Author Topic: Jerry Falwell owes an apology  (Read 848 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Jerry Falwell owes an apology
« on: September 14, 2001, 08:58:00 PM »
Here's a small taste of Mr. Falwell's vitriol...

"The ACLU's got to take a lot of blame for this...throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle...all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say, 'You helped this happen.'"

more on the topic from Bill Berkowitz

I think Falwell owes the people of the United States a profound apology. After that, he needs to sit down and shut up.
sand

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2001, 09:17:00 PM »
Agreed. Seperation of church from state - long may it last! Keep church OUT of public schools! Never relinquish your right to choose! Never relinquish the right to live your own lifestyle without fear of harassment or hatred!

Amen.

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: ispar ]

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2001, 09:35:00 PM »
a lot of people with weak agendas will unfortuantely use this event to try to make a point. his a bloated windbag - ignore him.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2001, 10:44:00 PM »
Get a load of this statement from http://www.falwell.com/

I sincerely regret that comments I made during a long theological discussion on a Christian television program yesterday were taken out of their context and reported, and that my thoughts--reduced to sound bites--have detracted from the spirit of this day of mourning.

Out of context, my ass.
sand

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2001, 01:28:00 AM »
osama bin falwell?

Offline Olgzr3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2001, 02:51:00 AM »
No doubt about it, Falwell is an idiot. Here is a quote from another idiot, Filmmaker Michael Moore.

Many families have been devastated tonight. This just is not right. They did not deserve to die. If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes' destination of California--these were places that voted AGAINST Bush!  

Why he feels this has anything to do with Bush baffles me, and even if it did, why would Arabs care who they killed? All they wanted to do was kill as many Americans as possible.

Olgzr

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2001, 04:37:00 AM »
With this latest bit from Falwell, and the prior blasting of the immoral Teletubbies... I think reporting on him is akin to walking down the street and sticking a mic in the face of some total nutcase. It's complete gibberish.

Why are people still listening to that guy? Why is what he says news?

Offline Feenyx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2001, 05:09:00 AM »
Nash- perhaps people listen out of morbid curiosity to see what kind of utter nonsense he'll spout next.

I'm frightened that some people, no matter how few, DO take him seriously.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2001, 07:31:00 AM »
if America ignors him he will go away. every time he says something stupid and outragous, he pisses people off and then they put him on tv more.

the sad thing is people lump him together with the rest of christian america and think we are all nutjobs.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2001, 08:50:00 AM »
Sheesh.. quit acting like this is something new from Jerry Falwell.  The news was slow for a day.. so they went were they knew they could get an outlandish quote.  Has Jerry Falwell ever failed to blame these people for every fault in the world?

The guy's a tard.. always has been and always will be.  <-This coming from a conservative with Christian views

Now quit giving his drivel relevance as if it means something. ;)

AKDejaVu

Offline Red Ant

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2001, 11:34:00 AM »
"Every good American should kick Jerry Fallwell in the ass"

Barry Goldwater