Author Topic: Stick unmapping in flight  (Read 463 times)

Offline Azul32

• Zinc Member
Stick unmapping in flight
« on: June 30, 2005, 08:11:07 PM »
Ok guys i posted about this problem about a month ago and got no replys.
Problem I am having is the game unmaps all my buttons and hatswitch sometimes. All my Axis work roll pitch etc but i lose  everything except for my primary fire button which i find really odd. And no I am not on drugs:rolleyes: (sometimes I think I should be)
The only way I could fix this problem before was to  log out of game then log back in... no problem , right??? Well I am stuck in H2H for the time being until Hitech gets my payment. I was hosting a game and this happened....well needless to say it sorta pissed everyone off  that I had to relog.:(
What i found out today while not wanting to relog was if I set up a 2nd stick set I could get it to work by setting all the buttons the same as 1st stick set.
If anyone(Skuzzy please help!!!!!!!!) has any idea what is causing this please let me know. This problem is getting very frustrating:mad: :mad:
FREE KILLS FOR WHOEVER CAN HELP (some restrictions may apply:p :p )

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 09:54:21 PM »
Azul,

give system specs, joystick type, OS platform your using,  maybe even a copy of your directX log. these things might help someone figure this ill effect out for you :-)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 01:22:02 AM »
I'm gonna take a wild stab and guess its an external stick mapping utility that's either kicking in late or is designed to zap the stick every so often so it stays in sync with the mapper?  Screws up the AH mapping?  I grasping at straws here.  I do know I've had bad luck with external mapping utilities, so if you are using one try disabling it and just go with the AH stick map?

Offline Azul32

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 05:16:49 AM »
T.C.  ok im a little bit of a pc idiot well actually alot of bit of pc idiot. um OS is win 2000(dinasoar i know) stick is a Logicrap Extreme 3D pro(piece of  **** Star of Africa    ok there is a program for the stick called profiler that comes on everytime i turn my pc on but i cntrl alt delete and shut that program down be4 i go into game...should i totally delete this program???? or should i leave this running????? Also I cannot calibrate this stick in windows I guess it is supposed to be self calibrating???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Whoever thought of this idea should be taken out to the middle of desert and be shot.:D

Like i said i am a computer idiot and i dont know what i should or shouldnt be doing.... I just want to fly and have fun:) Thank you both for replying to this post  I have been very frustrated since i got no reply from the last post . I appreciate it. The next round of beers are on me:) :)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 07:08:32 AM »
If this is a USB stick and you are running Windows XP, make sure you have Service Pack 2 installed.

Also, do not load any drivers or software that came with the stick, if the above is true.  Windows XP and Aces High will recognize the stick if it is USB based.

If the stick is USB based and you do not have any drivers or utilies loaded from the stick manufacturer, the stick may be losing contact with the USB port.  This can happen if the USB port is not supplying enough power to the stick.
When it does, it can reset the Windows ID for the stick, causing it to appear to lose all its information in the game.  The only remedy for this problem would be to get a powered external USB hub.

Hope that helps.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 07:10:04 AM »
I changed your signature, by the way.  Check the forum rules for this.  Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 07:50:49 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I changed your signature, by the way.  Check the forum rules for this.  Thank you.

LOL! I hope to see that line in alot of folks sigs :) well, except for mine.....

Offline Azul32

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 10:25:22 AM »
forget it I will just switch to 2nd stick set when it happens

Offline Damned Goose

• Copper Member
Stick stirring
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 10:45:02 AM »
Azul ,
 Can you program your joystick keys through AH2? Not using the program you used through software provided w/stick? Goose
The only thing to fear is fear itself..

Offline Azul32

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 11:43:25 AM »
Ok I deleted the Profiler program and was surprised to see  that this stick can be calibrated in windows. I know lots of people have problems with Logicrap, so I guess I will see if that was the problem or not.

Anyone feel like putting up a mission to go bomb Logitech's HQ????:D

Thanks to all that have tried to help, only time will tell if its fixed or not

Offline Damned Goose

• Copper Member
Stick stirring
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2005, 04:30:46 PM »
Azul32,
 Just let me know how it does. I had all kinds of crap happen with Ch program manager. I finally got a clue and programmed the stick and keystrokes right in AH2. All good to go...Please let me know if it still is givinbg you fits. goose
 Hiyas Skuzzy :(

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 07:48:59 PM »
Goose,

Don't forget CH never stuck a flash chip in the digital sticks so it won't keep the settings. IMHO it's better to program the stick in the game. All you have to do is log on and start flying.

Offline Damned Goose

• Copper Member
Stick mapping
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2005, 10:34:04 PM »
Ren,
 That is the point I am trying to get across. You do not need to program a stick map. Just go into AH2 and set your stick and the keystrokes. Goose:aok

Offline Azul32

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2005, 11:05:09 PM »
I guess the problem was the Logitech profiler program. Hasnt happened at all yet today.
I do have my stick mapped in AH , actually I didnt even know that you could do it elsewhere. I wasnt using the profiler program ,I just didnt know that I could get rid of it and have the stick still work I thought you had to have it. Ren set me up long time ago in AHI with the stick mapping and i imported that file into AHII and just changed the buttons I needed.

Thank you guys for all your help I really appreciate it , now maybe I can fly a little more instead of having to relog so much:aok
And know maybe I can actually get a few more kills since I am not going to be using kybrd to see whenever it happens.

Offline Damned Goose

• Copper Member
Stick Happiness!
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2005, 09:03:01 AM »
Azul,
 Good to hear if you need anything else just give a holler. I am glad that it seems to be resolved at this point . Goose:D