Author Topic: The Final Battle in North Africa 1945  (Read 800 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
The Final Battle in North Africa 1945
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 11:00:58 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
no night at all .. it does nothing but hurt attendance as most leave as soon as they login when they find it is night time

I agree Eagler but if I can find a lighter shade to make it less dark then that should help matters greatly.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline gear

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2005, 06:51:05 PM »
The ack is down less then 2 min.Is the way it is set?

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2005, 08:54:53 PM »
I'm not excited about this one.  I'll see you all next week.

eskimo

storch

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2005, 12:12:51 AM »
The ack is rediculously high and the plane set is about what you find in the MA so I'll see ya's next week as well.  here's a clue 1943 to early 44 planesets seem to be very popular with the majority of folks. no one likes eating bait.

carry on.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2005, 09:15:05 AM »
Originally posted by storch
The ack is rediculously high and the plane set is about what you find in the MA so I'll see ya's next week as well.  here's a clue 1943 to early 44 planesets seem to be very popular with the majority of folks. no one likes eating bait.

carry on.

So you cant handle a P51D,P38L vs G-2,G-10,D-9 set up now? The ack was set at MA norms,if thats rediculous why do you fly the MA?

storch

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2005, 10:14:28 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
So you cant handle a P51D,P38L vs G-2,G-10,D-9 set up now? The ack was set at MA norms,if thats rediculous why do you fly the MA?

The G10 and the Dora are easily the planes I use least because all they are good for is running from a fight, you will usually find me running to a fight.  the 109G2 is absent from the plane set we have the very capable 110G2 but while I can hold my own in most 1 v 1 engagements in it it doesn't fare too well against multiple opponents.  

with regard to the ack issue,  the game play in the MA is significantly different from game play in the CT for two reasons, people and distance.  in the MA there are many people and if some player runs to ack one can fairly easily find a fight in the same sector thereby obtaining one's "fix" that is not typically the case in the CT.  with regard to distance TK posted another thread on the topic if your attention span will allow read it, he is spot on.

just post if I can help you clear up any questions or lingering doubts.  I know you don't play much any more and that puts you  out of touch with the goings on in the arena.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2005, 10:31:34 AM »
Storch I have been working on getting it adjusted all morning so far. I have things working better and have now rebuilt my computer....something I really didn't need to spend the money on this weekend but it had to be done since this one is my wifes business machine as well.

Anyway I was leaving the G2 in the setup but changed it to the G6 and because the 262, Temepst and Tiger were perked the last time they were in the arena they are still perked. With the last minute change I forgot to talk to Skuzzy about getting them changed and now I think its for the best.

As for the puffy AAA I am adjusting that as well. I flew in there a few minutes ago to see what the range was and its ridiculous but severly inaccurate. I flew at 5k feet at under 200mph and never got hit once. Also I dove into an airbase and on the third time through the guns I got hit three times running the length of the base with no jinking to avoid any gunfire. So I think that is a little better than what it was last week. If you have anything else please let me know.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 10:36:42 AM by Reschke »
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

storch

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2005, 10:57:23 AM »
if the G6 or the G2 is enabled that should be sufficient.  I don't suspect you'll see many people in the jet.  my preferrence would be the G2.  I suppose I would have enabled the 205 and the 190A8 as well but it isn't up to me is it?  enabling the P38J, P40E and the P51B wouldn't be a bad idea either.  but then that wouldn't be 1945 would it?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2005, 12:47:02 PM »
Originally posted by storch
The G10 and the Dora are easily the planes I use least because all they are good for is running from a fight, you will usually find me running to a fight.  the 109G2 is absent from the plane set we have the very capable 110G2 but while I can hold my own in most 1 v 1 engagements in it it doesn't fare too well against multiple opponents.  

with regard to the ack issue,  the game play in the MA is significantly different from game play in the CT for two reasons, people and distance.  in the MA there are many people and if some player runs to ack one can fairly easily find a fight in the same sector thereby obtaining one's "fix" that is not typically the case in the CT.  with regard to distance TK posted another thread on the topic if your attention span will allow read it, he is spot on.

just post if I can help you clear up any questions or lingering doubts.  I know you don't play much any more and that puts you  out of touch with the goings on in the arena.

Because I am unable to play AH due to Savvis doesnt put "out of touch" with anything. Ive played longer than you so trust me, I get the game.  Who's fault is it you cant put up a fight anyway?

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2005, 01:22:02 PM »
Just my opinion, but I'd get rid of the 262 and the Tempest.

262 is just a pain in the arse at the best of times, and Tempest is really only there to counter it.

Maybe enable the G2 for the Axis drivers. I understand it has a soft seat that helps keep the chafing to a minimum from the  leather thong:D .

Nice to see the F4U in the mix here though:)
It's gonna create some fun fights.

RTR
The Damned

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2005, 03:23:36 PM »
Originally posted by RTR
Just my opinion, but I'd get rid of the 262 and the Tempest.

262 is just a pain in the arse at the best of times, and Tempest is really only there to counter it.

yep, removing these two planes can only help

why do the germans need the g2 again? it is lopsided enough without it..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals