Author Topic: Alt Rule  (Read 572 times)

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Alt Rule
« on: June 25, 2005, 07:09:18 AM »
Well I don't really care about the 30sec rule.

But the rule that really bugging me is the 6k

"ATTACK planes can now be used
You must stay within the Radar Circle at all times
Allow everyone adequate seperation on roll-out [5K minimum])
Max altitude is 6K... (Wind will be 180MPH straight up, you'll know if you exceed the limit, End Flight ".ef" if you go over 6k).
NO WINGING! (dogpiling on a 2-timer is NOT winging)
Skirting the edge of the fight is prohibited. Either be in a fight, or heading to the nearest fight at all times
Running (refusing to engage) for an extended period of time (30 sec) is prohibited.
If your engine dies, or plane is unflyable (fuel/oil/damage), or you run outta ammo, End flight ".ef"! you are out!
UNLESS you are one of the last two... Then fight to the death!
HAVE FUN!!!!"

We can't do any move no immel no nothing lol dive that's all...

Id like 8k back.

So they make it 'CM' 6k would do you think 6k or 8k?

'5K'  minimum!!?!?!?!?!

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Alt Rule
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 08:32:45 AM »
OK SkyChimp, let me explain exactly where I don't thing your argument holds water.

Alt cap is 6k.  I'm flying around at 5,000 feet, and when I merge with an enemy, I can't do an immelman.

Alt cap is 8k.  I'm flying around at 7,000 feet, and when I merge with and enemy, I can't do an immelman.

It doesn't matter WHAT the alt cap is, if you fly right at/under it, you can't perform and immelman.  It could be 20k, and if you fly at 19k you can't do an immelman.

Here's some advice if you just HAVE to do an immelman on the merge.   When you see a co-alt enemy and both of you at/near the alt cap, dive down some (1-2k), chop throttle, reverse rudder (whatever, just BLEED E)  and do your immelman.  OR stay fast, dive down closer to 2-3k, and do your immelman.  They have 2 choices, nose down to you, or fly off.  If they nose down, they gonna be fast, and can't turn with you, as you are slower, and have the better turn radius.  You now are in a much better position, and can maneuver for the kill.  They can fly off, but won't get far w/ the 30 second rule, AND you are not that much slower than they are, and they won't be able to create much seperation.  You will be behind them, and again, have the advantage.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Alt Rule
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 09:34:59 AM »
I got one for ya Lute,  yesterday while merging fighting RTR, I was at  3.5+ K and went into an immel er or Loop, I topped out upside down to pull back nose low and noticed I was 6.1K+ and had to .ef

who would of thought 2.5k was not enough room in the vertical to pull a loop or immelman.......I sure thought I had plenty of room

the alt cap does not bother me though, it just takes a bit to get used to...

Yesterday was my first experience with the new alt cap in place and I am very rusty from not flying alot in the paste month or 2.

all in all I enjoyed the fights and had no quams with any of the recent rule changes
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Alt Rule
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 09:49:02 AM »
U dive the take your stab u don't fly in koth anymore their mean heh ;)

Well i can be at 5.5 dive down when hes 5k away. If hes nice he might go down too and not keep it alt addy heh.

Well im over it see u next koth ;)