*  piterkO in a P-40B
*  Nuke33 in a Spitfire MkI
*  Flyboy in a Mosquito Mk VI
*  Nuke33 in a Yak-9T
*  Jish65 in a P-51B
*  ManeTMP in a C.202
*  Flyboy wins it in a P-38L

Again, congratulations and to Flyboy.

Dates for July's KoTHs will be announced when they are set.

We have a few KOTH issues being debated and here is the place to voice your opinioins: http://www.flyaceshigh.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=135

Logs for this event are here: http://www.webtreatz.com/tod/logsnew.asp?eventtype=koth

Hope to see you all next month and bring your friends..... or enemies :)
Thanks for attending all
Your KOTH hosts.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline blue308

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 03:56:41 AM »
Great fights,  great fun. For me KotH is the very best AH has to offer atm. :)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 05:20:45 AM »
I can't stress enough just how much FUN the past EKoth was.  We had a GREAT group of pilots, a decent mix of new and vet's, and some really incredible flying on everybody's part.  

Big <> to Dark Blue.  I was pullin' for ya' (even tho' I did kill you in that 2nd to last round ) to win it.  I 2 have been 1st to two wins on many occasions and was horribly ganged for 10-15 rounds.  I hope you view it like I do, and consider that "part of the fun".  During my D3A round, when you had 4-6 pilots on you and it took them close to 5min to down you was AWESOME.

Big <> to Flyboy!  Rare is it to have the same pilot win BOTH Koth's, and this month propells him into the the KOTH books as one of the great ones!  He now has 5 total KOTH wins, AND he won last years Tournement of Champions, and has become one of the more prolific pilots to fly in the King of the Hill tournements.

Would also like to ManeTMP.  I feel that in this past EKOTH he added to the mix quite well, and helped to shape it into one of the better KOTH's we've done.  Good show Mane!

This month was a wierd couple of koths.  Almost liked they flip flopped.  After the KOTH USA was done in 6 rounds (5 rounds the record for fastes KOTH win) I was concerned that the 6k cap and 30second extension rule was making the fights TOO fast.  But after this EKOTH, my concerns were laid to rest.   I think the alt/extension limits are just fine now.  Opinions??

GREAT time everyone.  I hope all that participated will tell their friends and squaddies just how much fun it was, and help us to grow the KOTH into something even better than it is.  (is that possible?)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 09:40:07 AM »
You better thank me for having to go back to work for that emergency call Flyboy!ROFL!:D ( starting to wonder if Flyboy had something to do with me getting a call from work? hmm........another freaking CONSPIRACY!!!!! :lol )

I was so pee'd off that I had to leave the event.

Congrats on both your victorys for this month's events Fly!  

enjoyed all the fights everyone, hope I can make the next months events and stay the whole time as well!

edited: notice Flyboy did not have a round won til I had to .ef and leave while on take off in the P47D25 round of fights, yep it is a CONSPIRACY, muhahaha........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »
LOL TC :D no comment.

this is probably the last Koth ill fly for who knows how long since im starting flight academy on the 14th of july (real planes, yay :)  ) but its a demanding 3 year course with very little free time, atleast at the start ill only be home one weekend a month.

i didnt exept winning both Koths but who am i to complain.
must say Ekoth was the best koth i ever took part in, with some exellent fights.

30secs\ 6k seemed to pump up koth to a more intensive level. so its a good thing, allso smooth operating by the CMs .

next month Ekoth will begin with the fearsome P40b

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 03:32:13 PM »
Yup, I love the new rules. Wish I coulda made the EKoth and been some nice target practice for you guys. And WTG Flyboy...again:p
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Jish102

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 04:49:49 PM »
Wtg Flyboy!

Were some excellent fights this past Ekoth and for sure one of the best koth's i have took part in. to all cya all next month:aok
MA: Irish
71 Sqn

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 08:26:02 AM »
Originally posted by Flyboy

lol, he just loves those things doesnt he :rofl

wish i coulda made it, sounded like lots of fun, hope to be in soon

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 10:52:59 PM »
Originally posted by Flyboy
LOL TC :D no comment.

this is probably the last Koth ill fly for who knows how long since im starting flight academy on the 14th of july (real planes, yay :)  ) but its a demanding 3 year course with very little free time, atleast at the start ill only be home one weekend a month.

i didnt exept winning both Koths but who am i to complain.
must say Ekoth was the best koth i ever took part in, with some exellent fights.

30secs\ 6k seemed to pump up koth to a more intensive level. so its a good thing, allso smooth operating by the CMs .

You know I am just joking with ya , I hope, FlyBoy ;)

Lute/fuzeman  anyway to move the July KOTH dates to  July 8th for EKOTH and July 9th for USKOTH so Flyboy will have one last chance at defending his title before he has to leave for flight Traing?

I think he deserves a chance, any problems with this?
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 10:16:17 AM »
We we're going to make sure it was later so Flyboy couldn't attend so the rest of you might have a chance.
Just kidding :)
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 03:57:56 PM »
Those dates should work out fine.  I also agree Flyboy needs a last "hurrah" so we will try to make it work for the 8th and 9th of July.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 09:08:47 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
Those dates should work out fine.  I also agree Flyboy needs a last "hurrah" so we will try to make it work for the 8th and 9th of July.

Beg pardon, but didn't Flyboy say he was going to be in Greece right up until he is drafted on the 15(?)th?
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group