Author Topic: Poll: What to do about hidden CVs...  (Read 1609 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Poll: What to do about hidden CVs...
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2005, 02:01:11 PM »
A post like this is a little like setting up a complaints department and haveing "customers" come in with "Complements"!

Ofcause most replies to this post will favour the so called "lack of game play" but I'll stand with Kev367th on this.  It's not gamey and it's not dweeby.  It's purly for stratigy.  Why have that bloody thing roving around when your trying to take fields?  If it's captured it's captured.  If they (enemy) want it back let "THEM" find it and try sink it.  You could always up fighters to kill the attackers.  

As for blobbing Cv location on 200 or indeed privately, you do yourself, your side and those guys that tuck the port / captured Cv, a great injustice.  As has already been said if it bothers FOLK that much switch countries and YOU go sink it.  It's not as though the whole furball / fields capture thing is all hung up because 1 Cv is stashed away.  Plenty of furballs about plenty of fields to capture.

The only time I wouldn't hide a Cv is when there is absolutly no point i.e close to getting a reset or when the captured port is well in friendly territory.  No point then to hide it.  As for the big maps with 4 + Cv's per side it's just a little to bothersum to remember which Cv to which port etc.  Having said that, becuase of the fluidity, of the larger maps.  It maybe necessary to send a newly acquired Cv to the back untill the terrain captures move on a little.  I refere you to the part about port well in friendly hands.

To sum up.  Cv capture is a necessity and doesn't impinge on game play.  Blobbing about Cv location is err well... darn right rude.

LYNX ~SOB~
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 02:03:15 PM by LYNX »

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2005, 02:01:31 PM »
If they want the CV bad enough, they will find it.

Of course, having some nimrod shout out the location has always been a good tool for the lazy players to use.  Why bother putting out some effort to hunt down a CV when some one on the other side will just hand it to them.

There will always be someone willing to be "fair" that the team looking for the CV can manipulate.  Shout out the CVs location so that we know who you are.  That way we won't accidently have you on a mission or an event where you can do some real damage.

Staggers the mind that questions like this have to be asked.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2005, 02:37:13 PM »
I would tell everyone. Find out where he lives. And drive/fly there and beat him up.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2005, 04:46:36 PM »
I ain't a rat. Game or no game.

Is it my fault I have jerk coplayers that hide CV's, no. Will I rat on my own countrymen because of that, no freakin way.

If I see someone do that, expect me to be buggin you for the remainder of that night, calling you rat and such.

my 2 cents.
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2005, 05:03:51 PM »
How do you hide a CV?  You mean just sailing it to an out-of-the-way corner of the map?

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2005, 05:07:28 PM »
Originally posted by Brooke
How do you hide a CV?  You mean just sailing it to an out-of-the-way corner of the map?

Take a port; sink the CV and the CV becomes yours; you get an extra base/CV.

If you think the port is vulnerable; go hide the CV. It has to be sunk to change sides to match the port's owners.

A very pathetic game "feature".

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2005, 05:21:44 PM »
The PM option is good.  The switching sides to sink it myself is bad.  Then I would be stuck Bish all day ;)

Really though, only the people who would bother to hide it are the only people who would go into coniptions if its position was given away.  I'd be willing to bet that these are the same sort of people who destroy FHs and try to "rally" everyone anyway.  Thus, it matters little to me if they are upset.

I never really did think about the other country actually having a fun time trying to find it though, and I think what GhostH said hit it on the head.

Still, if it is broadcast, the worst that happens is the enemy knows where it is, they can still launch long range missions against it, and if the little sneaky bugger wants to keep the CV for his side, he'd better be willing to fight for it, which is the point anyway.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2005, 06:05:04 PM »
I favor limiting the time a player can control a CV.  If he gives no input for like 10 minutes, he should lose command.  And I also think that somebody with a higher rank should NOT be able to bump somebody else outta the driver seat.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2005, 06:22:30 PM »
Ether brodcatsing the locashun on 200 or PMing one of teh nma playerz is lame!!11! TIHS GAME IZ ABOWT W@RR!1!! WE MUST WIN TEH W@R AT ALL COSTS!

Seriously though, hiding the CVs is lame, and it is boring, and denial of resources is a fancy term for being sulky following your inability to protect or recapture your port, and denying others some fun fights because your virtual pride was injured. IT'S A FREAKING GAME PEOPLE. If the bad guys get the boat back, it's not gone forever. Take the port back, sink the CV again, bam! Right back at square one. Takes twice the time for you to get your precious make-believe boat to some remote corner of the map.

Also, on a related note, I'll be offering GPS Carrier tracking and location reporting in the MA for the reasonable rate of $1.00 (US funds) for each report, and I'll soon be offering you stalkers realtime tracking info on the enemy of your choice, rates to be decided later. I can be reached in-game at .radio 1 hub [enter] / .
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline KG45

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2005, 09:10:27 PM »
hiding the CVs is teh ghey!
all you fascists, you're bound to lose...

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2005, 09:33:20 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire

Also, on a related note, I'll be offering GPS Carrier tracking and location reporting in the MA for the reasonable rate of $1.00 (US funds) for each report, and I'll soon be offering you stalkers realtime tracking info on the enemy of your choice, rates to be decided later. I can be reached in-game at .radio 1 hub [enter] / .

:rofl
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2005, 06:17:01 PM »
lol    listen to these guys................... Calling out to oher side where cv is are probally same guys willing to tell other side where goons is so they can continue to vulch  or guys telling other side about noe missions. Can You please explain difference to  me?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 06:22:27 PM by rod367th »

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2005, 06:26:23 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
-- why not just go kill 15-25 planes?

Or just 5 with a high ENY ride.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2005, 06:40:38 PM »
How about this, just make them visible on the maps.

As for giving location on 200, I guess if you want to look like an idiot  go for it.  I just don't see what could be more "gamey" than that.  

Why all the drama over a chess piece anyway?

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2005, 07:01:14 PM »
Originally posted by rod367th
lol    listen to these guys................... Calling out to oher side where cv is are probally same guys willing to tell other side where goons is so they can continue to vulch  or guys telling other side about noe missions. Can You please explain difference to  me?

The difference being that a goon trying to capture a field or an NOE raid are all parts of the fight, whereas hiding a cv is an attempt to prevent any fight.

I guess the question is who is the greater ***.  The guy who reveals the CV, and thus enables a fight, or the guy who hides it, and thus prevents one.  Not that two wrongs make a right or that anyone who's given some thought to doing the former actually, in the end, would go through with it.  I just was wondering what the community thought of it all.

I still am glad GhostH brought up the point that people might get a kick out of trying to find their "stolen" CV, as I'd never thought of that.  However, when someone plots its course to the opposite end of the map, and it is within an hour or two of being unreachable by that country, in the interest of fairness and fun for the majority, the other team should be alerted while they still have a chance of sinking it.  If they miss, they miss.  If it is defended successfully, well, that's the purpose.  But to simply deny them this fun is like taking the ball home so no one can play.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group