Author Topic: Poll: What to do about hidden CVs...  (Read 1606 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Poll: What to do about hidden CVs...
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2005, 07:12:39 PM »
There's a bigger thing that hacks me off---at pivotal moment on thursday or friday, (first day of new camp, everyone was ranked 0) , 2-3 bases either way determined whether Nits or Rooks won reset over the Baltic map (the one with all the gv fights on west side between 18/19)-- as CV49 was approaching southwest side of 45--needing dearly to be turned NE, guy named 46321 grabs it..noob...never seen before or since that day--he STILL has 15 sorties, no kills---he held the cv from us, keeping it away from helping recapture 44--ya CANT take a cv away from anyone if everybody ranked 0--46321 held that cv in useless loop until nits won reset about an hour later---in short, 0 ranked pukes oughtnt be able to grab cv--if I had a nickel for every time I've seen this over past 5-6 years--
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2005, 08:07:19 PM »
"The guy who reveals the CV, and thus enables a fight, or the guy who hides it, and thus prevents one. "

"in the interest of fairness and fun for the majority, the other team should be alerted while they still have a chance of sinking it."

I think these two comments hold a clue if taken together.

An obvious conclusion would be that if the "majority" were really that concerned, the odds are pretty slim that a higher ranked player wouldn't be able to just grab it and put it back in play.

In reality, probably the only players really concerned about said CV are in the minority, namely maybe two players, the guy who hid it and the guy who's stressing about.  Nobody else gives it much thought.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2005, 08:12:47 PM »
Originally posted by kj714

An obvious conclusion would be that if the "majority" were really that concerned, the odds are pretty slim that a higher ranked player wouldn't be able to just grab it and put it back in play.

In reality, probably the only players really concerned about said CV are in the minority, namely maybe two players, the guy who hid it and the guy who's stressing about.  Nobody else gives it much thought.

Well then, at worst, only one guy should be upset if its position is given away?  That doesn't strike me as reality, though I could be wrong.

The "majority" is a bit of an outside the box concept.  It involves players from both chess pieces, not just the one that hid it.

Hope you won't take this as me personally trying to heckle you, kj714.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2005, 11:02:01 PM »
Use it or lose it.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
Re: Poll: What to do about hidden CVs...
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2005, 11:59:14 PM »
Originally posted by Vudak
I would like to get the community's view on something:

When someone from your country hides the CV, would it be wrong to tell the other country where it is?  I mean openly, on 200?

I don't think it's wrong at all.  It's almost the furballers revenge against the fun police :D

Just wanted a few views on it if you would.

Thanks.

Am I missing something here? I don't understand. If you mean a cv we just acquired, by the work of land grabbing toolshed hitting dweebs that took a port and sunk a cv. Then you don't see the big picture, of course you run the cv. The greater the distance between the port and the cv, the more u split their forces.

So why give it away?

Now if your talking about a cv allocated to us, well then my question stands again, why give it away?

Kinda funny how this question would be moot if we were all furballers, since there'd be no port capture, nor cv to hide.

Weird huh.
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2005, 12:11:45 AM »
Hes talking about some bunghole hideing a CV that the enemy owns the port to way off in a corner taking it out of play so the enemy cant use it.Which is gay.
 To simplify,Bish take port B12.The rooks still have the CV and Little Nepolian takes control and shoves it into bumfeeked eygpt so it will not be used.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2005, 12:52:07 AM »
Originally posted by DrDea
Hes talking about some bunghole hideing a CV that the enemy owns the port to way off in a corner taking it out of play so the enemy cant use it.Which is gay.
 To simplify,Bish take port B12.The rooks still have the CV and Little Nepolian takes control and shoves it into bumfeeked eygpt so it will not be used.

Ohhhh, crap. Sorry, never thought of that. I apologise then. I misunderstood. Yes, then we should take cv towards port and recapture port.

But, normally the furballers wouldn't call that 'fun police', since there's no planes upping at a port.
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.fasteasynet.com
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2005, 12:59:45 AM »
I say if you can keep the enemy from being able to use it, do it!  Deny them every weapon possible.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2005, 09:03:35 AM »
Originally posted by airbumba
Ohhhh, crap. Sorry, never thought of that. I apologise then. I misunderstood. Yes, then we should take cv towards port and recapture port.

But, normally the furballers wouldn't call that 'fun police', since there's no planes upping at a port.

Well no one ever said you had to recapture the port with it.. Just bring it into play somewhere.  I really don't care if you use it for a furball, for milkrunning, base capture, or even just as a mobile resupply base for other hard hit places.  What gets me is when someone sends it into the far corner of the map and sails a triangle.  Pretty stupid.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2005, 09:19:48 AM »
Yep... just announce the location to everyone.
sand

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2005, 10:26:32 AM »
so funny to listen to some of the clueless people here lol.

some maps with many CVs (couple 5 or 6 per side), doesnt really matter if enemy CV is hidden.  but some maps like nisles for example. 2 CVs are important  if u wana be able tofocus on other fights. CV13 and CV20 they both spawn within 15 mins of enemy base.

if team A owns A10, CV 13 is pain in da ***, every 15 mins its a furball as team B uses it to try n retake a10, forcing A to use resources for an hour or more to defend 10.  so if A gets p14 and C13, then takes 13 out of area, before B retakes p14. A 10 is fairly safe and wont require defending every 15 mins, and alow
A to focus those resources elsewhere.

same situation goes for P21 C20  to a40,  take n  remove C20, A40 doesnt have  CV hitting it every 15 mins.

Nisles  benifits most  from captured CV retreat. most the other maps, either have many more CVs or the water is too small to allow effective CV hiding.

simple if u dont want ur CV taken and hid from u, u should defend ur port in 1st place, or do what most the bish do, use thier 2nd accounts to spy out enemy movements.

ive said before many times,  when  port is take, CV should respawn to owner after like 4 hours, makem Use it before u LOSE it.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2005, 10:31:19 AM »
Originally posted by whels
so funny to listen to some of the clueless people here lol.

some maps with many CVs (couple 5 or 6 per side), doesnt really matter if enemy CV is hidden.  but some maps like nisles for example. 2 CVs are important  if u wana be able tofocus on other fights. CV13 and CV20 they both spawn within 15 mins of enemy base.

if team A owns A10, CV 13 is pain in da ***, every 15 mins its a furball

Ohhh, so true.  We definetlt don't want anything like that to happen.  People fighting, the killing, all those planes in the air.  Can't we all just get along?

Or are you saing that we need more CV on that map?  Sorry, I had to ask being clueless and such
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2005, 10:50:08 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Ohhh, so true.  We definetlt don't want anything like that to happen.  People fighting, the killing, all those planes in the air.  Can't we all just get along?

Or are you saing that we need more CV on that map?  Sorry, I had to ask being clueless and such

if u wouldnt take the just part f the statement, ur  highlight would be mute.  its a furball to capture/defend  the base. not a furball to just fight.. BIG difference.  middle island is a example of furball to fight most the time.

and yes more CVs per map, would render CV hiding less usefull.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2005, 10:53:28 AM »
I think a limited number of AC should be allowed to up from a particular base at any give time.(which would /could change due to ENY limiter) including CVs

the more CVs you have in the area the more planes and firepower you can bring to bear.

this would make capturing and actually using a CV more preferable then hiding it.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2005, 11:01:01 AM »
Originally posted by whels
its a furball to capture/defend  the base. not a furball to just fight.. BIG difference.  

From what I've seen, most furballs that don't happen in center island have a substantial number of people not carrying any sort of ordinance.

A furball is a furball.  I don't see the difference, except, perhaps, that you do not like having the bases you seek be contested, or the ones you own, attacked?  I might be wrong, but this is the impression I've gathered.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group