Author Topic: Lot of "no kills" lately  (Read 776 times)

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
Lot of "no kills" lately
« on: February 24, 2001, 10:37:00 AM »
During the last month I've pulled my pnzr out onto the grass fields of AH lately to enjoy a nice ground fighting time.

Fortunately this has been a good month, lots of pnzr vs. pnzr kills for me.  Some spawn point kills, but mainly 2, even a 3 on 1 that I won and it was quite fun...tanks using terrain to advantage...sneaking around embankments and such.

Unfortunately I've had about 15-20 kills this month where no kill was every given after sometimes up to 3 hits.  Yes they knew they were hit, otherwise they wouldn't exit.  But they exit and poof....no kill.

There may be explanations for some..but...

Sad when some ppl continually "disco" (tongue in cheek).

------------------
Wingnut
Luftjagerkorps

The quality of the box matters little.  Success depends upon the man who sits in it  -  Baron Manfred von Richthofen

[This message has been edited by Wingnut_0 (edited 02-24-2001).]

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Lot of "no kills" lately
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2001, 10:47:00 AM »
If someone hits ALT F4, and you hit him before, you get the Kill. At least, that's what "the manual" says  

------------------
MASS/SAW

click  HERE for info on III./JG 5 Eismeer
"kindergarden must be closed... all those little girls running around screaming..."
 -Fd ski

DISCLAIMER---> this Post always has a smilie !  

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 02-24-2001).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

funked

Lot of "no kills" lately
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »
I've also had the experience several times of saddling up a bandit and forcing him to auger, but getting no maneuver kill.

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
      • http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markw4/index.html
Lot of "no kills" lately
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2001, 06:01:00 PM »
Dude!!

I have had this experiance too.

Last night I tried about 6 sorties in PT boats in a very target rich envirement. Sorta furballing with other fighters and PT boats. Had numerous hits, watched planes explode but nothing. No message at all. I even have it on film.

Went and checked score board later. No points, no kills, nothing. What the F***??

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Lot of "no kills" lately
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2001, 06:13:00 PM »

Originally posted by funked:
I've also had the experience several times of saddling up a bandit and forcing him to auger, but getting no maneuver kill.

Yep, this has happened to me too.

1Wmaker1
Lentolaivue 34
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
Lot of "no kills" lately
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2001, 08:13:00 AM »
With GVs what happens is that he sits a) on the runway or b) close enough to the vehicle hangar, so that if he .ef s out of his hit vehicle, he does get a landed sucessfully and you're getting no kill... that might explain it ?

DW6

eskimo

Lot of "no kills" lately
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2001, 07:56:00 PM »
I was shot down once this week, and no kill was awarded.  I had a good connect and was definitly hosed by an enemy AC.

eskimo

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
Lot of "no kills" lately
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2001, 03:12:00 AM »

Originally posted by Wmaker:
Yep, this has happened to me too.

Happening a lot to me too.  But sometimes I'm rolling down the runway taking off or landing and get a kill when the ack hits a plane 2k above me that I never shot at.

Something seems screwy with the maneuver kill code.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Lot of "no kills" lately
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2001, 11:00:00 AM »

Originally posted by Wingnut_0:

Unfortunately I've had about 15-20 kills this month where no kill was every given after sometimes up to 3 hits.  Yes they knew they were hit, otherwise they wouldn't exit.  But they exit and poof....no kill.

There may be explanations for some..but...

Sad when some ppl continually "disco" (tongue in cheek).

[/B]

I've seen this all too many times in the MA this TOD. I don't know how it's happening but it's annoying as hell. I don't throw any accusations out on Ch1 because I don't know who it is and it's not worth my time to figure it out. It's happening to me in the open field far away from his base or spawn point.

------------------
Lars
***MOL***
Men Of Leisure

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Lot of "no kills" lately
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2001, 11:07:00 AM »

With GVs what happens is that he sits a) on the runway or b) close enough to the vehicle hangar, so that if he .ef s out of his hit vehicle, he does get a landed sucessfully and you're getting no kill... that might explain it ?

Don't think so DW6.  I was in the mood for a tank battle and decided to fight between A1 and the nearby vfield (V3?).  I spawned se of v3 and was heading toward A1 when I was killed by a panzer.  It turns out he spawned NW of A1 and the points were very near.  I was expecting it the next time.

I re-spawned and nailed him as he was shooting at another target.  I then proceeded to shoot him every time he re-spawned there.  The strange thing is, even though he was spawning well away from his field, I'd only get a kill on him about 75% of the time, even though I was hitting him.

AKDejaVu

Offline Nethawk

• Zinc Member
Lot of "no kills" lately
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2001, 01:21:00 PM »
I'm glad (well, sorta) that this is not only happening to me.  Yesterday (Sunday) twice I was not credited with a kill that I should have gotten - one beeeeautiful under-belly blowup of a Lancaster, I flew right through the fireball and did not get a kill - nor did anyone else.  The second was a loop fight, me yak, the badguy in a spit - finally got a snapshot, he wafted down to the ocean, 'sploded, and no kill.  In both instances there was no indication in text buffer that the plane was shot down by anyone.

I get about 4 kills a week, I would like to be credited for all of them  

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Lot of "no kills" lately
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2001, 01:32:00 PM »
Been complaining about No-kills for a week or 2. No I haven't posted on the Bug forum because I always think it's lag or something.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
Lot of "no kills" lately
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2001, 05:25:00 PM »

No, duck, this happens in the open fields all too often to me.  Happened again this morning after 2 hits on a tank.

I've had this happen at far range (5k or so) and I've had this happen at 800.  I fire, I see the sprite on me FE.  Sometimes firing up to 3 rounds with no damage to the enemy.  Likewise I've taken many rounds before but it always takes at least 1 component within the 1st 2 shots.

Now is it lag?  I've confirmed from one player (I normally figure out who is in pnzr's in the area) that he heard the hits before he exited.  In fact I feel comfortable in saying everytime I've had this happen that the enemy knew I had them pegged and exited.  

I've never had this happen in an AC but since so many ppl have mentioned this has happened to them...I'll post in the bug forum.  

------------------
Wingnut
Luftjagerkorps

The quality of the box matters little.  Success depends upon the man who sits in it  -  Baron Manfred von Richthofen

[This message has been edited by Wingnut_0 (edited 02-26-2001).]