Author Topic: If They Wanted A War They Are Going to Get A War  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
If They Wanted A War They Are Going to Get A War
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2001, 09:04:00 AM »
let's not be divided.
I'm sure every sane individual in the free world is angry.
The last thing we need is in-fighting.

Everyone deals with this in his/her own way and sometimes they are quite different.

It's really time for us all to stand up and work together.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2001, 05:50:00 PM »
Don't doubt for a moment that the US response will be massive and prolonged...a lot of good buddies are already gone. Alot of stone cold, buzz cut good buddies are already moving out...hell hath no fury like a pissed off marine. Bush left out the last and most important line in the prayer...i think that someone forgot...we ARE the biggest badass in the valley.

Vengance will be ours.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2001, 10:24:00 PM »
It's time like this makes me proud and glad I'm a US citizen. This will mean you strike  US citizen anywhere and you'll have the fear of God himself all over your country.

Belive me this war will beone of biblical proportions, I would say could be short of WWIII.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2001, 04:15:00 PM »
revenge is "best" served cold IMO   :mad:
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2001, 04:22:00 PM »
Well u guys in Us is not alone the same situation called mad,angry, want to fite the evil of muslim fanatics is here too in skandinavia.
In norway we all have to serve the military somhow, and still in my age im willing to dress up again and go wherever in the world neeeded to fite this insanity.
nato is standing toghter for this one using article 5 !!!!

PS!
im a peace loving man but some thing just changed it .

airguard

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: air_guard ]

Offline Tozza

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2001, 04:25:00 PM »
I agree that the events in America are outrageous but please read on:

As a British citizen,I've had first hand experience of terrorism at the hands if the IRA (I was hospitalized for 3 months in the Manchester bomb and lost the sight in 1 eye)20 years ago,the British government decided to be "firm" with them.That day was known forever more as "bloody sunday" and we have been paying for our hotheadedness in innocent lives for the last 25 years.
I agree America needs to respond in a decisive manner against the perpetraitors of the act in New York,but I think they ought to wait for a few weeks,listen to world opinion and think things through b4 responding.To act hastily while emotions are on overload could be a mistake that we all live to regret.
Hopes and prayers to the American people.

Tozza

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2001, 06:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jase:
Btw Keez...For the record I served for over 4 years in the United States Air Force and am a Honorably discharged Sgt from that branch.  Have you ever served?

Gee... let's all drop trou and compare noodlees, shall we?

Jase... I understand your sentiment and I can empathize... Need to work on your delivery.  :)
sand

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2001, 09:10:00 PM »
SW, attacking the terrorists is also a temporary solution... as to why, read the bin Laden interview posted by someone else on this board. The more of these people we kill, the more they will want to kill us.

I'm not saying that I oppose a retaliatory strike. I am saying that it is far from all that is necessary. Certainly, there is no way that the US can "amend" its foreign policy to the extent that it satisfies everyone, but steps can be taken. Drop economic sanctions, move more carefully in the Arab world, and act consistently. This will not have a short-term effect, far from it, but we all need to change - those who terrorize and we who cause terror to be directed against us.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2001, 09:22:00 PM »
Yes, they wanted a war. In fact, they have been waging their version for quite some time.

We didn't want a war, but we're going to get one too.

If we really WHACK them very hard, they will not give up. They will come back at us again, as hard as they possibly can.

If we DON'T really WHACK them very hard, they will not give up. They will come back at us again, as hard as they possibly can.

Zero sum game.

Prepare for a very long struggle. This will not be like Viet Nam, either. If we lose our will and "withdraw"... they won't.

Look how long the Israelis have been dealing with a very similar problem with very similar (if not many of the same) folks.

This is nothing to look forward too. It's going to be grim.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2001, 09:25:00 PM »
Thanks again, Toad.

Man, I'm gettin' tired of agreeing with you.   :D
sand

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2001, 09:25:00 PM »
Toad, I think you hit the nail on the head.

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2001, 10:49:00 PM »
Toad, my god, I'm agreeing with you as well  :)  The former Commander of the USAF said something along these lines.  Basically, not only do we need to make a military response to the adversary, but we also need to very seriously take measures to mitigate the situation that spawned this war, and try to peacably resolve the Mid-East problem.
ingame: Raz

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2001, 01:05:00 AM »
Cut 'em off at the pass.

Shut down ALL trade with Rouge states from EVERY direction. Any Nation harboring or abetting terrorists gets on "The List". Any Nation that trades with these states gets on "the List"

Listed nations get their assets seized abroad. All of them. They get their ports bombed, and harbors mined closed. Their rail lines, communications and power facilites bombed. No air traffic, no communications traffic, no data traffic. Turn it all off.

With no income, no trade, no medicine, no food, no contact with the civilized world it would seem harsh for the citizens of that country. Mayhaps we would THEN find those nations more willing to be 'civilized'.. after they toss out their corrupt and demented leaders..

Lets not waste one GI's life on "invasion".. lets just close the damn hole the bastards crawled outta.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2001, 06:55:00 AM »
Nevermind... posted a disagreement with Hang again, but I'm not going to voice it.

I hadn't realized where you are at and what you do.

All the best.

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: Sandman_SBM ]
sand

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2001, 08:19:00 AM »
Remember, Afghanistan is major Opium supplier. Just like Iraq has their oil fields, life insurance.