Author Topic: Salute to the heroes of Pittsburgh Crash  (Read 506 times)

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
Salute to the heroes of Pittsburgh Crash
« on: September 14, 2001, 12:07:00 PM »
S!

As most of you are aware, testimony from family members and 911 messagers who were in cell phone contact with male passengers on Flight 93 which crashed in Pennsylvannia confirm that these men died trying to regain control of the aircraft from the hijackers.

I think we need to remember these men (and possibly women) who realized the situation, (they had been told of the WTC crashes by 911 personnel) and decided not to passively await their fate, but instead to act, even though their chances were slim.  The last words of the passengers were that they would attempt to regain control.

Reports indicate the aircraft, after its initial change of course in the direction of Washington, then began a series of erratic maneuvers which indicated the likelyhood of a struggle.  The aircraft then dived vertically into the ground.

The assumption can be made that the passengers were successful in overpowering the hi-jackers in the passenger cabin, and then the remaining hi-jackers in the Cockpit took the decision to crash the aircraft rather than lose control.

Since the target of this aircraft was likely either the White House or the Capitol building, I think we can safely say these brave passengers probably saved many lives.

A moment of silence for them is in order.

They are the first heroes of the war, but they won't be the last.

Offline buhdman

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~wjbarrow
Salute to the heroes of Pittsburgh Crash
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2001, 01:49:00 PM »
The people who took action on Flight 93 certainly have my respect and admiration!  I can only hope that I will follow their example should ever I find myself in a similar situation.  No hope about it, you can bet I will!