Author Topic: Poll: What to do about hidden CVs...  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Poll: What to do about hidden CVs...
« on: July 03, 2005, 10:21:18 AM »
I would like to get the community's view on something:

When someone from your country hides the CV, would it be wrong to tell the other country where it is?  I mean openly, on 200?

I don't think it's wrong at all.  It's almost the furballers revenge against the fun police :D

Just wanted a few views on it if you would.

Thanks.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 10:27:11 AM »
Of course it'd be wrong to say that on ch200. The correct procedure is to switch sides and go sink it yourself. ;)

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 11:41:43 AM »
Hiding a CV is pretty gamey, and I always ask whoever is controling it to bring it into play.  Good news is that on months I play alot, I can almost always wrest control from 99% of my countrymen.....even better news is I have a few scorepotato....err I mean very talented friends that are always in the top 50 :D

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 12:20:07 PM »
If someone is "Hiding" the CV, and this worries or bothers you, I think that you should fall on your sword, take one for the team, and go find it.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 08:55:33 PM »
guess we didnt hide any cv's at midway ...

(does that explain it )  

whats worse is the spy's/traitors grabbin a cv when the numbers are low and sending it to instant death . (but then these guys probly kill shades too )
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 10:16:02 PM »
Sorry, tactical mavens -- but it's called a game because you get to PLAY with it. Bring the CV into play after a defined time period -- if the "owners" dont lose it within, I dunno, 4 hours, it ought to fall on its own sword and reappear at the appropriate port.

Taking away gameplay opportunities takes away fun. All we're strategizing over is winning 25 perks per map, for crying out loud -- why not just go kill 15-25 planes?

And some of the BEST fights happen either defending a carrier or launching base atacks from one.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 10:20:31 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Sorry, tactical mavens -- but it's called a game because you get to PLAY with it. Bring the CV into play after a defined time period -- if the "owners" dont lose it within, I dunno, 4 hours, it ought to fall on its own sword and reappear at the appropriate port.

Why wait 4 hours? Go find it and kill it.

-Sik

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 02:10:01 AM »
I think it is just fine to turn in the location of the hidden CV.

Hiding CVs is gamey and doesn't encourage gameplay, it hinders it all so some 'arm-chair general' can play with his offline joystick and lose bodily function when he acquires extra perks for winning a war.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2005, 02:22:58 AM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
If someone is "Hiding" the CV, and this worries or bothers you, I think that you should fall on your sword, take one for the team, and go find it.

Read what Vudak wrote again. He said if a person from you own country hides a CV should you tell the other country where it is. I say yes blab it out on Ch. 200. If they dont want to use it then whats the point of keeping it? So the other country cant use it agenst you thats retarded. CVs are ment to go in and take a chance. If you defende it then you dont have to worry about it getting sunk. Most ppl stay 3-4K and wait for ppl that want to attack te CV when they could be at 10K killing the high bombers let the 5"ers and the quad40s worry about lo alt cons.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2005, 03:30:41 AM »
Strange I always denial of resources was a part of a war OR a game for that matter.
I suppose I'm just more into the strategic side of the game vs the quake side.

Rather than blab it out, change sides and go sink it if it bothers you that much.
Or is it you just want someone to take the chance of getting shot down?

Truekill - No matter how well a CV is defended eventually the suiciders get through. Might make more sense if you could only use eggs/torps to kill a CV, but recently I have seen Spits, Lalas even Zekes straffing them.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 03:33:20 AM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2005, 07:07:01 AM »
For the first 12 hours if they want it, let em come find it.

After that if its still sitting back of beyond, I might change its course so its a bit more likely to be found.

24 hours later if its still not been found I wouldn't blab on 200 where it is. Thats just asking to be ostrizised and dweeb hunted.

Find someone on the other side that you know & respect and PM them the location.

You have fulfilled any honor requirements, and you havn't ticked off the rest of your country doing it.

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2005, 08:04:40 AM »
My vote:  do nothing on ch200

if they want to hide it for the sake of hidding it then that just shows  to everyone else they're idiots and  probably need professional help if not getting it already in their lives.

if they want to hide it for tactical reasons and you feel its no tactical advantage in doing so, try to reason with them and if that doesnt work get the perks to take it if it bothers you so much.

i hardly ever see real hiding of the cvs for no good reason i can probably count the times i've seen it on one hand since cvs became avail.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2005, 08:43:30 AM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
Read what Vudak wrote again. He said if a person from you own country hides a CV should you tell the other country where it is.  

If we need any more evidence of my mental incapcity, I'm sure I'll provide it soon enough :p

-Sik

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2005, 10:30:17 AM »

-Sik

I guess I awsnt clear about what I meant. By all means, the "victims" should have fun finding and killing it if they can.

I was thinking more of game structuring. After enough time ahs passed, finding the CV might descend into box pattern searches, which while realistic just isnt fun.

IMHO, the CV should automatically respawn if the associated port has been in enemy hands for a predetermined time. When the game allows it to be hidden endlessly, it just reduces gameplay.

In the meantime, I think I go with Ghosth's plan 100%.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2005, 10:45:41 AM »
id say it depends on what map.

if its a small map with only a couple cv's then keep it hidden, those ports change hands so often.

if its a large map with dozens of cv's  then blab away...