Author Topic: Need a Little Help.........  (Read 703 times)

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
Need a Little Help.........
« on: December 12, 2000, 10:16:00 PM »
OK how do you belly land in this game? I think the death to belly landing is overmodeled and needs looking at by Pyro and HT but that's just my POV. I've tried everything I can think of and I always end up in the tower. Sure would be nice to actually see the crash and roll around a bit before I die. Anyway If any of you guy can tell me how you bellyland WITHOUT EVER DIEING!!! Let me in on the big secret. I've never had a problem with this in any other SIM I've flown so this puzzles me...

LLB OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2000, 10:22:00 PM »
There was much hew and cry about people ditchin' here, so HTC enacted Instaboom (tm).

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2000, 10:22:00 PM »
The key is to get very slow and as low to the ground as possible. If you have flaps use them. If you have partial gear, leave it up. Just get slow and as gently as possible lower it to the ground. DO NOT STALL IT IN. that is sure death. You will have to fly it in. I can't tell you what speed as it depends on what plane you are using. Try it in the TA if you are a score type person.

Good luck

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2000, 10:45:00 PM »
Hi

Use flaps and set up for a normal landing if you still have power, than just descend at a slow rate till ur speed is under 100 and touch gently. If you dont have power I wouldnt use flaps as theyll just slow you down and cause a stall and death. I think the key in both scenarios is to touch down while still moving forward at under 100mph and not stalling in. I fly G10 and it dont glide all that well, so i think it could be easier on most other planes. Remember 100mph or under. Keep gear up if one is shot away.

thanks GRUNHERZ

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2000, 10:55:00 PM »
Er
That's hue and cry.
After the hue and cry pretty much everyone in the village is obliged to apprehend the criminal.
If the sheriff's around, he may use his power of the county (posse comitatus) to get all the able-bodied men to search for the suspects.
llbm, the last sentence is disingenous, since I do know you as a former WB player.
(although I have to agree.  We really need some of those survivals back, where you strip the plane down to its fuselage, and walk away from some nasty ones.  From a pure business perspective it makes sense: one less kill isn't going to get a veteran as upset as one incredible survival is going to get a rookie pumped.)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2000, 11:10:00 PM »
<Nash reluctantly walks up to the chalkboard and writes>

That's hue and cry.
That's hue and cry.
That's hue and cry.
That's hue and cry.
That's hue and cry.

Thanks Dinger. I now realize my mistake. This is what I get from reading crap web pages:

"The hew and cry was SO loud that Congress just HAD to write a law that tells..." - http://www.bushcampaignhq.com

[This message has been edited by Nash (edited 12-12-2000).]

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2000, 08:16:00 AM »
Belly landing is all about your sink rate.  Get as slow as you can without stalling and easy that thing ever so gently down.  The trick I find is to get it down as low as you can while you still have lots of air speed.  Then you don't have far to fall when and as you slow you can ever so gently belly it in.  It does work.  

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2000, 08:17:00 AM »
If your engine is dead, reduce your RPM (feather prop) and you'll have alittle smoother landing as well, depending on the A/C.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2000, 10:20:00 PM »
I've done this several times lately quite unintentionally....
I setup for a landin full flaps, speed around 100, and forget to lower gear  

Done it in the Yak, La5 and Hog, of course all attempts I did slide down the runway, not open ground.  But exited the plane with a Successful landing message lol +)

oops just did it again in a goon this time

AKSKurj

[This message has been edited by SKurj (edited 12-14-2000).]