Author Topic: Pony tards ^_^  (Read 686 times)

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Pony tards ^_^
« on: July 14, 2005, 07:13:51 PM »
Im intrested in learning the pony, and would like some help in it. I use to fly it long ago and loved it. Im noticing how getting in close and hitting can be deadly, but it seems When encourter anything that can outturn me no matter what I always end up dead. Any help? Akak was telling me about some manuver called the clover leaf. I have no idea how to preform this or what it looks like. Can somebody post something explaining it? Thanks.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Pony tards ^_^
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 07:36:35 PM »
Cloverleaf is pretty much 38 specific since it uses the "zero torque" to push the plane just to or beyond the stall (correct me if I'm wrong here someone)...as for the pony...its a great e fighter and can T&B very well. The real key is not turning it in the horizontal and using flaps. While it wont "out turn" everything its got a great turn rate (at a large radius) at higher speeds....probably the biggest problem guys have is "pulling" so hard they get the plane working against itself....but your pony in a 2G turn at 325 and you'll walk around a spitty pretty quickly...but pull 4G's and that same spitty will give you a 20mm bath pretty quickly. Use your "total E" with priarily vertical or vertical obliques and a bit of rudder and you can hang with anything accept a better pilot:)....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Pony tards ^_^
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 11:33:26 AM »
yes i think humbles right. i believe its the process of 'pumping' thethrottle at the top of loops, or inside a turn. it works best with flaps, but you pump, which needs to be quick back and forth. this pushes lots of air over the wings, and the flaps direct this downwars, so aswell as turning, it shifts you upwards(very useful when ure about to hit the trees:)). practise it in the ta a bit, and see what you can do with it :aok

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Pony tards ^_^
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 11:42:31 AM »
Had a run in with Mane early this morning, bounced his pony in an la-5. Wasnt my "best" flying but no doubt he's a much better stick.....will give you a pretty good idea of what a pony can do in good hands. I really didnt push the lala to the edge....but you can see just how much mane gets out of the pony in the semi verticals. I probably could have settled for a couple of face shots but just dont fight that way in a 1 on 1....was amazed how well he gets the nose around on that thing. I'll post clip to this thread whjen I get back home....thing to notice is that he's never manuvering "flat"....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
Pony tards ^_^
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 07:39:15 AM »
hey humble, you still have the old films i sent ya?

thare was a nice p38vrs pony in one of them :)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Pony tards ^_^
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 02:20:30 PM »
Originally posted by Flyboy
hey humble, you still have the old films i sent ya?

thare was a nice p38vrs pony in one of them :)

Should still be up on the site....I'll look

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
Pony tards ^_^
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 04:37:47 PM »
found it :)

check the 51 vrs 38 film jet.

linki

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Pony tards ^_^
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 06:31:06 PM »
Woah your aim in that lala movie was great! Good flying flyboy!

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Pony tards ^_^
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 07:17:15 PM »
Morphs "Stang" movie was really good too
nice E and flap management .

ah found it ....

http://bk.badcompanyclan.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1

its called runstang
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 07:19:49 PM by Roscoroo »
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Pony tards ^_^
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 08:14:45 PM »
Yeah another great movie. Keep em comming :)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Pony tards ^_^
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 01:08:32 PM »
treat it like a spit9.

when you get into a turn fight the more flaps the better.

learn its limits and keep it at the ragged edge.

stall limiter is your worst enemy, so keep it off if its on.

dont be afraid of stalling it, it'll recover fast.

never take more than 75% fuel and dont start into a turn fight unless you're under 50%.

if you're going to bnz, push it to its utmost limits.... fly as fast as you posibly can otw down for a pass then when going back up use every last bit of energy to come over the top... dont pull back to bring the plane back over, let the plane fly itself over the top.

it is one of the best energy/bnz fighters in the game, but it can also turn VERY well. Learn to know when you can and cannot start a turn fight. dont stick only to BnZ, you'll never learn this plane that way.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.